Heads up: Imageshack no longer free

6 posts in this topic

Posted

What are the benefits of subscribing to a premium plan?

A brand new design for a faster, better looking, and easier to use site. No ads of any kind: meaning better privacy and identity protection while you browse the site. A modern image uploader with drag and drop functionality. the ability to resize images, to any resolution at any time, even after they are uploaded.

Can I still have a free account?

Yes. We give you 30 days to try the site, absolutely free. There is no need for credit card payment or prepayment, simply make an account and start uploading.

Wow! The ability to resize images for $1 a month!

Useful sites to host images: Imgur, Dropbox, Puush

Posted

ImageShack always sucked anyway. I haven't used it in years and can't stand it when I try to view an image hosted by them.

However, their downloadable image uploader is/was golden. It actually let you upload dozens of images and spewed out a list of all the links for you. Anyone else do that? Photobucket used to, but since their last few updates I haven't been able to find anything. Since most image hosts don't have any kind of feature like this, does it seriously never cross anyone's mind that people might just want to upload 10+ images and then want a list of URLs?

Hah! Of course not!

Imgur and all those are good for quick image hosting, but if you need reliable service with no downtime/etc (for, say, eBay images), you aren't going to find something reliable for free. Even if you decide to pay, it's still hard to find something good. :/

This just seemed like a good excuse to rant, I suppose.

Posted

Dropbox is better anyway.

Posted

ImageShack always sucked anyway. I haven't used it in years and can't stand it when I try to view an image hosted by them.

However, their downloadable image uploader is/was golden. It actually let you upload dozens of images and spewed out a list of all the links for you. Anyone else do that? Photobucket used to, but since their last few updates I haven't been able to find anything. Since most image hosts don't have any kind of feature like this, does it seriously never cross anyone's mind that people might just want to upload 10+ images and then want a list of URLs?

Hah! Of course not!

Imgur and all those are good for quick image hosting, but if you need reliable service with no downtime/etc (for, say, eBay images), you aren't going to find something reliable for free. Even if you decide to pay, it's still hard to find something good. :/

This just seemed like a good excuse to rant, I suppose.

I can do all this with dropbox. And I never had downtimes with either dropbox or imgur

Posted

I started using puush and never went back. I actually get a little grossed out whenever I see anyone using any other image uploader.

Well except for Dropbox, but none of my friends use that for images apparently.

Posted

>implying anyone really uses imageshack

1 person likes this