#We might actually get Fallout 4 (And also a Elder Scrolls game)

Dr. Orange

E3 coming up.

All that talk.

But what's more important is that Bethesda is coming to E3 and with that we might actually get the Fallout 4 and maybe a new Elder Scrolls gmae.

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/10415/20150216/elder-scrolls-6-fallout-4-ps4-xbox-one-pc-release.htm

http://www.bethblog.com/2015/02/10/bethesdas-first-ever-e3-conference-save-me-a-seat/

Prep dat booty cuz it goin to rock dis yer.

• Like 1

f87.gif

----

I really should try a Fallout game one of these days, and I am most certainly looking forward to TES-VI.  I would love to see some sort of drop in/drop out co-op implemented; what I wouldn't give to be able to play a Skyrim campaign with a friend or two, for example.  (Not at the expense of the quality of the single player campaign though.)

Please don't generic the fuck out of it again... either of them...

I want to be excited but I won't because I know I won't get what I want.

That is for Fallout 4 to be New Vegas without the time restraints and cut content and for TES6 to be a return to Morrowind style role playing with modern bells and whistles.

I want to be excited but I won't because I know I won't get what I want.

That is for Fallout 4 to be New Vegas without the time restraints and cut content and for TES6 to be a return to Morrowind style role playing with modern bells and whistles.

I can agree with half of that.

I've never really enjoyed Fallout. I played Fallout 3, but I couldn't really get into it.

On the other hand, Skyrim and Oblivion are some of my favourite games of all time, so I'd look forward to another game :D

That Elder Scrolls should go back, away from Skyrim to the style of older games, especially Morrowind, but when it comes to Fallout I just really couldn't get that into New Vegas. It had some issues, mechanically, and apart from weapon selection, I found 3 to be vastly more entertaining, though NV did have fantastic DLC, but so did on some of them. One big thing that bugged me was the lack of random encounters, enemies only in certain areas, and how it didn't feel like a post-apocalyptic wasteland near as much.

And the damage threshold system was the biggest offender for ill-conceived mechanics. It didn't make enemies hard, and it didn't even level-gate them or anything, it just made certain weapons unusable and certain perks mandatory. Death Claws, which were the worst for the threshold, weren't even difficult the moment you got a decent .308 weapon and some ammunition for it. Especially if you can go and get This Machine. Then, they're only dangerous if they happen to get the jump on you which should be difficult because they're in static locations from the start. Also, even a 5.56, especially Ratslayer, will obliterate them if you sneak attack them.

New Vegas was also the best open world hallway simulator out there, what with the hundreds of invisible walls in the middle of the desert.

I find myself disagreeing about the direction of the Elder Scrolls series. I found Skyrim easier to stick with than Oblivion. Maybe I'll give it a second chance now that I've discovered the joys of modding. It took a few visual mods for Skyrim to be enjoyable for me to play. What can I say, graphics just do it for me.

I really do suggest trying Morrowind. It's not even comparable to Oblivion or Skyrim really given the game mechanics of it are vastly different.

I just really love Morrowind and my bootless, helmetless Argonians/Khajiit. And levitation. And obscene amount of weapon selection. And the ability to insult every NPC's mother to the point where they attack you and you can commit justifiable homicide for their shinies. And reasons.

Skyrim and Oblivion are fun little power fantasies but they are shallower than kiddie pools (Skyrim more than Oblivion). Morrowind is an asshole jerk who takes no prisoners but encourages REAL role playing and carefully considering your character choices when you adventure and quest andnot just mindlessly beat shit up for THE BEST LOOT.

as for New Vegas gameplay wise it does have problems but I found its writing to be fucking amazing and blows anything FO3 had out of the water, even WITH the obvious deadline-related holes in the narrative. If you could give me a game with NV's writing and care for the lore with FO3's more fairly designed game world and stuff to explore I'd be fuckin happy.