Your thoughts on the dialog? (potential spoilers)

ArwingFan

I'm not sure if spoilers are still a thing now.  But anyways what are your thoughts on the dialog?  I thought it was done well enough, certainly in the spirit of 64. Also during Andross's monologues, does anyone know where Andross was going with this line: "You claim to fight for peace, but do you know what that means?"

That's funny. On my tumblr rp account, I wondered about the same thing.

I don't know though what he was trying to say, but probably along the lines of "You are jobless after this"..that was my conclusion. In a way of "You live for war..without war, there is no more money to make."

• Like 1

I really like the dialogue. Wolf's voice in particular is great. I was listening to the game's voice clips, and found some unused clips. They're all great.

As for Andross' line, it was hinted by Miyamoto that Pepper's motives may not be entirely pure. Perhaps it's got something to do with that. Otherwise he may be saying that peace cannot exist if you have to fight for it.

I mean, it makes sense, Fox is a mercenary, so "to fight for peace" might come across as hypocritical, considering him being in the line of work he's already in needs conflict and/or war to be a constant well oiled machine. Could also be that Andross is implying that to kill him alone forms the seeds of the next conflict, with Andross around the enemy is all in one place. Say he only takes just causes all ya' like, but there never seems to be any end to him being needed. By only doing the job he's payed to do he ensures that further conflict will happen in the long run, meaning more business offers for situations like the first mission in assault.

Or, most likely, it's one of those throw away lines meant to discourage the hero.

Or Andross was sequel-baiting. That's another likely outcome.

Could be, yeah.

God this cynicism is killin' me. #s get in here and toss in one of your crazy head canon ideas.

I like it, BUT THERE WAS SOOO MUCH MORE THEY COULD'VE DONE WITH IT! WATCH!

_________________________________________________________________________________

(Asteroid Field)

Fox - "Rob. What's the status on the rest of the team?"

Rob - "Receiving text. They have halted the enemy in Sector Alpha. We will meet with them in Sector Beta as well."

Fox - "Good."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Fortuna)

Wolf - "You'll be seeing your dad soon, Fox."

Fox - "Why are you here!?"

Wolf - "You think I was done after Sector Beta!? I was just getting warmed up!"

"Now I'm ready to take you down! You and me! Let's finish this!"

Fox - "Alright! If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get!"

Wolf - "Come at me, pup!"

(Or if you choose not to!)

Fox - "Sorry, Wolf, but we've got a job to do."

Wolf - "So do I, Fox. What are you waiting for!?"

"Grr, fine! But next time I see you, I ain't holdin' back! MARK MY WORDS!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Space Colony. Arwing run.)

Andrew - "What are you doing here!? Nobody messes with Andross's plans!"

Fox - "I was gonna ask you the same thing!"

Andrew - "I'm not telling YOU! Instead, I'm gonna destroy you!"

Fox - "Oh no you won't!"

(At the end of the mission)

Andrew - "Curse you, Fox! Now look at the mess you've made! G-get away from me!"

Fox - "What was Andrew doing all the way out here?"

(Sector Alpha)

Pigma - "Come and get me!"

(Ignores)

"Well, fine. I'll be back at the Space Colony causing havoc while you cower here! Bla ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Peppy - "Dang. That pig is annoying, but let's hurry, and finish this, then!"

Fox - "Understood!"

(Ok!)

Pigma - "Let's do this!"

Fox - "Team! Continue assisting the fleet! I'll handle Pigma!"

Falco - "You got it, Fox!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's just scratching the surface, I think! SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

• Like 1

This comes from watching play throughs, but Katt's dialogue actually made me do a double take when you encounter her at Zoness.  Call me really pure, but I didn't think such a comment would make it in, given how suggestive it is.  Yes, Katt is supposed to be a flirt, I understand this.  But that comment took me off guard regardless. "Let's do my place next time." I think that's pretty clear.

Outside of that, a lot of good dialogue in the game if you ask me.  Nice little twists on old faves too, like Wolf's lines "You're good, but not good enough!" And Pigma had a good line too. "Yeah yeah, I get it.  Stop treating me like a pork roast!" That was funny. XD  Also, ending on a potential spoiler, James could be more talky too if you took too long in the corridor of illusion.  Or rather, made too many wrong turns, he would show up, and guide you the correct way I saw in one video.  His lines were much more numerable than in his previous appearances when this happened.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 1:09 PM, ArwingFan said:

Also during Andross's monologues, does anyone know where Andross was going with this line: "You claim to fight for peace, but do you know what that means?"

Once Andross wins the war, there will finally be peace in the Lylat System between dogs and monkeys. Since the whole concept of both sides comes from that famous Japanese saying of how they fight, one can assume there has always been conflict between them.

• 4 weeks later...

amcintyr9998, are those all fucking cut content lines, or stuff you made up that you feel might've improved the scenarios? Because I know there's a LOT of cut lines in Zero.

21 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

amcintyr9998, are those all fucking cut content lines, or stuff you made up that you feel might've improved the scenarios? Because I know there's a LOT of cut lines in Zero.

Stuff I made up just off the top of my head at the time. It is seemingly so easy to make all the dialogue in these scenarios more interesting and involving. I mean, if a naive simpleton like me could do it, anyone in the writing profession could've done it, and then some! So many missed opportunities!

• Like 1