Survival on an unknown planet (Casual)

UAZ-469

"It would appear so, though I am hesitant. What if they are hostile?" Muryin was young ad somewhat inexperienced in the field. She rarely was sent out alone on missions and now cut off from her Colonial comrades, she didn't know who to rely on.

"Plus, I do not want to put you in harm's way. You could be seriously injured and do not know your anatomy and physiology to do more than a simple patch job."

Given her own attitude, Loran sees how Muryin could be skeptical, but she was determined to only have minor injuries. A frail person as herself wouldn't have gotten up, yet alone stayed alive from much worse injuries, she figured.

She also similarly agreed with Muryin in the potential hostility, but she'd rather not leave that to assumptions, so she spoke. "My anatomy is pretty much a mirror to you Humans, despite having a few bones for a tail and ears being weirder." In that moment, her ears and bushy tail went on cue to twitch. "And harm's way might be nothing for a Medical Officer and a Fighter Pilot! I think survival is our game, eh? Hehehe!"

Her childish giggles came again, immediately comfortable with her new party member, or so Loran liked to think of Muryin as one...

"Oh I am not human, I am Feomese. But I have grown quite fond of them and picked up a few habits," said as she put back her disinfectant. "There, all good. So shall we go?"

Of course the transmitter was broken! Why should Andrej finally succeed today, if it can go even worse? Then he could also just cannibalize the shuttle for parts, that he would use on the lorry in the swamp or for improvised tools.
Or to repair the transmitter...
Andrej shook his head, mumbled and said, “No, it's alright. Is it possible to repair the...” He paused – something was rustling loudly outside the ship, causing an increase to his pulse. Was the monster back? Maybe even with reinforcements? If it spotted him here, then it was clear that he can't stay at this place for tonight. And should his firepower even be enough to kill one of them, his ammunition will never be sufficient for a group.
But one thing he learned from his companions was that he wasn't allowed to give up, as there will always be light at the end of the tunnel. And should Andrej ever feel like putting an end to his life, just to escape the torment the pirates force him through, then they will always be on his side to carry him.
Besides that, god likely won't see it with pleasure if the soldier threw his gift away.

With new confidence, Andrej stood up, took his assault rifle, released the safety catch, made sure that a bullet was in the barrel and aimed at the trees and bushes. He turned his gun slowly while he looked closely at the nearest bushes, expecting a surprise attack at every moment. And hoping, that they won't overwhelm him.
There!
Something... hairy hid in it and he immediately pointed his weapon at the bush. Were that eyes staring at him between the branches and leafs? So the monster did came back to eat him! Because its last victim put up heavy resistance and injured it, the creature probably attempted another attack, this time on Andrej! Quickly the other bushes checked to see if the animal brought its colleagues, he discerned that this one seemed to be alone.
But he will show the filthy creature, that it was a bad idea to sink its fangs into him...

As a warning, he aimed directly in front of the bush and fired a shot.

A loud shriek came from the bush as a young girl jumped backwards.  She fell on her back and clutched her medkit, the only large object she had on her, and held it in front of her face.  She sat there cowering for a minute or two, hoping the man wouldn't shoot her dead.  Her breathing was quick and shallow, her heart racing.  Was this it?  She didn't want to die here in the jungle...

They heard the rifle shot that made the medical officer almost jump out of her skin. Despite this, Muryin opens her comlink to the medical shuttle. "I will ascertain their intentions Loran, within the safety of our position."

(Muryin to Andrej)

"Who is there? Identify yourself, over? You are currently in the cockpit of the Crimson Dawn Medical Shuttle OC-170113A. Identify yourself and your intentions."

Loran seemingly cowered upon hearing the rifle shot, however, not fearful. She checked under her scarf, revealing a metallic collar around her neck, relieved that it still held a green light, prepared to warn her of overuse of her mother's old magic trick. She held her breath for a moment in concentration, and then blinked.

Looking around her in a speedy pace, she couldn't focus on what Muryin was saying, for it was too slow to decipher now. Loran's sense of time, and only her own, was under a magical haste. She had crouched down and withheld her concentration, reverting herself to normal time.

She stared blankly at the ground for a few moments, before shaking her head, slightly worried about the other potential survivor...

Muryin then turned her attention back to Loran who seemed on edge and tried to comfort her. "It is okay, I am scared too. Let us approach with caution together. Do you have a weapon?"

Out of her concentration, she pepped up a bit, onto figuring out what her weapons were, a simplicity in of itself, scientifically speaking. She rose her two fists into the air like something out of a treasure chest, and smiled.

"A pilot's best tool is their hands!, Muyrin! Might be small, but nonetheless, quite good! A pilot has tricks up the sleeve, too!, and sorry for being on edge, slight side effect for that particular trick, sorry!"

Andrej chuckled after hearing a shriek and seeing how it jumped backwards. “He he, that should teach the monster a lesson.” But it doesn't seem that the animal went away and instead waited behind it. Well, if it stayed there, why shouldn't he bag and eat it? Andrej only hoped that the monster wasn't poisonous, so maybe roasting the body long enough in a fire will dispense it. If one 8mm-bullet won't outright tear the creature to pieces, as it looked rather small, that is.

Another female voice diverted his attention to the computer, this time not from the AI itself and he began to sweat after the unknown woman asked for identification and intentions. What will she do to him should she find out that he was a pirate? Activate the ship's automatic defences? Overheat the reactor to blow it up? Not answering at all will likely give it right away, so Andrej quickly made something up and spoke, “Of course, I'm sorry. My name is Andrej, I'm stranded here since yesterday and...um... I'm afraid that I am the only survivor of my group. I deeply apologize for entering your ship unauthorized, but I thought that everyone was dead.”

Muryin smiled, "It is quite alright, stay close."

With one hand on her comlink and the other on her holstered sidearm, she proceeded through the brush back toward the downed shuttle. "Also be cautious for a 'thing'. I was attacked by some creature not too long ago. It was horrible."

(Muryin to Andrej)

"It is alright, Mr. Andrej. You couldn not have known otherwise. But I must ask you sir to reframe from any further displays of violence. A fellow survivor and I are approaching the shuttle as we speak from the port side. As a token of good will, I will you offer food if you desire. Though my caches are quite limited I am therefore quite confident we can all work together for survival and defense. Do you not agree, sir?"

The leopard was out of her element, flat on her back with her medkit clutched tight to her chest.  The red box with a white cross on it provided some level of comfort.  It made her feel like maybe this would turn out okay.  She didn't know why it was taking him so long to investigate.  Did she have time to run?  She didn't know if she could risk it.  If he saw her running he might actually shoot her this time.  

As Muryin and Loran drew closer, they could see someone hiding in the brush clutching a medkit. Muryin swallowed her fear and opened her mouth to speak.

"Hello," she said. "Are you alright? I am not here to hurt you. Please do not be alarmed, I'm here to help." Muryin points the medical patch on her right arm.

She gasped, turning to the other before scrambling to her feet.  "W-Watch out, there's a guy there shooting" she said quietly as she crouch walked to the female.  "I wouldn't go there..."

"It is okay, I have already talked to him. Beside it is my shuttle and I think he is just as frightened as we are."

Muryin reached around and unbuckled her holster. "Here, take this if it will make you feel safer, the safety is on and there are 197 rounds remaining. Also take my medical satchel just in case I do not return. I am going to give him some food and talk him down."

"Won't you need it?" She asked, putting her hand up.  "I don't wanna take something you'll need" the girl finished.  She knew her way around a firearm, but didn't want to just take guns from strangers.  

"Just hold it for me please, I need to show him i mean well. Please wait here for my return."

(Muryin to Andrej)

She walks to the hatch and knocks. "I am coming in, Mr Andrej. I am unarmed."

She accepted the weapon, checking to make sure the safety was on and placing it on the ground directly next to her as she sat down and brought her knees to her chest.  The leopard was pretty shaken up, but she knew she wasn't alone at least.  That was something.

Loran saw the leopard, while Muryin was negotiating with the freaked out survivor, Andrej, moving herself behind the bush where she was crouching under, simply standing, as the bush already hid Loran better. She didn't want to stare at the leopard's wound, but she wanted to help in anyway she could.

"Here...need any assistance...?"

She seemed unsure to ask, not out of distrust, but she wasn't a medic herself, unsure how to help, still smiling, nonetheless.

"I'm okay" she assured, giving a slight nod as she indicated her medkit.  "Just a scratch" the leopard confirmed as she hugged her legs closer.  The patch of bandage around her arm was beginning to turn red at the center.  It was a pretty bad wound, but it looked like she had properly tended it.  

Andrej got a fright, turned around, his rifle in his hands and aimed at the hatch behind him, after someone entered the shuttle, saying something about being unarmed. A woman in a medical uniform stood there, indeed not having a weapon. That has to be the person, who contacted him.
Although her appearance seemed to be friendly, he wasn't willing to take chances. Remembering how his officer got nearly killed from being shot, back when Andrej was just a grunt on his first “true” mission raiding a merchant ship, despite offering not to kill the helpless passenger contrary to his orders... Of course, the passenger had every reason to be afraid, because the officer wasn't that merciful and argued with Andrej, but being ambushed by the victim, who stole the officer's pistol and then aimed at the recruit, only to be killed by him in self-defence in a panic response, taught him a very valuable lesson:
That some individuals still wanted to murder you even if you showed them mercy.
He made this mistake once – and he surely won't this time.

All right, that's close enough”, he said, trying to hide his nervousness. “Now put your hands in the air, where I can see them, please.”

Muryin did as she was instructed, holding her hands aloft while still carrying the box with one of them. The man was a homo sapian and Muryin always had a soft spot for the fuzzy scalped pink skins. She couldn't help but let out a cute giggle. "Sorry," she said, "you just remind me of someone I know."

She visually scanned the man who seemed quite fit for his age. Her eyes then returned to his eyes and sincerely smiled in that moment. "Are you hungry, sir," she asked, "I have food just for you. Please, let me help you. This is no trick, I assure you."

Loran eased a bit of her worries, but it merely went to Muyrin instead. She remained outside the shuttle, near the bush with the leopard. Then it hit her to at least introduce herself. Loran gives off a slight smile, anyway.

"Well, it's good that you're okay, and really sorry I didn't know to help ya even if ya didn't need it... I'm Loran Macrine of the U.H.S Starlight. Pilot of 200 members. Nice to meet ya!"

//Sorry 'bout the late joining ya'll, I'm having a bit of a rusty start.//

A synthetic creature laid atop the cliff side, overlooking a stream and waterfall, it's single "eye" focused solely in it's sniper scope. The machine was on the hunt, technically it was locked in a firefight with it's prey, one that was dragging the fight out by ducking and diving behind the foliage and rocks below after a few shots in the general vicinity of the synth.

Despite it's apparent superior high ground the machine didn't attempt anything that would make itself a larger target. Earlier in the day it had two other synth platforms that had all been deactivated in some form or another, their programming was tested in countless simulations but clearly without any actual combat data against organics, it and it's fellow synthetic hunters were unprepared.

A flash of blue sprinted out from behind the tree it had been using as cover and made for a rock and some foliage, firing at the synthetic all the while. Lining up it's shot just ahead of it's target, a blue female fox, it fired and landed a hit.

The shot, like the others it had landed quite a few times throughout the day glanced off of the defensive barrier the fox wore. This time however, the Synth's deduced the fight wouldn't last too much longer by the barriers more "exhausted" reaction.

It's kind didn't make the same mistakes organics would, without a pulse or need to breath, it's shot's were a lot more accurate and readjusting for recoil would be a non-issue, despite recoil not existing for plasma weapons.

{[-~-~-]}

Shepherd hunkered down behind her bit of cover and cursed under her breath, her PDS couldn't take much more punishment, something the cerinian was certain that the thing she was fighting, the hain, knew.

"Damn it all..."  She snarled in frustration, her free hand clenching hard as the urge to vent said rising frustration by shouting profanities of all the languages in Lylat at the machine hiding up on the cliffs, or hitting anything around her as hard as she could.

She decided against either, a broken hand wouldn't help matters and 

Placing a hand on her chest, Shepherd did her best to catch her breath and focus herself, something that wasn't as easy as an hour or so before. "Everything's fine, yeah... I just gotta... catch my breath... is all." The clone reassured herself between deep breaths.

She was wet, cold, a little hungry and a lot worn out. There had been two others besides the one robot, or synth, or whatever she was now playing a fatal "peek'a'boo", and all three didn't give her very many opportunities to rest and recuperate.

And she was probably very lucky, she could be fighting a squad size or more, judging by how large their transport ship was, before the vixen gave it a harsh beating in the dogfight she and the hain engaged in.

Not that her own ship came out unscathed, arguably unless the hain's transport had been torn to pieces in the crash.

Her poor crippled ship, the "small order", lay a broken mess, flooded under the constant torrent of the nearby waterfall, her only hope of getting off this rock now was to hope she could neutralize this machine and scan it's data banks for where it had crashed it's own transport.

In order to do that, she needed a way to get up close, to take it down at a distance would give it time to purge it's core of everything. Shepherd couldn't afford that, she'd had already seen what this world had to offer in the form of luring one dogbot too close to the nest of the local fauna, she wasn't too keen on camping out under the stars and risking waking up to some critter nibbling on her midriff.

Her bucket list was long but "becoming a chew toy" wasn't on it.

During their fight, the vixen had learned that the light bulb faces learned from mistakes quickly, and evidently, gave a detailed "do as I say, not as I do" message to it's comrades before death. She had plenty of near-wins, but most of them didn't work more than once or twice.

Thankfully she figured out that as smart as they were, they were sloppy up close and personal.

So while she had a plan, Shepherd didn't have much room for error. Once she was able to muster the energy for yet another go, she reached for a device on her belt and readied her self to press on of it's buttons.

{[-~-~-]}

The organic was taking a while, the programs that made up the hain debated a course of action as it continued to wait out the vixen. Most programs theorizing that the cerinian was attempting on goading the synth to investigate and to continue to wait out the girl, while other's insisted the organic was now too much exhausted or fearful of death to act, to which the suggested response to that was to reattempt communications.

The former plan was what the consensus led to, the fox had been to clear in her actions that she wasn't willing to cooperate and return to the creator.

When bolts of plasma sounded out from another direction, the hain pushed itself away from the cliff and reassessed the situation. Instinctively a sympathetic organic party was assumed, but a second or two of judging the inaccurate shots, of a shotgun spread blaster no less. It was concluded, the vixen had created a distraction for herself. Re positioning itself back to the cliff edge it caught sight of the girl just making it out of sight, against the cliff wall.

There was little chance to get a clear shot with it's sniper, and to take the long way around to re position would give her time to prepare, the organic would be intelligent enough follow bellow.
It could rearm and fall on the vixen's position with a shotgun, though chances are the resulting moment would lead to the death of both parties. It's creator's prime directive was to retrieve the clone alive or dead, but the consensus with the rest of the networked hain was clear (before it lost connection giving chase to shepherd) , bring the cloned cerinian alive.

It was clear, they were now at an impasse.

Being irritated by her response at first, as she seemed to be able to discern immediately that he was a human despite wearing the helmet, he quickly gained back his composure and didn't even think of taking his gun down. “I understand that it's inconvenient for you”, he tried to reassure her, “And I really wished we would have met in a more peaceful situation. But now, I just don't want to take risks.” Then Andrej instructed her further, upon seeing the box in one of her hands, “Now please put the box down and empty your pockets. Slowly, if you don't mind.”