Survival on an unknown planet (Casual)

UAZ-469

"Unless I carry the Corporal, she's not going anywhere." He said heading back to the downed shuttle, to tend his entire reason for being on this foresaken planet.

Muryin waited patiently as Kaan approached with medic bag in hand. Gently and by her instruction laid it upon the ground before look through for the items she needed. She saved the morphine and any sort of painkillers choosing not to use any on herself and disinfected it before bandaging it up. She had removed the bullet earlier which thankfully didn't go in very deep, but deep enough to cause considerable pain.

"Thank you," she sighed, laying her head back on the deck.

Seeing the bag, Andrej asked, “Wait, what are you doing with...” He got swiftly interrupted by the AI, which said laughing, “You are asking this only now? Hello, Tortuga to Andrej! Someone had fired a shot and apparently, one of us got hit. But you know my opinion... no, our opinion to this.”
The soldier was thinking. He could talk, but the poison was still hampering his movements and the lorry's load was lost. At that state, he was useless. But considering the man already had the medical equipment, Andrej's only use at the moment was repairing the thing.
Sir”, he spoke to the man who supported him. “Please help me inside the shuttle, I'd like to start now with the repairs.”

Kaan proceeded tongue shuttle only carrying the medical bag. He marched with shoulders lowered slightly, the weight of the satchel barely enough to be countered as a feather. The presence of the human irritated him. 

The vodka was almost completely gone. Pawel chose to save what little was left, and closed the bottle, shoving it back into his satchel. He then took out a protein bar and began chewing on it. To him, this group was certainly Hell to live with. A talking truck, a playful bear, and man-things galore. He despised man-things, but had no wish to even telegraph his displeasure. So he sat. Quietly. An enigmatic observer.

Kimari honored the soldier's wish and proceeded towards the shuttle, taking the hunter's words to heart. He had dealt with the greed of Humans himself, but with the soldier currently in his grasp, his traditions acted first. No matter the values of this man, he required help. Kimari always had the honor to fight a Human on even ground, not paralyzed by a monster's bite. 

Loran still lied on the ground, unavailable to move until her necklace placed a yellow light. Otherwise, the side effects of her soul would continue even after she stood. She still smiled as she looked up to the sky, however.

Muryin spoke as soon as she saw Andrej. "Are you feeling better sir," she said gripping her leg. It still hurt very much and did her best to tough it out.

Soon after Kaan came with the medical bag. "Take something for the pain."

"No, I don't need it," she says while trying to hide the pain. Kaan sat back and watched her. He had always thought of her as weak, but here in this moment he saw strength and found a measure of admiration for her.

"Very well, I will return with food later." With that Kaan leave the shuttle and Muryin with Andrej and Kimari.

Upon seeing Muryin's injured leg, he asked worried, “Muryin! Are you alright?! Should I send out the vehicle to search for the attacker?! Something I could do for you?!” Andrej felt seriously wrong working on the transmitter despite there being an emergency which was way more important than escaping at all costs. Of course he couldn't do anything to ease her pain, but maybe the warm feeling that she wasn't alone and someone cared for her well-being would help before finally receiving professional treatment.

"No, I'm fine." Muryin said before shifting her concern to him, "how are you sir? I did what I could, I was the one who dragged out of the vehicle at its request."

Muryin gripped her leg as Kaan returned forcefully injecting pain killers into her.

"W-What are you doing?! They are wasted on me! You should have-!"

He looked as if he didn't care before leaving again. Muryin huffed and waited for the meds to kick in.

"Mr. Andrej, what's our next move," she asks.

Don't be like that”, he said after seeing her refusing the pain killers. “We're in a very dangerous situation where false heroism will just lead to unnecessary casualties. For we may or might never meet here again.”
The poison wore down enough to enable him to turn his head slowly to the outside and answered to her question, “Simple, time to get out of here. Please ask the AI what exactly is damaged, then we will take the lorry's computer apart. It will absolutely hate it, but it's just a machine created to spread suffering, torment and war, and I'm not going to help it with its goal. Oh, and thanks again for getting me out, your strenght is very impressive considering I'm weighing over 100 kilograms with my gear.”

Kimari huffed a bit with Andrej still on his shoulder, visually inspecting his heavy gear. Kimari had no issue in picking him up off the ground, but for Muryin, he silently honored that feat. He continued to hoist the soldier in his right arm, and carry his rifle in his left. He decided to speak.

"So, that machina belongs to you or your company? Arrogance doesn't bode it well. Ripping it apart may cure its behavior."

"Yes, the lorry is dangerous to be sure. But I am not sure how to go about it." Muryin said. She thought about it without the pain distracting her this time.

"We can ask the Lord Sergeant for help. He is quite good at...ripping things a part, both mechanical and biological."

(This is what they both look like. It's an old picture, I haven't uploaded in a while lol)

god_sin___excuse_me_by_snyslon93-d81olpx.png

As they seemed to catch on that he was in cahoots with the konkistador, Andrej felt that it was no longer necessary to hide that he was a pirate. When they finally and hopefully would leave this world in peace at the latest, they would find out and possibly hurt him badly for betraying them. How should he put it?
I'll say it this way: it is not part of my squad, but generally, we are on the same side... technically.” And to Muryin's concerns regarding the lorry, he answered, “Although it will report my wrongdoings to our superiors when we return home and thus get me into mighty deep trouble, it will still follow my orders according to its programming. So even if it doesn't want to, it won't do anything if we work in its intestines. And besides, it doesn't have any bullets left.”

Then, after short thinking, he asked, “And even though I despise it: please, don't destroy it. Two persons died to gather data for the computer and I don't want to render their efforts pointless. They worked for evil deeds, that's for certain, but they were still normal persons like me with dreams, hopes and fears.”

"So do we, Mr. Andrej, which is why we have to work together," said Muryin while giving him a sincere optimistic grin. She touched his arms as a further sign of reassurance.

(OK, I lied my third oc is coming)

In the upper atmosphere, a single pod burned heading to the surface as it free falled. Gravity pulled it with the same intensity as a rock. But it was no rock, it was Orbital Drop Pod that was launched by a specialized drop ship. The drop ship moved away undetected by the pirate vessel behind the second moon.

As the pod approached 30,000 meters, it automatically deployed retro boosters to slow it's descent. Once the proper airspeed was achieved chutes were deployed. Once the pod landed, the bolts on the escape hatch blew sending it hurtling into the jungle brush. Out stepped it's occupant, neither man nor machine but something between.

Clad in armor and weapons, 'it' scanned the landscape with extreme scrutiny and prejudice.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect. Then please ask your computer what exactly is broken, so we can start before night falls and indescribable horrors come out of the woodwork.” Andrej then looked directly at Kimari, who he deemed to be the best choice to infiltrate the lorry and taking the computer apart. “Dear sir, do you think you might be able to do the job under my instructions? I don't know what the AI will do without me around to keep it from harming you. Or do you, Muryin, think, that you could handle it?"

• 2 weeks later...

"So, are we gonna move or are we gonna sit around here?" abruptly asked Pawel. He glanced around him, as if he was being stalked. He pulled his shotgun closer to himself.

Muryin seemed a tad apprehensive at first, but mustered her courage to do what had to be done. Infiltration of the lorry didn't exactly set well with her. There was no way to tell what else that thing was capable of and Muryin was going into the lion's den so to speak. She swallowed hard on the collection of salivation at the back of her throat.

"Yes Andrej, I will do as you specified," she said struggling to stand, "just tell me what I need to do and I will do it."

Pawel, incensed at the lack of progress made by this group, got up from his seat without speaking a word picked up his satchel, and began heading off into the woods. Where he was going, he did not know, but at least he was doing something.

"And just where do you think you're goin', lizard lips," Kaan said passively, not even looking up from roasting his meal on the small fire. "Jus' sayin, if you wanna help out then help me find a more defendable location to sink our heels into. If not...maybe I'll roast you on the next fire. I do like the crunch of charred scales and the flake of the meat still soaked in blood. But it's your choice and the duty of karma. So what's it gonna be...scales for brains? Be of use or feed the akuma?"

Pawel did not even pay attention to the man-thing called Kaan. His words went in one ear and fell out of the other. He continue walking. By now he had traveled a fair distance away from the camp, and even with the massive frame he had, he was slowly disappearing into the forest. He scratched his snout, propping up his satchel strap against his shoulder to make it more comfortable, and checked his shotgun: it was loaded. Suddenly, a robot appeared from behind some bushes. It appeared to have been crouched there for some time, and it casually strolled beside Pawel.

"Hey Sebastian," greeted Pawel.

"Greetings Paul," replied Sebastian.

"What are you doing here, Sebastian?" Pawel asked.

"My ship crashed here. I've been stuck on this planet for four days with two Abyssinians."

"That's unfortunate. Who are your fellow survivors?"

"Yohannes Eleazar, and his cousin Selassie Tesfaye." Pawel nodded in understanding.

"Where are you three camped out?" asked the dragon.

"In the mountains 18 kilometers northwest," answered the robot.

"Can I come with? The beings behind me are mad."

"Of course, Paul."

"Thanks."

Kaan who was listening took their location to heart and committed it to memory. He was well hidden and as he had accepted challenges before he threw his voice out into ear shot

"See ya, Pawel. Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about the others. But if you touch the corporal... I'll drag you all to a deep dark place and I will have fun doing it."

Excellent, Muryin!”, Andrej praised her for her courage. “And don't be afraid; as long as I'm here to keep it in check, it won't do anything. We're so close to ending this nightmare, we can't afford to lose now!” He then thought about the needed tools to perform the task: supplies and other objects the both scouts used were gone, since the vehicle had the great idea to hide in the waters from the monsters, but her ship might have a toolbox or something similar. But seeing Muryins problems in standing, he felt the need to give her a few comforting words.

Also, if you feel you are not in the shape to do it, that thing won't run away. If we wait until your wound is fully healed up, then so be it.”

"I am fine Mr. Andrej, if it is alright I can start now." She reach around in the medical equipment locker with the things she had left behind and withdrew a metal adjustable cane. "See, I can use this," Muryin said with a smile.

Muryin wanted to prove her worth to all there and would feel a degree of satisfaction if she could get them to their respected homes...even at the cost of her own freedom. But as she that considered, she remembered the Lord Sergeant and his strange loyalty. ... Why would he even bother? Was he really ordered to find her? The questions rang in Muryin's mind with a far-off gaze and then quickly remembered that she had a duty to preform.

"You know, you may have to move your camp," Pawel said. "I get the feeling these are the types of people who you just can't shake, you know?"

"Don't worry, I understand," replied Sebastian. They continued their walk in the woods towards the mountains.

Kaan returned to camp. He knew the first night on this world would not be a pleasant one and was ready to use the downed shuttle as a temporary fortress. But no soon did he returned, his nostrils flared. Muryin was up and about. Muryin. How strange her name sounded, in his mind he just then didn't refer to her as simply Corporal Zacca or Corporal. Still this feeling of uneasiness turned to strange rage. He marched to the shuttle.

"What are you doing," his tone was harsh, unforgiving, "answer me!"

The sudden shock and embarrassment shown on her face, Muryin almost forgot to speak. "I-I am going to help with the lorry. I am needed Lord Sergeant, doing so will in turn help the others..."

"My duty is to your safety, always has been that way. But these are not mine or your responsibility" he said hushing his voice to an angry whisper, "let's leave them behind."

"No, I cannot do that..."

"Why? They will only slow us down."

"With all due respect, my duty supersedes your authority. As medical personnel I am-."

"Then you will die..." He said angling his eyes down.

A strange silence fell between them. "If it comes to that...yes," she added.

Kaan's eyes shot up level to the medical officer. Why would she stump to that level. No, the corporal must live... Muryin...Muryin...must live.

"I really appreciate your worries for Muryin, sir", Andrej said to Kaan, after hearing their conversation, "But I'm afraid that repairing the ship's transmitter is our only way to send a distress signal for help. Of course I have no problem if you would do the job instead, if Muryin is okay with that. And besides..." He lowered his tone, almost whispering, so the vehicle couldn't hear him. "Could I ask you for something? It is actually very important..."