The VGM Lover

What Star Fox tunes should be in Smash Bros?

21 posts in this topic

^^ Is this all that needs to be said, or what do you think should've been in Smash Bros ages ago?

A more jazzed version of this  ...v...

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Snes1993 said:

A more jazzed version of this  ...v...

Somehow, I managed to figure out how that can work. XD

Certainly those two, along with Krystal's, Lucy's, and, possibly Amanda's themes from Command. A medley with the credits for the SNES Starfox (most likely would be only 1, but if 2 were also in, I'd go crazy!) and the 64 credits. The 3DS credits would also be a nice consideration, depending on the stages chosen (would go great on an Algebraic Sector or Saurian stage).

Sector Omega from Zero is great.

Would be cool to see the SF2 version of Star  Wolf's theme show up too.

Maybe for lulz SNES Fortuna, its a funky beat.

1 person likes this

I'd love to hear the Sector Alpha and Sector Omega themes!

@geoprimedonnaStarfox's credit's theme was already done, and 3DS's cre- (remembers the NEXT credit's section) - Oh yeah. 

@Robert MonroeIf it sounds anything like this... 

... I'll be happy. ^-^

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Sector Omega from Zero is great.

Umm... Hate to say this, but I have to be honest: I'd prefer most of the songs to be from a game from the series with a better reputation than a "trainwreck" game. For example, you don't see many Super Mario USA, or Metroid: Zero Mission songs in SSB. Why? Bad reputation, so it's not even worth highlighting its existence.

@geoprimedonna Zero Mission was a horrible game? Are you f*cking kidding me!? Besides, reputation or no, if it's got good music, put it the f*ck in, no questions asked.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, The VGM Lover said:

@geoprimedonna Zero Mission was a horrible game? Are you f*cking kidding me!? Besides, reputation or no, if it's got good music, put it the f*ck in, no questions asked.

Aaaand speaking of trainwreck, I just said the wrong Metroid game... I was referring to the Wii one, I am certain that the name was similar, and I messed up. I was also too lazy to look it up on Bing. Shame on me. *facepalms self infinitely*

I made my point clear, though: games with bad reputations have few songs in Smash, if at all. Take a look at some of the unlockable songs in previous installments to see it in action.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, geoprimedonna said:

Aaaand speaking of trainwreck, I just said the wrong Metroid game... I was referring to the Wii one, I am certain that the name was similar, and I messed up. I was also too lazy to look it up on Bing. Shame on me. *facepalms self infinitely*

I made my point clear, though: games with bad reputations have few songs in Smash, if at all. Take a look at some of the unlockable songs in previous installments to see it in action.

Okay, I think we're starting to get just a little bit off topic here... 

1 person likes this

@geoprimedonnaYeah, you're talking about Other M. Believe it or not though, they made an entire stage from it, and several tunes from it! All of which suck, imo! So once again, reputation, my ass! XD

@FookesTrue. There's actually a ton of tunes I'd like to see from Star Fox Assault, especially the VS ones: 

This one especially, since 4 has Orbital Gate: 

Matter of fact, jesus! Just put 'em all in! XD

1 person likes this

Who can deny the versus arena music?

And of course the battle royal ost

2 people like this

@Snes1993Yep! Just for nostalgia sake, put those in!

HIGHER QUALITY VERSIONS! :p 

These actually took a few pages to find. :) 

How 'bout our infamous Mr. Ringtail's theme?

2 people like this

This is probably one of my favorite songs of all of SF. I'm not joking.

Other M doesn't have any music in Smash Bros because Other M doesn't have any music in Other M, HA.

Also, Mario 2? Are you fucking dense? 

ALSO THERE IS A STAGE BASED OF SUBCON IN MELEE

AND LIKE, A TON OF ICONIC MARIO ENEMIES ARE FROM SMB2. Bob Ombs. Shyguys. Sniffit. Fucking BIRDO. Duh?

Bug off with your scoogy goddamn Zero hate wagon because no one wants it here.

This shit is j a m m i n g.

2 people like this

I forgot this one, oh baby! Same tempo but metal music and guitar riffs all over the place.

1 person likes this

@Robert MonroeTo be honest, I really feel like a lot of Star Fox Zero's music is too trebly and echoey. Needs more basslines.

Despite this, I want 5 TUNES from it in the next Smash. 5!! Including the greatest loop of all time, the loading screen. o-o

I'm not even kidding. This is 16 seconds of pure tearjerking goodness. TT_TT

Well yes, the actual composition might not be perfect, but Smash music tends to be rearranged in its own way anyhow so I'm more focused on music for its core tune instead of the specifics of its composition, which is why I'm avoiding most Assault tracks: aside from the admittedly good multiplayer tracks, most of that game's music is just rearranged 64 tunes.

Anyway, another Zero track I'd like is Return to Corneria:

2 people like this

On 4/21/2017 at 7:56 AM, Robert Monroe said:

Well yes, the actual composition might not be perfect, but Smash music tends to be rearranged in its own way anyhow so I'm more focused on music for its core tune instead of the specifics of its composition, which is why I'm avoiding most Assault tracks: aside from the admittedly good multiplayer tracks, most of that game's music is just rearranged 64 tunes.

Anyway, another Zero track I'd like is Return to Corneria:

Hey! I already posted that song!! :mad:

In all seriousness, I'd LOVE to see Return to Corneria! As I said, it has definitely got to be one of my favorite SF songs. Heck, I still listen to it on my phone when I'm bored sometimes!! XD