The SF-O Dream Journal

Fookes

I recently made a status update about a rather strange dream I had, and that led to a few other members of the site sharing their dreams as well! I thought it was really fun and interesting to share the dreams you've had and hear about what dreams other members have had, so I decided to create this thread where we can do just that! 

In case you're wondering why I called this thread "The SF-O Dream Journal"... It's because some people write their dreams down in a "Dream journal" as soon as they wake up so they can remember the dream more easily. Doing so also allows them to look back at the dream, and it can even be used as inspiration for writing, drawing, or any other creative medium! You obviously don't have to get on your computer and type in your dream here as soon as you wake up though! XD 

I'll start off by sharing a dream I had once! I remember being in a beautiful gazebo with vibrant flowers everywhere, and there was a big white arctic wolf with the same flowers growing all over it's body! The arctic wolf was very friendly, and I even got to pet it! I had that dream when I was around 8-9 years old, and I still remember fondly it to this day. 

I'd love to hear what dreams you guys have had! Even if you only remember one little thing about the dream, feel free to share it! :) 

Well, I've had some lucid dreams that bear mentioning. The first was me waking in my childhood bedroom and my cat coming to greet me. I realized it was a dream in that moment and relished seeing my beloved kitty (who has been dead since 2009) picked her up and headed down the hallway to the kitchen. There my parents were making waffles and bacon. I looked at dad and said, "this is a dream", to which he replied, " yes, it is". I remember being so happy that I woke up with a rare glow for the rest of the day.

My second lucid dream is more of a nightmare but not if that makes any sense. I was sitting on my couch in the living room in the dark when this clown suddenly appears out of nowhere and tries to scare the crap out of me. It didn't seem to work, after which I Chuck Norris kicked the beast into the wall. I woke up laughing my butt off.

• Like 1

Neato topic! I have some pretty strange dreams myself--once in high school I had a dream that I was a cow (as in a literal bovine) getting married to a chinese man in an altar in the sky and then some sky pirates came and crashed our wedding. xD

Last night I had a dream that i found a cute baby pterodactyl and i wanted to raise it but i was worried cuz i had no clue about pterodactyl care. Like, at what stage can they eat solid food? Should i give him fish meat or rat meat? Should i cook or boil it at least a little? Would he sleep in a doggy bed?

• Like 2

Great timing. These last few weeks, my dreams have basically too good to be true, or too bad to be true.

I had one dream that the world was flooded by Switchie dogs. Even Reginald got trampled by the pups.

There was another creepy dream I had where there was a transparent void in front of me, which was put by the Mirage Dragon. Nobody could hear or see me, but I could see what was going on on the other side. It was mid-March when I had the dream, and it was very snowy. The dream takes place in a snowstorm. I soon see what seems to be Fox, but he was filled with bruises and deep wounds. The snow around him was stained with blood, and it seemed like he was there for at least 4 days. Krystal soon appears, and becomes desperate after seeing him in that state. Despite her sincere attempts, he doesn't survive.

There was one that I got sent back to elementary school, another that I was killed by a bullet (I was blindfolded in the dream, if that makes it even creepier), and other stuff of the sort. And then there are ones that I save the world with a paintbrush, that I received a Switch for reviewing purposes (and could keep it!), that I baked a cake for no reason at all.

It's been wierd.

• Like 1

There was a short time last year where I had repeated dreams about a huge and pretty amusement park, which I visited to different times of days. In the morning, in the evening, and so on.

But those dreams were actually infuriating.

Because I love roller coasters, I always wanted to go on one, which station was high on a mountain and resembled the Colorado Adventure in Phantasialand (Famous amusement park here in Germany). But to actually reach it is really a quest for itself.
I only managed once to get into line, just to wake up. :mad:
The other times I got lost and ended somewhere else or go to other attractions, which I either never reach or never get to experience a ride, because the dream always ends when its about to start.
All the anticipation that always gets destroyed in the most exciting moment. :(

Okay, I rode once, but the dream ended while I was on it.

I desperately need to visit an amusement park again!

• Like 1

I once have a dream that I was a frog and try to jump on the water lily in the swamp lake but failed and drowned instead.

yeah............... that one of the dreams that I can remember. 

I have a tendency to have a lot of weird dreams myself. I sometimes have dreams of being back in my childhood home, even though it was torn down several years ago. I have dreams about seeing my Uncle Ronald again which makes me very happy because he's gone and I miss him so much. I also tend to have dreams of going back to school which really annoys me because I hate going back to school. Out of so many of these dreams, there are a few that I remember very vividly. There are others that I just don't want to remember. But most of all, and I'll say this again, a lot of them are very weird. Like have you ever had dreams of playing games or watching a movie or tv show and then somehow began to actually interact with them as though you were in the game or movie or tv show? I have and they are very difficult to talk about. I sometimes have dreams that provide ideas for my stories. Those are fun.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Do you happen to have returning dreams? Maybe not even exactly the same, but merely with changing... variables?

There is one, where I'm actually asking myself if it has some specific meaning. It's not even a nightmare, maybe a bit creepy, but nothing horrible at all. That one's just over quickly and I'm already familiar with it.

It goes this way, basically:
-I'm at home (Either by my parents or an apartment, when I was at school back then) during nighttime.
-I'm either alone or the only one awake.
-I'm sitting in my room, doing the usual stuff on my PC and leave the room at one point, to get something in the house. It's mostly food, so I generally go to the kitchen or the garage (There's our freezer chest).
-I enter the dark corridor, without turning the lights on. From then two things can happen with some minor variation.
-Either: It gets so dark in the corridor until I can't see anything, feel suddenly a strange presence (feels like holding electric razors all over my body without touching me) and get attacked by something; or I arrive at my destination, spot a shadowy monster, somebody talks gibberish and I close my eyes. At that point the same like variant 1 with the presence.
-The dream ends abruptly and I wake up normally, but I can hear strange, distorted sounds, which fade away slowly.

Won't get rid of the feeling that these type of dreams have some meaning, which doesn't reveal itself to me. Indeed I'm mostly the only one who's awake at night and goes to get some food (I know I shouldn't do that), but I always turn the lights on of course.