Star Fox, Venom, and an obscure reference you never knew existed

Robert Monroe

Just made a big fat blog post on my Pigma tumblr examining a reference that flew under seemingly everyone's radar in Star Fox: Venom's ancient ruins and Andross's telekinetic powers.

http://selfish-swine.tumblr.com/post/161536305538/venoms-ancient-technology-examined

Have a good read!

• Like 5

Whoa! That's really cool!! :o Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Heh. Imamura-san must have been a pretty big fan of mecha anime back in the 80's.

• Like 1

I think at this rate it might be prudent to make a MASTER THREAD for every reference in Star Fox. Hmmm. I'll muse on starting that.

• Like 1

Well, Look like I'm learned something today!

I love how crazy this seems. I wish the ruins were included with the games but Telekinetic powers are like, so cliche.  

• Like 2

I love how crazy this seems. I wish the ruins were included with the games but Telekinetic powers are like, so cliche.  

But then, isn't the series practically built on cliches? XD  You look around enough, you'll find a ton.  Fichina is the cliche snow world.  Titania is the Cliche desert world.  Fortuna, the jungle planet.  Corneria, the paradise.  Aquas, the water world.  And so on.  And then you got the fleet of ships, epic space battles, a batshit cray cray scientist, even the members of Star Fox are cliched.

Anyways, I had read the post on Tumblr.  And I'll say it again, very perceptive Rob.  It's very compelling, and I very much agree with it.

• Like 1

Well they're in 64! They just lack the weird and wild design of the SNES/VOTOMS ones. Zero at least gives us SILVER CUBOID BASE even if its a weird magic hallway.