What are you currently playing?

DoctorAllosaurus

I just got back to playing Banjo-Tooie again. It brought back a lot of memories, but I can't believe how easy it is to play through it as compared to how it was when I was still a child. It's still one of my favorite games and it's still fun. It feels so good to play one of our old games again. ^_^

Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Sanctum and Torchlight 2, all on PC. ^^

Lots of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Forza Horizon 3, and some Heroes of the Storm. Planning on burning through the FEAR series once I've got a little time to spare. Been super busy with friends/work/furry bullshit.

I only recommend FEAR 1 and the expansions. 2 and 3 were as generic as generic can be and lost all charm that FEAR had. The gameplay and AI and all of 1 is still great, however.

Been playing a lot of Insurgency and Warframe as of late. I recently downloaded Saints Row IV and also just finished Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero.

I tried getting back into playing a bit of GTA Online recently.  I ended up managing the content of my garages for the better half of three hours and had a pretty decent time of it.

Mount and Blade Warband, Loved this game and it had a sequel coming in the near future, It called Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

• 1 month later...

The recently released Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will take up the majority of my free time for the foreseeable future.  It's a blast to play, and definitely reminds me of why the 3D platformer is my favorite genre.  Challenge, collectibles, and charm are in excess when it comes to this remaster, and the company behind it polished it to the point that you can tell it was made by fans of the originals.  

Diluvion.

And it already reminds me why genereally being underwater in games creeps me out...

Especially in this game, were beneath 200 meters, it's just pitch-black, littered with huge wrecks (which you can't enter somehow), your lamp is basically a puny flashlight and where strange things called drones (insect-like creatures with a skull for a face, lots of firepower and life points) can jump at you.

Organ Trail: Directors Cut. The exciting and educational zombie survival game!

FalcoAgain.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still mainly playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS online. Some Snake pass for single player. Getting psyched for Splatoon 2 now.

I'm currently on MK8Deluxe as well, playing here and there a bit of online, and I started playing Fast RMX. Rather pretty and fast so far, so it's all good :)

I'll have to test Splatoon 2 again before making up my mind. I'll probably get it in the end, I guess...

I recently played through Star Fox Assault after many many long years of wanting to play it again, and I gotta say I'm surprised I had more fun with it than I thought I would. All of the thoughts I have for the game pretty much still stand though, and maybe one day I'll bother to write them down here or somewhere, but all in all I actually had quite a bit of fun with it. And surprisingly I hadn't even unlocked Wolf in multiplayer, so I happened to do just that when I beat it recently. I mean I've only played through the game once and that was 10 years ago, so I'd be willing to give it another go on a higher difficulty. I had quite a lot of fun playing it multiplayer with friends back when it was new, and that was where it saw the most life in my eyes.

And then of course yesterday I played Star Fox 64 3D, I guess as a result of playing Assault I've sorta put myself in the mood for all things Star Fox again. Can't play Star Fox Assault again just yet because I'm out of town, so I'm sticking with the two portable Star Fox games that I have - and just maybe I'll finally bother to complete Star Fox Command sometime soon.

I went back to playing Paper Mario. I needed some help with motivating myself to writing one of my stories since I have an annoying and ongoing habit of procrastinating, even with my own work. That and I just love that game so much. I was addicted to that game around the time that it came out. It felt so good to receive my own copy of the game that many years ago. It's one of my favorite video games. ^_^

1_doom_3_bfg_edition.jpg

Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? Sorta. Is it nail biting sometimes? Hell yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ironcast on the Switch.

It's fun for sure - unless you fail a mission or die just because RNG says "F*** you" and wants you to lose. :(

• 2 months later...

Played the Star wars Battlefront 2 campaign on my ps2

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 2:02 PM, Snes1993 said:

Played the Star wars Battlefront 2 campaign on my ps2

Rise of the Empire mode was great fun.  I still have fond memories of the Naboo level for some reason.

---

I've mainly been playing CoD: WWII lately in small bursts.  It's fairly disappointing and historically inaccurate, but it's better than staring at a wall for entertainment, I suppose.  There haven't been many games that have captivated my interest lately.  I am tempted to try out Super Mario Odyssey, though that would necessitate the purchase of a Switch.   

7 hours ago, OneUnder said:

Rise of the Empire mode was great fun.  I still have fond memories of the Naboo level for some reason. 

Was it because of you get to "spread peace and order" on the Gungan homeworld? And by that I mean murder everyone, fugitive Jedi and their beloved Queen. The emperor brews his coffee with the tears of his conquered subjects.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

I played Contra III: The Alien Wars for the millionth time yesterday...and I still feel like playin' it, mayun.

Was that the SNES companion to Contra Hard Corps on Genesis?  I'm not too familiar with the Contra games beyond Super C.

Yeah, Contra III was an SNES title while Contra Hard Corps was on the Sega Genesis - both are their own respective titles though since Contra III relies more on running and gunning while Hard Corps had lots of boss battles with different player characters with their own weapon sets and multiple routes and endings. Both are often argued over which one is the best in the franchise - I'd say they're both definitely worth looking into since they both have incredibly unique strong points. I love Contra III for having a strong atmosphere akin to sci-fi/action movie scores while Hard Corps has a fast-paced atmosphere with hard rock and techno music.

• Like 1