Krystal's planet

The Green Fox

Why wasn't it explained how Krystal's planet got destroyed? Why don't we know more about

Krystal's background? Should she get her own game?

I guess in the meantime, we can rely on fandom answers like this:

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=6119.msg174576#msg174576

Self-advertisement; the best way of getting things done, until this happens :collapse:

Back on topic, I believe that Nintendo may reveal it, possibly in a spin-off, although I'd rather see a Starwolf spinoff rather than a Krystal one

Self-advertisement; the best way of getting things done, until this happens :collapse:

Back on topic, I believe that Nintendo may reveal it, possibly in a spin-off, although I'd rather see a Starwolf spinoff rather than a Krystal one

I couldn't resist! XD

Anyays, that is a good idea. A Krystal spin off would be highly informal, but nevertheless, It would be preferable if they did as a DSi/Wii ware title, because I doubt Krystal would have that much recolection of such a disaster.

It's been nearly 8 years O_o

they have been busy with metroid and mario so give them a little more time or they just want krystal to be the secuirt chararter like gman in half life.

Guest FoXXX

they have been busy with metroid and mario so give them a little more time or they just want krystal to be the secuirt chararter like gman in half life.

Why not hand it off to another company again :S

Why not hand it off to another company again :S

because q games and namco arent very good and micrsoft owns namco and rare. and dylan cuthbert didn't want to make another starfox game for another 10 years.

but like i said shes problay just a secruitve person.

I look at it this way.  Do you wanna see a new Krystal  game, or A NEW STARFOX GAME!? Spin-offs never seem to get anything right (usually), so I'd go with the latter

Guest FoXXX

because q games and namco arent very good and micrsoft owns namco and rare. and dylan cuthbert didn't want to make another starfox game for another 10 years.

but like i said shes problay just a secruitve person.

:x

:x

don't even give me that face young man hehehe xD

but like crazy said would you rather see her in her own game or in starfox personal i like to see her own game.

But Krystal planet well be reveld maybe.

Guest FoXXX

don't even give me that face young man hehehe xD

but like crazy said would you rather see her in her own game or in starfox personal i like to see her own game.

But Krystal planet well be reveld maybe.

Thanks for telling me I'm young :)

Anyways, I'd rather see a game not based around Krystal, but does explain some of Krystal's past

Why wasn't it explained how Krystal's planet got destroyed?

Because it was irrelevant to the game story. Remember: SFAd was pretty much SF slapped-into DP. Not enough time for them to think about things like coherent backstory and story consistency.

For instance:

The SFAd manual mentions Krystal being the lone survivor of Cerinia, and searches the galaxy for answers. In game, her story says that she is searching for information regarding the death of her parents.

It isn't a direct contradiction, but when someone is said to be looking for what happened to their parents, it usually does not mean "find what happened to my home planet." Thus, it could be argued that Cerinia isn't even canon due to the general rules of canon (Game Canon > Documentation Canon).

On a totally non-canon side note, the last sentence in the SFAd manual about Krystal mentions her answering the distress signal on Sauria may "draw her closer to the truth." Taken in context of the full story, this could imply that Andross had something to do with it.

This lends credence to the theory I put forth in my probably-never-will-be-complete fanfic trilogy about the Area 6 boss: Cerinia was the testing site for the main weapon of the Gorgon. SF64 guide says that sucker could destroy a planet...

I love theories like this. Non-canon, but they do not contradict anything.

Why don't we know more about Krystal's background?

Why don't we know more about the background of any other character in the series?

It isn't important to the game, that's why.

Should she get her own game?

No.

I look at it this way.  Do you wanna see a new Krystal  game, or A NEW STARFOX GAME!? Spin-offs never seem to get anything right (usually), so I'd go with the latter

I most certainly would. i've already said this on another thread but if it had intense melee combat like in one of my youtube videos it deffinetly be a hit! Fighting and acrobatics like in FF7 advent children.

besides ther are plenty of spinoffs that turned out pretty well; Dirge of cerburus, crisis core, shadow the hedgehog, all of them got surprisingly good ratings on ign.

Because it was irrelevant to the game story. Remember: SFAd was pretty much SF slapped-into DP. Not enough time for them to think about things like coherent backstory and story consistency.

For instance:

The SFAd manual mentions Krystal being the lone survivor of Cerinia, and searches the galaxy for answers. In game, her story says that she is searching for information regarding the death of her parents.

It isn't a direct contradiction, but when someone is said to be looking for what happened to their parents, it usually does not mean "find what happened to my home planet." Thus, it could be argued that Cerinia isn't even canon due to the general rules of canon (Game Canon > Documentation Canon).

On a totally non-canon side note, the last sentence in the SFAd manual about Krystal mentions her answering the distress signal on Sauria may "draw her closer to the truth." Taken in context of the full story, this could imply that Andross had something to do with it.

This lends credence to the theory I put forth in my probably-never-will-be-complete fanfic trilogy about the Area 6 boss: Cerinia was the testing site for the main weapon of the Gorgon. SF64 guide says that sucker could destroy a planet...

I love theories like this. Non-canon, but they do not contradict anything.

Why don't we know more about the background of any other character in the series?

It isn't important to the game, that's why.

No.

You could have summed it up in one sentence; "It's just a game...imagine how you picture her planet, cultures and life." But that works... ^^;

You could have summed it up in one sentence; "It's just a game...imagine how you picture her planet, cultures and life." But that works... ^^;

Well judging from her appearence in adventures it was obvious that it was primitive tribal style sort of thing. but it must have had some intresting magical artifacts, if Krystal's staff was that powerful imagine what else could have been used there.

Oh, Gods, you have it absolutely correct. Spin-offs are absolutely horrible games in all. I mean, I have yet to see one that is actually decent and worth playing, in my opinion. But I still do to be a dedicated fan to most series.

And as most have stated: she's a plot device, not a character and because people intentionally leave out things to leave to your imagination. I'm surprise the Krystal character, as a character, has gone so far -- I can see why she has amongst fans, but as an actual character... there's nothing really there to make her popular.

Guest FoXXX

Oh, Gods, you have it absolutely correct. Spin-offs are absolutely horrible games in all. I mean, I have yet to see one that is actually decent and worth playing, in my opinion. But I still do to be a dedicated fan to most series.

And as most have stated: she's a plot device, not a character and because people intentionally leave out things to leave to your imagination. I'm surprise the Krystal character, as a character, has gone so far -- I can see why she has amongst fans, but as an actual character... there's nothing really there to make her popular.

^This :)

Krystal is popular because she's sexy :cool: other than her being Fox's gf, no one would care about her.

^This :)

Krystal is popular because she's sexy :cool: other than her being Fox's gf, no one would care about her.

are you sure? i think samus is number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but wasn't there a theory that general scales had something to do with krystal's home planet!

are you sure? i think samus is number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but wasn't there a theory that general scales had something to do with krystal's home planet!

Very unlikely.....

Very unlikely.....

google ain't helping!

i'll DZcomposer it next time! jk

but serosuily i well try and find that link!