Horizontal scroll bar

Gene Inari

Hey DZ. At the resolution I'm running 1280x1024, the Portal Reference you got going on the far right is giving me a scroll bar.

It needs to be moved to the left a bit so the forum isn't stretched the bit that it is.

Anyone else with the horizontal bar?

From what I recall from the shotbox last night, DZ actually made note of that. He used absolute, rather than relative positioning for the Space Core, so it goes off-screen on low-res monitors.

Something tells me he'll fix it soon, since he's aware of the problem and the solution.

From what I recall from the shotbox last night, DZ actually made note of that. He used absolute, rather than relative positioning for the Space Core, so it goes off-screen on low-res monitors.

Something tells me he'll fix it soon, since he's aware of the problem and the solution.

Well DZ does use a monitor that's up there in resolution size.

It doesn't bother me much either, but it's still something that can be taken care of.

Space core drifted off this morning. Let me know if the scrollbars remain.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still getting the horizontal scroll bar. I think the banner is the problem.

I'm planning on re-doing the logo at some point. It was originally designed for another, fixed-width, page that we no longer use. The new one will use dynamic positioning, which should hopefully prevent scrollbars on low-res monitors.

For the record, I don't like fixed-width pages. I think they leave too much blank space on widescreen resolutions.