Redeemer

... ANYWAY. :3

I'm sitting here, waiting for this bleach to take to my hair. Yes, I'm redoing the rainbow. :3

My flatmate has just brought some friends round, totally shattering my sense of peace. >_> I can't wait to move out of here. I've been emailing landlords about pet friendly places but no one has anything ready for May, it seems... I'm so desperate to get out of here. The other day, I had laundry in the washing machine, and instead of asking me to take it out like a NORMAL person would, he took it out for me and left it on the floor in front of my door. And he's getting into the habit of putting the washing machine on at like, 2am, when I'm trying to sleep. That damn thing is on the otherside of the wall that my bed is against. I swear to god, I'm afraid I'll actually hurt him one day.

In other news... You may have seen my topic about going to Germany. I'm so excited about this, I can't stop thinking about it! X3 All I need to do is book my flight... but goddamn it I need my passport first. I'll wait another week... surely they'll have arranged my interview by then.

Guh. The smell of this bleach is making my head hurt. I've been working on a commission, but I think I'll have to quit if my head gets worse.

So the new semester has started, I'm looking forward to getting all my work out of the way. I have 3 essays to write, with a total of 7000 words together, and 3 exams. Fffff. ;_;

Song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD942lXS-Gs

Silly womenz and their hair products.

Ranbow has spoken. It would be wise of us to listen. She is a mod...

So my mother called today with some important news! On Wednesday, I have an appointment for my passport! Then after that it should take no more than 2 weeks to arrive! I'm so excited! :D

I feel so full of energy today. I've one more commission to work on then I'm free... You guys should totally commission me! :3 It's for the "Red goes to Germany" fund!

I'm in such a good mood, I was singing in the shower without giving a damn about my flatmate hearing me. XD The song I sang is at the bottom of this post, it's actually a lot of fun to screech out. For the record, my singing voice is the worst. :3

Oh oh oh! I forgot to tell you guys! Fox McCloud, the glorious gentleman he is, sent me a Christmas gift! IT'S A SUPER ROUND RAINBOW DASH PLUSHIE! So cute. :3

Yes, I know my bed is a mess. And yes, those are my pajamas. Don't hate. >_> X3

Thank you John! :333 <3

Oh god... green tea time... I actually don't like it all that much but it's so good for my skin, it's worth the 10/15 minutes of suffering every day. XD

• Like 1

What you need is one of these:

12adf495.jpg

(Sorry for the blur, my phone isn't THAT good XD)

I got one too It's actually from WWI With mustard gas stains included :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to do some studying for my exam on Tuesday. I have an 2-hour-long exam on biopsychology, and it focuses mostly in the mircobiology of the brain and nervous system. I have 8 lectures to revise, so I best get started! I think once I'm done, I'll try and recite it back to R3d. He wants to help, so perhaps, if I can make him understand it, I'll be ready for the actual exam. XD

In other news, my passport arrived at my parents' house on Saturday. I had just finished my shift in the restaurant, and I noticed one of my texts was from my mother, telling me of the good news. Just what I want to hear after working 8am-5:30pm! :D

So I've booked a bus to Glasgow in order to buy her lunch, and retrieve my passport from her. Actually, booking my bus tickets caused me a small amount of rage. Get this, I tried to book a return, leaving at 9:30am and returning at 7pm, and the cost was £13.50, yeah? Well, I added those journeys seperate, as single one-way tickets, and the total was £4. Wat. Just wat. So yeah, I'm glad I decided to test that!

Also, I need to buy a travel bag. I'm allowed 15kg, but I'll try limit it to 10kg so that I have room for gifts. Actually, now is a good time to make a list of what I'm taking, and I'll refer back to this as I pack. I'll need...

• Glasses
  • Clothes (not too many shirts and stuff, need to keep my luggage light!)
  • Hair straighteners
  • Hair brush
  • Toothbrush
  • Make up (in those travel bottles and in a clear plastic bag - no more than 100ml each!)
  • Medicine (I get frequent migranes and stuff XD)
  • Chocolate, bell and tea (gifts I promised for R3d's friends)
  • My shoulder bag and purse
  • My phone and charger
  • Plug exchanger-thingy?
  • Gum for the flight

That's everything... right? Am I allowed to bring all these things? Obviously I need to declare all liquids when checking in, so I've been told. I don't use make up much, but I use that term to describe moisturiser and stuff too. Olay, bitches, makes your skin awesome. XD

Song of the day:

Seems like you've gotten everything planned down to the letter. Good idea for a trip to another country!

And a two hour exam on biophysiology? Wow. I thought I had it bad trying to build a scale 3D model of an Orange Crush bottle and a GameCube for my Animation II class. XD

Good luck with your exam Redeemer!

• 3 weeks later...

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I'm procrastinating from studying. D: I've been writing an essay on how socio-economic inequality affects mental health, and it's interesting, sure, but now I have to critique the article I used for my essay and eh... I hate doing that. :/ It's not due until May, but I promised my lecturer that if she let me present my research presentation early in order for me to travel, I'll complete her essay early as well. Just to show that I'm eager, you know? Man, I'll be bringing her back a gift, that's for sure. She's such a wonderful lady.

But I will use this time productively! Productive procrastinating!

So with my hazelnut latte, I will plan more for Germany. I feel like I still have so much to do...

My friend Faisul is taking Reno and Nina. I offered him payment but he refused, so long as I bring him something back from Germany, so I'll be sure to find him the best present ever!

I'm going to repost my check-list, just so that I don't have to go digging into my topic when I'm packing stuff.

• Glasses
  • Clothes (not too many shirts and stuff, need to keep my luggage light!)
  • Hair straighteners
  • Hair brush
  • Toothbrush
  • Make up (in those travel bottles and in a clear plastic bag - no more than 100ml each!)
  • Medicine (I get frequent migranes and stuff XD)
  • Chocolate, bell and tea (gifts I promised for R3d's friends)
  • My shoulder bag and purse (money!)
  • My phone and charger
  • Plug exchanger-thingy?
  • Gum for the flight

Ooh, I ordered an awesome hoodie off of eBay. They were on sale from the Bench outlet, and there were 134 on offer. They sold out within an hour, but I was able to snatch one! Awwwww yeah!

I had a little breakdown in class yesterday, it was really embarrassing. My flatmate has been inviting people over, and all they do is get high in my living room. My flat is stinking of it, it's enough to make me gag. They also keep me awake at night with their super loud music and movies. This has been happening for 3 nights in a row, but Monday night was the worst.

They kept waking me up, and I'm one of those unlucky people that has a lot of trouble falling back asleep once I've been woken. But yeah, at about 4am, one of them went home, and he left the front door wide open. So the cats got out. I had to run after them in my PJs and bring them back.

So Tuesday, I was late for class. I was so tired, I was zombie-shuffling to uni. When I got there, my lecturer smiled and greeted me (she's always so nice), and I apologised and tried to explain why I was late, but I burst out crying half way through talking. :/

I fell asleep in that class, but she didn't say anything. At the end, she took me to one side and asked me to seek help from someone, be it the counselling service, my landlord, or citizen's advice. She wants me to do it soon so that I can report back to her, because she's very worried about me. She told me that I looked exhausted these days, and that I deserve more than this, so yeah... Looks like I won't be getting any proper sleep until I go to another goddamn country. Isn't that messed up?

Apart from this, things are good. I may go back to my essay soon, buuuut Dragon Age is calling me... Heehee.

Song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-54_IYSdU

The past two days have been absolutely insane. I'll start from the beginning.

Yesterday I was running late for class. I left my flat and could have been there in 15 minutes and everything would have been just fine. So, I'm walking down the hill, listening to Queens of the Stone Age, feeling pretty upbeat because the sun was shining and it was a warm day. I reach the middle of the hill, and pass a Halal store that sells fresh meat. They were getting a delivery in, and there was a man at the side door of the van. Just as I pass, he slings a skinned animal carcass over his shoulder and splatters me with blood and other fluid, whatever the hell it was. I stand there, in shock, and then I begin to gag because I don't really eat meat anymore besides fish, and the smell was making me physically sick. I run to the store nextdoor, and the shop keeper cleans me up. I was 45 minutes late for class, but my lecturer totally understood.

I called environmental health about what happenes and they said that they'll go and warn the butcher about delivery and the passing public. The guy I was speaking to was really nice, he was shocked about what happened but unfortunately, meat delivery is a grey area in the UK, so it's not like anything massively illegal happened.

When I got home, I shoved my coat into the washing machine, and the damn thing leaks and floods my kitchen floor! Dafuuuuuuq. So yeah, I had to mop all that up, then I finally went to bed. End of my stress? You would think so.

Today, green tea was spilled onto my laptop, and it shuts down. I freaked out, and I mean goddamn, I was freaking out. ALL my uni work was lost to me then. So I got dressed and headed out to a repair store. By the time I got there, my laptop was already working, and I began to cry out of relief, hahaha. So the repair man removed my keyboard and cleaned it for free, which was so, so nice of him.

Otherwise, life is good! I've completed my essay, completed one presentation, and I'm about to start another today. Then I'll colour a couple of the commissions I'm working on with R3d, and today will have been super productive! :D

With any luck your getting all of the crazy out of the way now before your trip!

That's exactly the way I see it. I think I'm also super sensitive to things because I'm under so much pressure from uni right now. I've been writing my other presentation today, I'm 4 slides down, I think I'll do 12. It's to be 10 minutes long, so I'll need to watch how much time I'm spending on each thing.

Don't go serial killer on us, Red.

It's not always big things that make people snap, but a lot of little things quickly.

Just take things one step at a time :) You'll get through it. And if the stress starts building up and you need to talk, just lemmie know.

Same.

I've been told I'm a good ear for a cathartic release.

All right, so my luck has gotten a little better. I'm getting a travel case from my friend tonight so I'll be packing all my stuff! I still have a few commissions to do so I may need to take my tablet to Germany. :/

I've finished all my uni work. Well, the stuff I had to do early, that is. I still have an exam and 2 essays but they're not due until after I've returned. My presentations went really well, I was told they were "an easy pass". So I just hope my essay is also decent and I'll know that I'm a clever cookie. X3

I was in Glasgow with my mother yesterday. I had an amazing time! It was great spending time with her! We had a wander around town, had lunch, and went to a travel agent to enquire about tickets to Canada on behalf of my sister. But while we were in there, we mentioned my trip to Germany and she told me about these Tag 'n' Traq things. Basically, they're like, these tags with chips in them that are tracked down the moment you suspect that you've lost your luggage. They were only introduced in the UK 2 years ago but since then, they've been hugely popular. According to their statistics, 98% of all lost luggage is found and returned to its owner within 24 hours! So I was like:

The tags were only £7, and they're valid for a whole year. So when I'm done with them, I can give them to my sister to use in Canada! :D

My mother and I also went to this huge toy store, and it sold MLP stuff! XD It had these little lucky bag things with a mystery pony, so I had my mother choose one. She chose Pinkie Pie. XD I also bought a tiny octopus plushie... it's bright orange and super cute. I don't know what got into me, I just went into that store and my inner child took over. I was walking around, nomming on a candy cane, staring wide-eyed at all the Hello Kitty stuff. Wtf.

I take Reno and Nina to my friends house tomorrow. He's going to look after them while I'm away. I'm going to miss them so much. :( I really hope they don't freak out... The thought of them thinking I'm not coming back really, really upsets me. :(

Anyway... I have to leave my flat in half an hour to get to town on time. My friends and I are all meeting at Dr. Noodles for lunch, as a kind of "have fun in Germany" get together thingy. So I'll leave you with this song:

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted. I've been a little quiet on SFO lately. Let me explain what's been going on in my life recently.

I returned from Germany, and it hit me pretty hard. I was absolutely fucking miserable for a long time, but after I pulled myself together, I began to pour my energy into working towards moving there after I graduate next year.

I had an exam on Wednesday. I was studying the entire week before, but when I looked at the actual exam paper, I saw things I had never seen before. So I really don't know if I passed or not. I was panicking so much, I forgot my own birthday. :/

I have 2 essays to write for May 14th. They're both pretty big, so I need to get started ASAP. I'm hoping to write at least the essay plans tonight. I've actually been super busy. I was working hard at my restaurant job, and I was able to snare a few extra hours this week. I've earned about £100 extra than usual, which is awesome. Because, you see... I was able to secure myself a new flat. Yes, I'm moving out a month early and I'm bound by contract to pay 12 months rent. So this month, I'm paying the rent for the flat with Alex, the deposit for the new flat, and the first month's rent for the new flat. That will be all my savings gone, so after that I need to save up hard in order to get to Germany again in August.

Oh yeah, as luck would have it, I'm totally going to GamesCom with R3d in August! :D The tickets are already bought, I just need to book my flight. I want to do that ASAP, maybe next month at the latest... it all depends if I've passed my exam or not, because the resits are in August, and if I've failed, I'll need to remain in the UK. But for the time being, I'm happy because GERMANY. :3

Song of the Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8i28bNoYY&ob=av2e

• Like 1

Shaniqua's hurrying, don't you worry about that. XD

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was productive! I went for coffee with my friend, we ended up having lunch together too. I told her all about Germany and we had a good catch up, it was really nice. :)

Then we wandered into town and saw that the German market is there! Supposedly for 2 weeks as well, so I'm super excited! We're going again next week, so that we can sit in the beer garden and have lunch. We had just eaten, so food was out of the question. XD

While I was in town, I went to the Sky booth in the mall, next to the cafe where I work. I was able to get a good deal on broadband. I get a bandwidth of 11mb-18mb, unlimited usage and an upload speed of about 1331 kbps, if their site states the truth. I know that upload speed isn't the greatest, but Sky offers the best in the UK. Anyway, I get that package for £12.25 for 6 months, then it goes up to £27.25 for the rest of the year. The half price thing was a promotional offer, and that is useful to me because summer is going to be very, very tough this year.

Anyway, after a quick trip to the pharmacy (the back of my heel split open for some reason and I needed a plaster XD), I headed back to my flat and studied for my essay. I was able to write 650 words of my 1500 word essay, and I'm planning on writing more today as well. I'm annoyed at myself because I didn't write a very good essay plan, so I get lost a lot and I'm rambling on without any kind of fluency. :/

On a lighter note, I can't wait to move flat! I'm going to sell some of my clothes on eBay, try and make some extra cash. I recently bought my next flight to Germany in August as well, so at least that money is out of the way! :D