Redeemer

I deleted my old journal and decided to start a new one. I did this because my entire life has changed drastically recently, and I want to move on. I just want to erase the past and step forward into my new life.

Along with my journal posts, I'll also link you to my "song of the day", which will always be a track that I recommend. I'm quite picky regarding my music, so I hope you like what I post. I'm also going to post little "life tips" at the bottom of each post, to share with you what I'm doing to make my life better. It'll mostly involve health, but sometimes it may include advice or inspirational quotes. We'll see.

So. I was dragged up to my friend's house for dinner yesterday. She made spaghetti bolongese, but it was a strange one, with paprika and peppers through it. I really enjoyed it, but I got half of it on my shirt because we had already consumed half a bottle of this fancy French red wine before eating. It was really strong stuff, I only needed two glasses and I was gone.

This friend and I are also going to Toys R Us this week. This will be my first trip to a Toys R Us. I know, that's insane. I'm 22 and I've never been in one, haha. I'm eager to buy a new plush or figurine to celebrate my first visit. I'll post a picture of whatever I buy next time I update my journal.

The reason my friend is doing all this for me is because of recent happenings in my life. Someone who I've known for 2 years and been very close to has finally pushed me to cut off contact, which is really hurting for me too. But all we do is fight, and he judges the way I live and my lifestyle, my choices (which aren't always the smartest), and even the times that I call. I've done my best to keep this person happy, but I feel like I've failed, and since it hurts me so much when we fight, I've decided to tell him that we're no longer compatible personality-wise. He didn't take it very well, and hasn't been in touch since. I don't expect him to, since I apparently broke his heart. I'm just trying to do what's best for both of us.

My student funding body are also being wankers. I've never had a pain-free experience with them, but I can understand why. See, I switched about two thirds way through my nursing degree to do counselling, so my funding changed. We also have a limit to our total funding, so I had to start paying some of my previous funding back in order to get funding for my new course. They settled with monthly payments of £20, which I can afford.

Recently, things have been tough for me, and I've not had any money in my account for them, so as expected, they sent a letter to my mother. She called me on Saturday, telling me this, and I expected it. What I didn't expect was the £2000 bill.

The letter apparently didn't specify where the number came from, just that I had to pay it off or I won't get funded for this year. Which starts in two weeks. So yeah, my dad is going to give them a call. I asked him to do it because whenever I phone them, all they do is push me to pay rather than work something out and talk to me like an adult. I can beg them for advice or some kind of reasonable monthly payment, and all I get back is "Do you want to make a payment now?".

So yeah, waiting on feedback from that. But in the meantime, it's time to get my life together and focus on what's important. When/if I get student funding, I can start going to the gym again. I feel so lazy from the summer. I had to postpone my membership because I couldn't afford the monthly payments. So it's scheduled to start up again as soon as October arrives. I'm looking forward to getting out there and feeling good after a work out. Dat sauna.

Kitty update! Reno is getting pretty tubby. He's really, really heavy too. When he comes over for hugs, he'll climb up onto my chest and fall asleep with his head just under my chin, and the weight! It's impressive actually, because he still runs around at the speed of light. I wouldn't say Reno's needing a diet just yet, but I'll be watching his kibble intake anyway.

Nina is putting on weight too, which is a good thing. She's always been skinny, and it worried me so. But recently she's gotten a round little belly, and her fur feels softer too. I don't know what I'm doing right, but I better keep doing it!

I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age 2 recently. It's actually very enjoyable. I've heard people complain about the recycled dungeons, and while I see their point, I don't think it's that bad. I play for the story and characters mostly anyway. And it has some very heart-warming references to Origins, which makes me smile.

I need to draw sometime. I haven't made anything in a while. Feels bad man. I'll be doing something today, for sure! I've been saying that since Saturday, but today will be the day! I will draw something instead of losing myself to Dragon Age 2!

Song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WpNTSR44Lg

Tip of the day:

I've recently discovered that green tea is excellent for brightening up and clearing up skin. If you have acne or dry skin, try having a cup of green tea morning and night. You should notice the difference in less than a week. Green tea is also a great detox, flushing out toxins and aiding digestion. So if you're also wanting to diet, have a green tea with every meal. Try not to have too much though. You should have less than 6 cups a day, otherwise you'll be overdosing in nurtients, and that can result in complications later in life.

• Like 1

Well I hope things get better quickly Red. We all have bumps in the road that is live, but put your vehicle into All wheel drive and you will make it through. You just need to persevere and you have a whole community of people who are here to help you :D

Well, Toys R Us is awesome! I loved it! It's such a massive place filled with so many awesome things. I got this super cute plush - a yellow duck, but it's perfectly round. So sweet. And... I may or may not have found ponies. I may or may not have bought Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Anyway, afterwards we went to Burger King. T'was good.

And I've just completed Dragon Age 2! Now I'm going to purchase the DLC. Yes, it was that good. Not as good as Origins, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

And... I may or may not have found ponies. I may or may not have bought Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

I so jelly. I've been looking, but I still haven't found a Rainbow Dash. She's all I need to complete my collection of the mane six.

• Like 1

I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age 2 recently. It's actually very enjoyable. I've heard people complain about the recycled dungeons, and while I see their point, I don't think it's that bad. I play for the story and characters mostly anyway. And it has some very heart-warming references to Origins, which makes me smile.

I need to draw sometime. I haven't made anything in a while. Feels bad man. I'll be doing something today, for sure! I've been saying that since Saturday, but today will be the day! I will draw something instead of losing myself to Dragon Age 2!

Dragon Age 2 is my sister's favourite game! My favourite character has to be Sandal (Enchantment!) and it was exciting to see him back from Origins! Yeah she's completed the game and the DLC and is now just going around doing some side quests. Shame there's no real functionality to multiplayer.

Oh all the ponies were there, I was just limited on cash so only picked two.

And yeah, I'm going to play the DLC when I can. I have a drawing to work on though, so I should really finish it.

Too much for me too properly respond to everything, so I'll try to sum it up.

Hopefully this drastic change is a good thing, and if it isn't, well, I am sorry that it happens to be that way. And even when you are down, you still seem to find ways to have fun or do things that bring the creases on the ends of your smile to curl. =]

Also, yeah you haven't drawn much lately; GET BACK TO WORK. =/ lol

Well I have a talking, light-up Celestia.

SUCK IIIIT!

Is it pink and say non-Celestia-like things? :trollface:

She called me beautiful too, in the store. She's cheating on us! What a whore.

o3o ... Is that a Squishable brand duckie? It seems a little small, but if Toys R Us has them... I might never leave the store when I go to apply for a job there.

Duck picture with you hiding

Behind it is really cute,

Haha! Aww, thanks ajc. :3 :friends:

Sara, it's just the Toys R Us own brand, the tag doesn't say anything about squishables. It was the last one there, I feel lucky. :3

Glad to see you had a good time. I kinda know what its like to lose someone close to you, the situation may not be the same but emotions are so very blind. Things may be hard but they can only get better:) and at times like these theres nothing better than being with friends. Heare if ya need me:)

Thanks dude, much appreciated. :-)

And Reno is absolutely terrified of the duck. He puffs up all spiky when he sees it, then runs away.

Song of the day:

Tip of the day:

If you're feeling like shit and need a lift, turn into a big girl and pamper yourself. Doesn't matter if you're a guy, there's no reason not to feel good. Go out to the store and buy some chocolate and some chips, have a hot bath and listen to music while you soak. Turn off your phone and set Skype to "busy" - for the love of god, just take a moment for yourself.

Thanks dude, much appreciated. :-)

And Reno is absolutely terrified of the duck. He puffs up all spiky when he sees it, then runs away.

Song of the day:

Tip of the day:

If you're feeling like shit and need a lift, turn into a big girl and pamper yourself. Doesn't matter if you're a guy, there's no reason not to feel good. Go out to the store and buy some chocolate and some chips, have a hot bath and listen to music while you soak. Turn off your phone and set Skype to "busy" - for the love of god, just take a moment for yourself.

LOL! That reminds me of my old cat, may she rest in peace.

BUT SO MUCH TO DO!!!! I can't do that! BACK TO WORK!!!!

But I did spoil myself recently, I bought an Xbox 360 (yes Nintendo I've turned to the darkside) and Final Fantasy XIII so I'm taking breaks from work and playing that every once in a while.