Manthony Higgs plays Command for the first time!

manthony_Higgs

Hey folks! You may or may not have heard that I recently purchased StarFox Command! Given that it has such mixed opinions on it, I figured I'd make a sort of journal blog thing about my experience with this allegedly great/good/awful/worse-than-E.T. game!

Immediate Impressions: The box looks nice enough, and feels weighty in my hand. Either sign of a big, beefy instruction booklet (Always a plus for me) or a ton of Nintendo ads (not a plus).

*Opens the box*

So it was a little of both! This is okay, there was a bunch of ads for old 2006 DS games, but the booklet is nicely sized too. It's very well put together, the screenshots are nice and big, text is easy to read. I'm sort of skimming through it, but how hard can a Turn Based Strategy be?

Gameplay impressions will be coming soon!

GAMEPLAY IMPRESSIONS

...It's pretty good! I was a little apprehensive about all stylus controls, but they work great. Graphics are pretty awesome, especially for a DS game. Music is fun. My only real complaints are the fact that you have a limited amount of turns and the fog of war grows, but I suppose that's all to make you think strategically.

ABORT NOW< BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. YOUR TO YOUNG!

GO BUY ATIDEPPRESENTS AND CONTACT ALL THE SUICIDE HOT LINES!

I seriously Lol'd a bit there AJC. Between your extreme reaction to the game and Manthony's rather mild and appreciative approach to it I think I am more inclined now to get a hold of a copy too :P

Also, I don't get why no one like the story, it's pretty hilarious! Lucy is deliciously blunt, she tells things as they are and I love it. The fact that everyone is surprised that slippy is getting married got a good laugh out of me too.

Also, I don't get why no one like the story, it's pretty hilarious! Lucy is deliciously blunt, she tells things as they are and I love it. The fact that everyone is surprised that slippy is getting married got a good laugh out of me too.

Eeeh.... I think this is a decent summary of why people were turned off by the story

Spoiler...just in case

*BOOM* Lucy: "Where the heck did you come from?"

*BOOM* Amanda: "eeeuuughh....Really? Does everyone need some girl tagalong?"

Kyrstal: "Fox! I'm preggers! And I demand that you give up the only life you have ever known!"

Fox: "deeeuuuh....okay..."

(That blue satan looking thing, Marcus, is born and Cthulhu shits bricks)

Krystal: "Fox! I hate you, bye"

Fox: "Deeeuuuuh....waaaaah....lets go fly in F-Zero races Falco!"

(Star Fox dies and ends a future of games)

Krystal: "Fox! I thought I liked you but then I didn't really. Bye"

Fox: "Deeuuuuh.....boohoo...I hate Star Wolf even more now"

(Makes the already unneeded drama even worse)

Katt: "Falco! Let's team up and make a terribly generic named Star Falco because obviously we are nothing like Star Fox!"

Falco: "Deeuuuuh....okay..."

(Wait...wut?)

I forget the other endings I could poke fun at at the moment...

Yeah, not gonna read that spoiler. If there's crappiness to be had, I'll report it when i find it. Keep your eyes on this thread, folks!

How's it going so far? You can make it through the cheese! This is why sometimes I'm happy I completed Command before signing up for SF-O. I came in all bubbly because I completed the game, then my opinion slowly soured. I have another copy of the game, but I don't know if I'll be touching it any time soon.

Just got my first ending! The whole gang reunited and beat emperor fishy-man. But Krystal, apparently not happy with being in Star Fox again (Which was her goal from the get-go) left and rejoined Star Wolf. Again.

The story isn't so bad, it's mostly just Krystal so far. "OH NO MY BOYFRIEND IS WORRIED THAT I MIGHT DIE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" They somehow made her even shallower than Adventure/Assault's "I WANT TO RIDE FOX'S COCK"

Default ending, it'll change next time you beat it.

I figured as much. I like how the perspective switches to Falco, and he magically has the Great Fox and ROB with him.

Brainwashed slippy is kind of scary. He still has that dumb smile on his face while trying to kill you. It was funny seeing an F-Zero character though.

Brainwashed slippy is kind of scary. He still has that dumb smile on his face while trying to kill you. It was funny seeing an F-Zero character though.

The F-Zero ending? And you liked that? Meh, I wasn't too happy with that one. But yes, Brainwashed Slippy. I love doing that level just to get a kick out of having the ability to kill Slippy and have no later regrets (If you kill Slippy in Star Fox 64, that's bye-bye medal for two levels).