Huge Undergoing: StarFox Fan Game!

aFoxNamedMorris

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if you're all sick of cancelled fan games, but I'm here to say I am currently working on one.

The story goes into the more overlooked plots in the StarFox universe, for example: the destruction of Krystal's homeworld, the reason behind the enmity between StarFox and StarWolf, how Krystal and James II feel about eachother and their careers, things of that nature. I decided that I was sick of lame acting, toned-down violence, and understated stories. I'm aiming to create a darker, more emotionally moving StarFox experience. It's going to be a classic starfighter game, but with a balanced amount of ground-based missions in over-the-shoulder 3rd person shooter format. I took inspiration from all the aspects I liked about all of the official games, and the gameplay of games like Uncharted and Prey. I want to see a more destructible environment, less perfection, more grunge, a better and darker soundtrack and a lot more overall umph!

The game so far:

Game engine - 25% (Movement, physics, motion blur, lighting. More to come.)

Textures - 0%

Models - 1% (An assault rifle type blaster)

Maps - 0%

Sounds - 1% (various blaster sounds)

Voice Acting - 0%

Music - 0%

==============================================================

If you wanna help, please don't hesitate to do so! I need all the help I can get. I need voice actors, one or more musicians, modellers, and level designers. I could handle all of these tasks by myself, but it'd take forever to complete. :hehe:

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

EDIT2:>> Let there be screenshots!

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-25%2020%3A08

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-25%2020%3A08

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-25%2020%3A09

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-25%2020%3A09

Burster:

http://geta3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=18

(Needed to play the game in-browser.)

The game so far:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10361854/SF_packed.html

(Will be updated from time to time.)

• Like 1

I was actually working on one myself, and got some basic framework done, but I plan to do some yt commentaries for a little while. Then I'll probably get back to developing it. (Newbie programmer here.)

But post some of your work on this thread, you'll get more attention if you showcase your stuff initially.

And I think this would go more in 'general starfox' but, I think this works in some respect as well. I'm not fussed.

This heavily reminds me of the (unfortunately deceased) Paths Of Fate mod and Shadows of Lylat mod ideas. However, there is LLS undergoing with no apparent problems so far, so...

Ah hell. Doesn't matter. If you're really doing something of this magnitude it's surely worth attention and the trial. However, everybody will want to see something of the current WIP, so it would be best not to offer the 'proof' to be sent personally, but rather posting it publicly instead. "We need PICTURES, Parker! Pictures of Development!"

That aside, you should know better; it's actually Fox and not 'James II'. :-P But then again, I may be wrong about your setting and all.

Anyway, if this gets going, first up you'll need to develop up into details of the plot. Setting (Pre-Assault, Post-Adventures, Pre-Command, Anti-

Command, Post-64, Non-Linear, etc) and main objectives on the story are your primary objectives if you haven't developed these yet.

You'll also want to expand what you meant with 'dark feel'. That could mean many things since the 'dark' feel that is permanently present in the Half-Life Universe (Portal, Portal 2, Half-Life, HL2 and episodes, BM:S) to the common 'dark horror' feel in suspense and horror games. (Slender, Amnesia, things of the kind) Then again, my vision may be limited and you may be meaning something else. Who knows?

However, I recommend not trying a rapid-paced and tight deadlines for now. LLS (Lylat's Last Stand) has quite a *considerably* few people in the dev. team, so it's in a slow development compared to big things like Black Mesa (Source) or 'total conversion' mods for famous games.

Personally I don't have any modelling, music, writing, art, texturing, coding and what-have-you skills, and I don't think that I was born to be heard, so I can't do much on my end. However, I know that there may be members eager to help you out there. Either case, I wish you good luck in your development.

(And I believe this belongs to General StarFox instead. The mods may already be alerted of your presence anyway. Derp.)

Crap-- Ninja'd by Mr. Cat.

I forgot to mention a few things.

As for a darker atmosphere. Just don't go overboard, I honestly don't want gears of war violence in my star fox game, just sayin. I mean, shooting a furry with a blaster, seeing blood splatter on an opposing wall, it just seems odd. Some blood, not too much, don't go overkill with the violence, and for the love of god, absolutely no furry rape scenes. xD

But I forgot to offer my assistance, I'm not that good at any special things, but I can help with some voice acting if I qualify.

I forgot to mention a few things.

As for a darker atmosphere. Just don't go overboard, I honestly don't want gears of war violence in my star fox game, just sayin. I mean, shooting a furry with a blaster, seeing blood splatter on an opposing wall, it just seems odd. Some blood, not too much, don't go overkill with the violence, and for the love of god, absolutely no furry rape scenes. xD

But I forgot to offer my assistance, I'm not that good at any special things, but I can help with some voice acting if I qualify.

I agree. I actually only wanted the mechanics of GoW, not necessarily the violence level.

As for sex scenes... heck no. I don't think that's necessary at all. I mean yes I'm a furry, and yes I think they're a cute couple. But I want a 'T' type atmosphere. Sex is not something I wanna see in a SF game. Fanfics are okay, but this is for a broader audience. The absolute farthest I'll go is a kissing scene. As for voice acting, message me, and I'll send you a test script.

• Like 1

Looks great morris :D

You do your own concept art?

I'd offer but I'm already on the Lylat's Last Stand mod (which needs writers I believe, if you're interested you should go poke Psy Commando:  ).

Looks great morris :D

You do your own concept art?

Glad you like it. n.n

Yes, I do make my own concept art, actually. Contributions are welcome though. Could really use some downtime clothes for the crew.

• Like 1

This heavily reminds me of the (unfortunately deceased) Paths Of Fate mod and Shadows of Lylat mod ideas. However, there is LLS undergoing with no apparent problems so far, so...

Ah hell. Doesn't matter. If you're really doing something of this magnitude it's surely worth attention and the trial. However, everybody will want to see something of the current WIP, so it would be best not to offer the 'proof' to be sent personally, but rather posting it publicly instead. "We need PICTURES, Parker! Pictures of Development!"

That aside, you should know better; it's actually Fox and not 'James II'. :-P But then again, I may be wrong about your setting and all.

Anyway, if this gets going, first up you'll need to develop up into details of the plot. Setting (Pre-Assault, Post-Adventures, Pre-Command, Anti-

Command, Post-64, Non-Linear, etc) and main objectives on the story are your primary objectives if you haven't developed these yet.

You'll also want to expand what you meant with 'dark feel'. That could mean many things since the 'dark' feel that is permanently present in the Half-Life Universe (Portal, Portal 2, Half-Life, HL2 and episodes, BM:S) to the common 'dark horror' feel in suspense and horror games. (Slender, Amnesia, things of the kind) Then again, my vision may be limited and you may be meaning something else. Who knows?

However, I recommend not trying a rapid-paced and tight deadlines for now. LLS (Lylat's Last Stand) has quite a *considerably* few people in the dev. team, so it's in a slow development compared to big things like Black Mesa (Source) or 'total conversion' mods for famous games.

Personally I don't have any modelling, music, writing, art, texturing, coding and what-have-you skills, and I don't think that I was born to be heard, so I can't do much on my end. However, I know that there may be members eager to help you out there. Either case, I wish you good luck in your development.

(And I believe this belongs to General StarFox instead. The mods may already be alerted of your presence anyway. Derp.)

Crap-- Ninja'd by Mr. Cat.

I was always told, and shown references to, James Foxworth McCloud I being the father, and James Foxworth McCloud II being "Fox". Wonder what's going on here... :S

EDIT:>> Sorry for double-posting. >.<

EDIT2:>> Check the end of the 1st post! ;)

EDIT3:>> Having some difficulty with the explosion FX... I'll keep on tweaking. Also, I came up with an Idea for the title screen. If you have an idea for a name for this game, feel free to shout it out. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Glad you like it. n.n

Yes, I do make my own concept art, actually. Contributions are welcome though. Could really use some downtime clothes for the crew.

Thats great! I'll work up some samples and feel free to ask around the fan art thread for ideas. :)

Thats great! I'll work up some samples and feel free to ask around the fan art thread for ideas. :-)

Thanks a ton! n.n Seems I may have a team member. I've looked through your fanart. Simple, to the point, and perfect for game concept art.

I put this in the fanart section:

1356905153.mr~morris_cerenia.png

I'm in charge of the music in the LLS mod... I propably won't be able to help with the music, because that's a lot of work, but you can send me the lines for the Voice Acting, I would be glad to help with that. If you have already a group of people working on the mod, maybe it would be wise to help us with LLS. Every bit of help is appreciated, since we want to break that curse that lies on the StarFox mods :) 

I'm in charge of the music in the LLS mod... I propably won't be able to help with the music, because that's a lot of work, but you can send me the lines for the Voice Acting, I would be glad to help with that. If you have already a group of people working on the mod, maybe it would be wise to help us with LLS. Every bit of help is appreciated, since we want to break that curse that lies on the StarFox mods :-)

I'll get on that script ASAP. As for a team... I don't really have one yet. I'm actually creating this game in Blender Game Engine, so I can hardly call it a mod. I really need some character 't-pose' art... then I can finally make my character models. It's been slow going, and I have been very busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just submitted more art to my thread. Heres the link.

I just submitted more art to my thread. Heres the link.

Thank you very much. n.n The gun in particular is very useful to me, as it makes for a beefier companion to my current assault rifle. The esthetic of my gun is oddly similar to the one you made, in that my concept also had ventilation holes and iron sights. However, I hadn't considered using wood in the design... This is interesting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've hit a huge, however temporary, snag. My HDD is going bad, and the internal clock is fried... So I have to run from a flash-drive. This has put a huge kink in development, but I am hopeful that this issue can be resolved in the next month or so. This project will not die!!!1!11!!!oneone!

• Like 1

Well, I've hit a huge, however temporary, snag. My HDD is going bad, and the internal clock is fried... So I have to run from a flash-drive. This has put a huge kink in development, but I am hopeful that this issue can be resolved in the next month or so. This project will not die!!!1!11!!!oneone!

Good to hear. If you need something pm me.