All Spooked Out

Redeemer

I'm definitely not into the scary movie scene. I did catch a few, but i just couldn't enjoy the scares they give. But there is one movie coming out in theaters that I am aware of that may be of interest. It's called 'The Entity'. It appears to fit in the paranormal genre, with a creature that, other than the claws on its hands, looks almost exactly like the famous creepy pasta monster, Slenderman.

My English teacher just showed one of her favorite movies in class. It's really cool and spooky. "Fears of the Dark." The movie is animated and only black and white. It's also in french. You have been warned.

My English teacher just showed one of her favorite movies in class. It's really cool and spooky. "Fears of the Dark." The movie is animated and only black and white. It's also in french. You have been warned.

French, that makes it scary.

French-Culture.jpg

French, that makes it scary.

Evil-FrenchFace.jpg

Beware the cheese and... retreats.

• Like 1

retreats.

French Foreign Legion says "What?"

Hey Red, why don't you play some Slender. Sounds stupid I know :P

1368769760792.gif

I really don't know any good horror flicks to think of that you haven't already seen.

Hmm, need to check more of this stuff out.

And actually I was considering doing a let's play of Slender, if I can ever figure out how to make a let's play. :(

If you like The Thing, then I'd recommend Alien and Aliens (Not Alien 3 or Resurrection those are awful)

Those are two of my most favorite movies, and the first one is genuinely creepy. Both are great films.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen it and have some time to spare watch Supernatural. It's cable-friendly so doesn't go too over-the-top with the gore and horror but it deals with ghosts and demons and creepy stuff and mixes it up with a lot of cute humor and well-written characters and I am unabashedly in love with this show and ashamed that it took me so long to get back into it

also it's making me ship shit and i hate shipping so what the hell

• Like 1

(Not Alien 3 or Resurrection those are awful)

Deadpools_Hankerin_for_a_Spankerin.jpg

I actually enjoyed Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. I wouldn't say the movies themselves were the strong points of the series, but both of them brought a good amount of stuff to the Aliens universe. Alien 3 brought the idea that the kainde amedha take on features of the host, what with the Runner being born from a dog and not a human, leading to a smaller, quadrupedal, more streamlined design, and this idea opened up so many possibilities for different forms of kainde amedha that brought so much life (and death) to that universe it's astounding.

And the Newborn in Resurrection was just outright creepy and disturbing on both an aesthetic level (especially the original design that had genitalia reminiscent of both male and female), but it was also creepy and disturbing on a psychological level. It feigned innocence and tossed up the most disturbing "puppy dog eyes" that have ever been to lull things into a false sense of security, then it would instantly turn into a malicious and spiteful creature and kill someone over nothing more than pleasure or jealousy, just because it wanted to keep the one it thought of as "Mommy" all to itself. Even the Queen that gave birth to it was not safe,  it just gave those big puppy dog eyes, and she gave it a look of such love that I wouldn't have though a kainde amedha was capable of giving, but it was just a ruse. It killed her for no reason other than it didn't think of her as "Mommy." The Newborn was an impressive creature. It was monstrous, cruel, a hellborne demon, but at the same time it was just what the name implied, a child. And even while Ripley was killing it, I don't think it ever stopped loving her, it just didn't understand because it was a child, and as Jet said in Cowboy Bebop, "And really, there is nothing more innocent or cruel than a child."

Also the normal kainde amedha design for Resurrection was fantastic, and has been pretty much the only one used since the movie came out. The tail, especially, with the large spines adding to the swimming ability and the large barb as opposed to the small one in earlier designs, plus they didn't need actors in suits for them anymore so they were able to give them the proper small frame that they're supposed to have, giving them that slender, agile shape while adding to that mixed gender characteristics that were the backbone of their design.

I've watched all the Alien movies and the only one I severely dislike is Resurrection. Also regarding Supernatural, I used to watch it a while ago but I've since lost touch - I have a lot of catching up to do! Also Cas. <3

Also regarding Supernatural, I used to watch it a while ago but I've since lost touch - I have a lot of catching up to do! Also Cas. <3

I LOVE HIM

I like how the angels are portrayed as morally ambiguous and mythologically-accurate, and how Cas can go from "terrifying celestial g-man" to "endearingly awkward friend" in a heartbeat and just his entire relationship with Dean and character arcs in generally are just

*flailing*

MY HEART

*cough* also it is very scary yes ghosts

• Like 1

I LOVE HIM

I like how the angels are portrayed as morally ambiguous and mythologically-accurate, and how Cas can go from "terrifying celestial g-man" to "endearingly awkward friend" in a heartbeat and just his entire relationship with Dean and character arcs in generally are just

*flailing*

MY HEART

*cough* also it is very scary yes ghosts

He had me at "Hey Assbutt".

crying_meme2.jpg

• Like 1

He's just so precious

I should just make a Supernatural thread once I've caught up again so I can vomit my emotions everywhere. I didn't mean to like this show as much as I do, but here I am crying about angels and demons...

• 4 weeks later...