World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

December 12th of the year 2025.

It's been over a month since we've barricaded ourselves within this store and our supplies is starting to get low. Food is beginning to get scarce but our water supply is still fine. So far we haven't had any problems with The Infected, but I am not yet getting my hopes up. Right now, I'm planning on what our next move is, because we can't stay in one place forever. I need to find a way to get rid of this virus, but right now, I don't know how.......

Star sighed as she put down her pen and closed her journal. She yawned, getting up and looking around the small sized store. Shelves were still standing, but the items originally on them were scattered, thrown on the floor. Food wrappers were tossed about from the group of people barricaded inside eating the rations and water bottles were either crushed or in tact. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and hairbrushes were strewn about from being used for proper hygiene.

She walked around the store and saw her husband, Leon, a young, 23 year old Lion with glasses, peeping out of a gap in the barricade at the Zombies hobbling about, groaning and looking for food. A couple feet away from him, Kora, her 4 year old child, was playing with her USMC teddy that Leon got her. Star smiled seeing her little one was enjoying herself and was staying positive. She didn't want to frighten her, but it can't be prevented if it happens. Feeling a little queasy, Star sat down and leaned her head back against a wall, feeling the kick of the child inside her, as she had been pregnant for 4 months. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

Scott was sitting in a corner where just enough light came through so that he could read. He couldn't sleep and was up all night reading his Fichina Medical pamphlet he received when he worked at the hospital. Quietly reading out loud to himself trying to get even a small sense that it was still a normal life he was living.

दो महीने की अवधि से अधिक विषयों पर कई परीकà¥à¤·à¤£à¥‹à¤‚ के बाद, परनोपà¥à¤²à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤Ÿà¤¿à¤• रोगसूचक हडà¥à¤¡à¥€ के कैंसर...

Putting on his glasses, he looked up trying to see a small battery clock on the wall. What did it matter? He wasn't in a hurry, no obligations to attend to. Yet he just couldn't concentrate. Something was stressing him out. He sighed a mellow sigh, took a swallow of cheap store wine, and continued back to reading. 

à¤•à¥‡ साथ उन लोगों के खड़े रकà¥à¤¤ कोशिकाओं के निरà¥à¤®à¤¾à¤£ को नà¥à¤•à¤¸à¤¾à¤¨ पहà¥à¤à¤šà¤¾à¤ बिना कैंसर की कोशिकाओं में उलà¥à¤²à¥‡à¤–नीय गिरावट देखी गई.

Star looked up at Scott and raised her eyebrow, wondering how he could be so calm and collected in the middle of a crisis. Shaking her head, she got up and walked over to him.

"How is it that you can be so.......so calm in a situation like this? I literally haven't heard a peep from you unless you're asking for something".

"As long as there is liquor, I can suffice"

After saving some cigarrettes and two bottles of strong Fortunan spirit at everyone else's backs, Lennox just sat there silently like everyday since he was trapped with everyone else, while the rest either ignored him or pointed the fact his hair was freakishly long.

"Too many canines for my comfort..." He muttered as he laid back, using his backpack as a headrest and long hair as an impromptu sleep mask.

Scott looked up to her. Placing a piece of cloth as a bookmark and wiping his eyes. "What's there to worry about? There's food and shelter here. We all free without jobs, I've got nothing going on. Then again I've had over seven years dealing with other's problems." He took a slight pause, lost in thought only for a moment. "You however seem to be stressed. I would ask why is that?" 

Leon looked at the walkers, watching them go by, each one bringing about anger in him. He would never forget how they turned his entire beloved family into.....one of them. His best friend and brother figure, his mom and dad, and worst of all, his younger siblings......none of them were left uninfected when he got back to the house....except his little sister Sharlotte, who had been bitten. A tear rolled down his cheek as he remembered her hugging him tight, the fight with his infected parents and siblings, and then being begged to have him take her pain away by Sharlotte herself. He didn't want to, but he knew that if he didn't, he would have to see her as one of them. One of those Infected Bastards.......so he held her, in tears, and pulled the trigger. He then snapped out of his flashback, becoming enraged. Growling and pulling away from the window, he angrily punched a container off a nearby shelf. The noise made Kora's head snap to look at her dad who was frustrated, angry, and vengeful.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Star sighed.
"Truthfully, I am. We're running out of food and we can't stay here forever. Soon enough, they will find some way in and we'll all be a fucking buffet to them".

"Stop... banging stuff, trying to sleep here!"

A piercing glare was what he did instead of speaking his mind.

After some more seconds of constant glaring, he rolled his eyes and went back to rest. Wasn't worth alienating from the felines. Canines? maybe, but the jaguar was too tired to fight right now.

He even took his heavy boots off. Not smart? Not appropiate? Risky health hazard? Forget them, he wasn't going anywhere really...

"I would believe there's the presence of alcohol in his system." Staring at Lennox slowly rolling to the subconscious. Took another moment for thought and turned back to Star. "Trust me, stress isn't healthy." Taking off his glasses to clean them.  

"I would believe there's the presence of alcohol in his system." Staring at Lennox slowly rolling to the subconscious.

"I heard that! And I wish, but that isn't the case today doc!" he quoted on a slightly higher volume then the norm, eyes closed, pointing at the source of the sound with his foot.

The roof was home to a single inhabitant, an aging Spanish woman clutching a frayed and half destroyed map. Chayrlin disposed of another of the dwindling food items next to her, the now free hand returning to a pair of binoculars to survey the distant destruction. 

"Everyday I lock myself up here and everyday I go a little crazier"

An isolated building, surrounded by a parking lot and then nothing. Flashes and noises of other survivors that Chayrlin had gripped as signs of this devastation ending had grown more scarce as the days went on.

Noise from below brought her attention back to to reality.

"Better let them have it out" She thinks to herself, returning the Binoculars to her eyes. "We are all going mad from isolation."

Star nodded. She heard Lennox yell and then sighed.

"Doc, we need to get out of here. Everyone is starting to go mad, and soon enough we'll all be ripping each other to shreds. I'm even going mad right now! Do you know of anywhere we can go? ANYWHERE but here"?

Scott didn't look up fully to meet Star's face, yet just blankly looked over his glasses for a moment moving his mouth without speaking and twiddling his fingers without writing. "Everything I can think of is in the city some-miles away." Putting on his glasses, "I'm not familiar with this area, I mean what might there be a library... police station?" Scott packed his belongings in his satchel and stood. "Anyone else here that knows the neighbor hood?" He looked around ... took a breath and taped a semi-empty wine bottle to meet Lennox's foot. "How about you sleeping beauty? Know the cul-de-sac?"

Kage emerged from the office, which he had made into his own little nest, secluded from the people whom he had no real affiliation with.  "Alright guys, whether you're with me or not, I'm not staying in this store until I die of starvation.  I'd rather let the zeds get me than that." He said, peeking through a hole in the barricade.  Z activity wasn't as high as it is at night, but it was still pretty risky to go.  "There's gotta be a bigger place somewhere around here.  Anyone have a map?"

"Damn these dogs can't do anything, not even with a PhD."

Taking for granted he won't really get sleep that moment, he pushed his long hair out from his face and to his back and adopted a sitting position.

it was pretty much a monologue without much eye contact; the jaguar was rubbing his feet and gritty socks most of the time. "Lucky for you, I've been around here every once in a while despite residing in Fortuna. I think road to the Capital's by taking the 103rd North East highway. Bad thing is, between here and there by that way is only hills and snakes; aboslutely no known towns or residential areas...New guy will get his death wish if we go there"

"Option B is to go South East's 75th. I don't know how long, but we'll touch Adamou county heading there and, at least I can tell we'll reach one residential area; the town of Cascada. You know what's in a residential area?" he grabbed the wine bottle Scott used to tap his foot and took quite the sip before he continued. "Little marts like this one and hopefully a not-so empty armory"

Finishing the rest of the lukewarm wine, the spotted feline stated. "The former is the only one I'll bet my tail it's the definite truth."

"Luckily I don't gamble unless I have the odds of winning," Scott said pulling out a credit. "or If I know the driver." He walked into the close center of the group. He looked around the group as everyone was waiting for a decision to be made. "So the options have been presented..." talking as he flicked the credit upward towards the ceiling. "how about we let fate argue with chance." The credit hit the floor with a chime, uncontrollably rotating and flipping in air after first impact once, twice in the air. Once it started losing velocity Scott stepped on it, ending the dysfunction. "Who wants to call?"

Leon and kora came over to star and star looked at her husband.

"Start packing. Were heading out soon".

It was the increasing volume of distant moans  that first piqued Chayrlin's interest. Turning to the right of her normal lookout position, she grabs the binoculars and gazes far down the streets, looking for the source of the increased moans.

oh no.

Walking over to the hatch that lead to the store underneath her, Chayrlin raps on it a few times and opens it. Sticking her head into the store, noting that Kage had stopped being a recluse and that mostly wine had been consumed, she speaks with as much volume as she can without alerting the zombies outside.

"We have a problem."

"Heads, we'll stay or go North East and die. Tails, we'll go South East and maybe, just maybe, die"

"If there's a chance if survival going southeast why the Fuck are we going to let a coin send us to our death?" Kage asked incredulously.  "If we want to live I say forget the stupid coin and just go southeast."

"What about West" star asked.

"Its only about 50 miles from here and the town is pretty small. Not too many people".

Star then heard chayrlin and looked at her, giving her her full attention

"Whats the problem"?

"Well I don'y know about you Kage but the sound of the Capitol sounds quite appealing if you ask me." He said brushing the hair out of his eyes. "I mean, there's the Hospital, the CDF headquarters, the capitol building. I'll tell you there are enough hidden details in the capitol itself that the right person could make use of." Adding tension to his foot. "And besides ... what's the fun about taking the easy route?

He moved his foot. "Shoot. Tails." He sighed giving a sarcastic frown. "I'm sorry Charyrlin what were you saying?"

"South East we'll go farther, but closer to the Capital at the same time, and the road must be safer. Plus, longer route means more killing and bashing"

"There is a minor hoard, 20 to 22 of the zombies approaching from the southeast." She said, hanging onto the edge with both hands and lowering herself into the store. 

"Nothing larger than a Lagomorph, but the numbers concern me."