Heads up: Imageshack no longer free

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tillie

Tillie

Waluigi

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
  • Personal Text:Its happening! You could've prevented this! Why didn't you listen?
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

What are the benefits of subscribing to a premium plan?

A brand new design for a faster, better looking, and easier to use site. No ads of any kind: meaning better privacy and identity protection while you browse the site. A modern image uploader with drag and drop functionality. the ability to resize images, to any resolution at any time, even after they are uploaded.

Can I still have a free account?

Yes. We give you 30 days to try the site, absolutely free. There is no need for credit card payment or prepayment, simply make an account and start uploading.

Wow! The ability to resize images for $1 a month!

Useful sites to host images: Imgur, Dropbox, Puush

HUo5Sob.png
"That insinuation that Krystal killed Star Fox is ridiculous, a single character doesn't kill a franchise, Sonic is still around."

"ITT Anything that isn't Star Fox 64 sucks and people having too high standards."

#2 Icy

Icy

The Optimist

• Validating
  • 1,598 posts
  • Personal Text:Roll Tide.
  • LocationAlabama, United States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

ImageShack always sucked anyway. I haven't used it in years and can't stand it when I try to view an image hosted by them.

However, their downloadable image uploader is/was golden. It actually let you upload dozens of images and spewed out a list of all the links for you. Anyone else do that? Photobucket used to, but since their last few updates I haven't been able to find anything. Since most image hosts don't have any kind of feature like this, does it seriously never cross anyone's mind that people might just want to upload 10+ images and then want a list of URLs?

Hah! Of course not!

Imgur and all those are good for quick image hosting, but if you need reliable service with no downtime/etc (for, say, eBay images), you aren't going to find something reliable for free. Even if you decide to pay, it's still hard to find something good. :/

This just seemed like a good excuse to rant, I suppose.

sig-1044-random.png

sig.gif

#3 Patch93

Patch93

Your typical autistic dumbfuck who loves 16-bit games and Doom

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Dropbox is better anyway.

#4 psy_commando

psy_commando

CDF 1st Lieutenant

• LLS Dev Team
  • 866 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

ImageShack always sucked anyway. I haven't used it in years and can't stand it when I try to view an image hosted by them.
However, their downloadable image uploader is/was golden. It actually let you upload dozens of images and spewed out a list of all the links for you. Anyone else do that? Photobucket used to, but since their last few updates I haven't been able to find anything. Since most image hosts don't have any kind of feature like this, does it seriously never cross anyone's mind that people might just want to upload 10+ images and then want a list of URLs?
Hah! Of course not!

Imgur and all those are good for quick image hosting, but if you need reliable service with no downtime/etc (for, say, eBay images), you aren't going to find something reliable for free. Even if you decide to pay, it's still hard to find something good. :/

This just seemed like a good excuse to rant, I suppose.

I can do all this with dropbox. And I never had downtimes with either dropbox or imgur
Posted Image
"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it won't keep the wise from trying." - Harry Anderson
“The opportunity to create and transform becomes weakened in a world in which creation requires permission and creativity must check with a lawyer” - Lawrence Lessig
"You know those things you shouldn't say because it might make others think you're crazy? Well, I say them anyways..." -me

#5 The Shaper

The Shaper

Aspiring End of Stage Boss

• Members
  • 3,475 posts
  • Personal Text:I will wipe all horrors from this world, starting with you.
  • LocationWorld Marshal HQ

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

I started using puush and never went back. I actually get a little grossed out whenever I see anyone using any other image uploader.

Well except for Dropbox, but none of my friends use that for images apparently.

icon-parasoul.png76561198031949351.pngtumblr_n2yydpvL0f1qffhhlo6_250.gifEngarde

foxcar.gifBest Newcomer. Foxcar RP awards 2010. I ONLY KEEP THIS BECAUSE MY SIGNATURE LOOKS BARREN WITHOUT IT

#6 High Executor

High Executor

The Official Zimbabwean Zimbabwe

• Members
  • 1,726 posts
  • Personal Text:What I want, when I want, try tell me that I'm wrong.
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

>implying anyone really uses imageshack

• Patch93 likes this

Star Fox Command was the best Star Fox game ever made!

Soopa Loopa: high is like ROB IN PIECES NNNNNNNNG

This dark energy is composed of nothing but posts from Gesalt, Executor, and Scourge. IT WILL MELT YOUR FACE IF YOU ALLOW IT TO CATCH YOU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The content of user comments and posts is solely that of their authors.

StarFox-Online, it's staff, and it's owners are not responsible for user-posted content.

Star Fox, it's story, music, and characters are all ©1993-2011 Nintendo Co. Ltd.

Original Content ©2006-2014 StarFox-Online.