Image uploading issue

LazerMaster5

Question

In the past, I have been able to upload images from my tablet into my posts in threads where such image posting was suitable. I used the HTML uploader, and it worked well. On my first day on my road trip, I was able to post a few pics, but then I started to get it saying "uploading is not allowed". Is this an issue with my tablet, the internet in the hotels, or an issue with my account? Help will be greatly appreciated.

9 answers to this question

You're talking about SF-O, right? If so, try using the URL function instead of HTML. I use that when I'm on my phone.

I for the longest have thought that attachments were disabled :?

If it truly does still work, the data limit is 5MB, go to Profile Settings->Manage Attachments to see how much you have used and free up space.

~_-*-_-*-_~

Alternatively, if you have the image link select the image option and enter the url...

SglzLus.png

-or-

purely preferential here, but you can put the link inside img tags (without spaces)

[ img ]  [/ img ]

in practice that's:

a) link: '>

b) typing:

c) result:

iZf2l55.gif

If you need to get a direct link you can upload it to an image hosting site, including but not limited to:

http://imgur.com/

Attachments are not enabled on all boards, plus there is a 5MB limit per-user. The reason for this is that I don't want people using attachments to post memes, reaction gifs, or random images that are irrelevant to discussion.

If you're going to be posting a lot of images, I recommend using http://www.imgur.com and embedding the images as Gestalt described.

• Owner/Technical Admin

That's a good suggestion. Use Imgur and imbed the images.

I'm not the biggest tablet person, but have you tried ze app?

I honestly can't recommend anything else without puking a little bit.

I tried the app, and it would never be able to connect to my account. For some reason, I can only log in on the desktop site, which does not function properly on my tablet. I appreciate the help, though.