Starfox Command thoughts

Pharaoh Shadon

Is this game good?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Your rating :D

This poll is closed to new votes

Heh... Ha ha... What is this title? I don't... Oh GAWD... I remember now... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

... So I guess you want to know why I hate this game so much... Well lets waste no time.

Story- ... I don't even know how to begin, here's a chart.
" title="External link">http://www.gonintend...4e906f3c4_b.jpg

AND THAT'S PROBLEM ONE WITH THIS GAME! THE STORY IS F***ING MESSED UP! Can you believe Nitnendo is trying to make this game cannon? Even saying there is a cannon ending where Crystal left fox to work for Starwolf... (Yes, that is currently cannon people)

Now there are several stupid endings, one is where Krystal is blamed for Fox being a dick by kicking her out and she is blamed for abandoning the team. Another is a "new" Starfox team while they all look gay, don't believe me? Check it out.
http://t1.gstatic.co...epqiJmn<br />I would call recolors but... I can't, this is too stupid.

In fact, here is a list of all the stupid endings, please, please tell me  if ANY of these sounds cool
http://starfox.wikia...tar_Fox_Command
Lets go down the f***ing list.

1. Its actually not that bad of an ending, too bad its not the cannon one.

2. I don't even know how to respond to this one... Here is the problem with this ending, MAYBE as a literal ending that is changed. Its basically THE END of starfox, the very end. Thing is... THIS IS A F***ING VIDEO GAME SERIES WITH LIKE 4 GAMES! (Including this one) Fox leaves the team to start a family. maybe as some kind of side conclusion of Nintendo saying "this is how the starfox saga would end assuming it was real life" I mean you don't see a single sonic, Mario, or even Samus ending where he/she decides to settle down.

3. It doesn't start that bad, star wolf gets the bounty off their heads for their good deed... But then they decide to grab another fanfiction and say that Krystal cant handle the team anymore and goes to Starwolf where Fox is cursed to wonder unloved... FIRST OF ALL! Fox had no love in Starfox 1, 64, and technically adventures, only in Assault could you see they liked each other but that never got in the way... WHICH IS A GROWING PROBLEM IN THIS GAME! Everyone is so blinded by love.

4. Wow... So Starwolf is the heroes now and due to being bullied Krystal cant take it anymore and decides to be a bounty hunter, she sees Fox but Fox does not recognize her... First of all, she does not look that different, ESPECIALLY if she is suppose to be the last of her kind. 

5. Umm... A party and love talk. Not a bad ending per se but... ITS ACTUALLY AN ENDING!

6. Basically another intro to starfox 64. Too bad its not an ending but an intro.

7. I forgot this game was called starslippy... Oh wait, ITS NOT! What happened to fox? Krystal? Falco? Did they stay and die in battle leaving Sleppy only alive? Are they rich and swimming in money without Sleppy? WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE ELSE?????????

8. Falco was replaced by Krystal... Wow... I shouldn't even need to explain this one but I will anyway. FIRST OF ALL! In adventures Falco not only came back but Krystal joined AT THE SAME TIME. in assault both Falco and Krystal was in the same team through the game with no jealousy at all! So WHY DID FOX REPLACE KRYSTAL FOR FALCO! Falco is the ace pilot, better then Krystal and has been around since I think the beginning. So if anyone NEEDS to be replaced, it should be Krystal. (Then again, clearly they are not getting much money considering the nudered Corneria assault carrier)

9. Although this actually kinda makes sense in a emotional standpoint, why didn't he go all depressed in the ending where Krystal became a bounty hunter? He even saw her and didn't recognize her, honestly this ending feels like cheap advertising for F-ZERO or a fanfiction crossover. I mean is there something I'm forgetting in the paths that makes Fox suddenly become all depressed unlike ending 4?

And there are the 9 crappy endings, as you can see I can only accept 2 of them as "endings" and the first one is still pushing it with Amanda.

Gameplay- stupid, you basically have a map, you need to protect the Cornerian Assault Carrier (I refuse to call that piece of s*** the great fox 2) you have only so many turns to map out your moves and complete the objective, once you run into an enemy is when you have a time limit...  A F***ING TIME LIMIT! They say its for fuel purposes but the arwings in assault didn't have no time limit, those things flew forever so did they downgrade or something? The controls are odd and each ship has a special way it functions, mainly the blasters are all different. (Still... A time limit ON TOP of a time limit? I am glad I used action replay to remove the time limits once I found out DX

Graphics- I hate them. But lets take a look at a screen shot of the team.
http://dsmedia.ign.c...06062623373.jpg
My god Krystal... What have they done to you? You were sexy in adventures, very hot in that armor in assault... Now they put you in... THAT?! Did you have to sell your awesome armor for money or something?
http://images4.wikia...3/37/End4-2.png
That's how I feel Krystal... ((BTW, she also has this stupid helmet once you meet up with her later)

Complaints- IT RUINED THE STARFOX UNIVERSE! Oh my god, just about every Starfox fan I can find is claiming this game is non cannon, most of us are basically in denial, the game has SEVERAL contradictory moments (mainly in the personalities) they abuse Fox and Krystal with these stupid moments and especially abuse Krystal by constantly giving her bad endings and mistreatment, one of them is her leaving the galaxy as a bounty hunter named cursed and one day fox goes to the galaxy in a mission and doesn't even recognize her. Another is where fox and Krystal get together and have a thing "child".

Now you're probably wondering why I am talking so much about Krystal, well its not because she's the only animal female to actually make me go a bit furry, but its because this game is basically about Krystal, yeah fox is the main character but deep down this game is all about Krystal's broken heart, relationships, and wanna know what this game feels like? Its like several bad Fanfictions all boiled up in one single crappy DS game, A game where they took a bunch of fanfictions, shoved it VIOLENTLY in a blender, blended it up, then pored it into a DS cartrage with a label sticked to it that DARES call its self Starfox.

who is it recommended for- Nobody, I wish I never heard of it, I wish I never seen it, I wish Nintendo never made it.

Rating- 0/10

Final thoughts- What pisses me off the most with this game is they had so much going for them on Assault, they had the great fox which looked the best it ever has, sleek design, awesome arwings, everyone looked cool in their armor (Even slippy looked kinda cool), and yeah I know the great fox crashed and was destroyed at the Aparoid homeworld but they have the f***ing blue prints inside rob since he had full control of it, and I am pretty damn sure that the money they got for saving the galaxy, possibly the universe, saving general Peppers life, saving Sauria, and everything else they would get more then enough money to rebuild the great fox to its former glory and even upgrade it, I mean repairing Sauria alone took the crappy barely working great fox into the cool assault one so I fail to understand why they resorted to the stupid disarmed cornaria assault cruiser...

Its just... HOW did they mess so much s*** up? I mean they had no idea what they were doing. I seriously think the story writers never even played a starfox game before, either that or the script was given to a bunch of stupid teenagers. But if that's the case they could have given it to me. I alone could have made a really cool script... In fact I would have done it for free if I knew this was gonna happen.

I know every series needs bad games here and there but this wasn't just a bad game, this destroyed the series, I mean some of you may compare this to the Sonic 06 of the series but no... Sonic 06 had the luxury of saying that none of it really happened. Now add a major love interest between sonic and Amy, a few endings that they both got together and never stopped Eggman again leaving it to Shadow, or better yet, imagine Amy leaving Sonic, sonic being all depressed, and Shadow to cheer him up used GUN tech to build F-ZERO racers. Its stupid I know but that's what this game basically did.

Now Starfox has one final chance, Nintendo said that if starfox 64 3D sells well they will make a new starfox game (Well actually said if it doesn't sell well the developers would be fired... Its said to be a joke to the developers... Which I would give that warning also after their stunt with command... FORTUNATELY???? A new starfox game is in the works for the WiiU, so we can only hope that they learned their lesson)

Now that I ranted on, its odd, I think this rant not only releaved me of allot of stress because I feel more calm but I don't think I feel very angry anymore... In fact I feel bad, I feel very sorry for this game, those who suffered through it, and the heartless people that created, and approved this. I mean I only own it for collection purposes.

But maybe I am wrong, maybe there IS in fact light in this game that I can't possibly see... I mean IGN somehow enjoyed the game and maybe you did. I want YOU to tell me what you think of this game, Or at least tell me your thoughts of the nine endings like I did because this game... This pile of programming in a chip that holds the title of one of my most favorite childhood game series shot kid me in the face several times... But maybe it was the the best thing ever for you, I will let you decide.

• 2 weeks later...

You forgot to put the

"To be burned at the steak upon its location being known, then the ashes shot out a Mass Accelerator into the nearest neighboring star"/10 option on the list

• Like 1

Nope to me this is the worst the series has to offer with only one redeeming quality to me and honestly its not much

The Good

I got to play as Leon Powalski

The Bad

Pretty much everything

Sorry people when i compare this to SF SF2 SF64 SFAdventures and SFAssualt SFCommand takes the win as the worst star fox game made to date but feel free to disagree after all this is my opinion.

Edit 2/10

• Like 1

Nope to me this is the worst the series has to offer with only one redeeming quality to me and honestly its not much

The Good

I got to play as Leon Powalski

The Bad

Pretty much everything

Sorry people when i compare this to SF SF2 SF64 SFAdventures and SFAssualt SFCommand takes the win as the worst star fox game made to date but feel free to disagree after all this is my opinion.

Edit 2/10

You know, playing as other characters SHOULD be an amazing plus for me but... Well with how much bad surrounds it, it's not really worth it. (Kinda like playing as Krystal in assault multiplayer. It sounds cool, but with her being the weakest character, it's not really worth it (Unless you are just that much better than your friends)

Although Starfox WiiU has hope, and this is the PERFECT time to add an amazing multiplayer with everyone playable :D

You know, playing as other characters SHOULD be an amazing plus for me but... Well with how much bad surrounds it, it's not really worth it. (Kinda like playing as Krystal in assault multiplayer. It sounds cool, but with her being the weakest character, it's not really worth it (Unless you are just that much better than your friends)

Although Starfox WiiU has hope, and this is the PERFECT time to add an amazing multiplayer with everyone playable xicon_biggrin.gif.pagespeed.ic.Bh266dV0N

True but if i remeber correctly Krystal Respawns with double barriers in Assault so i use her alot in multiplayer for this it is also useful as it prevents a OHKO from the Demon Launcher

True but if i remeber correctly Krystal Respawns with double barriers in Assault so i use her alot in multiplayer for this it is also useful as it prevents a OHKO from the Demon Launcher

Ohhhh yeah, I forgot about the bonus's (It's been years since I played that game's multiplayer. I've only really had like 2 friends to actually play it with me DX The rest was just screwing around with action replay)

Well that comparison to assault was just negated XD So yeah, playing as Leon wasn't worth the pain to me DX

They tried to mash in a number of endings and paths, to make every conceivable part of the Starfox fan base happy with the ending. I don't think it worked out. I have been a SF fan all my life, and was in high school when it came out. It must have been quite underwhelming for me to have missed it.

In my opinion this has to be one of the worst star fox games ever made but at least it came out instead of being canceled.

I could list everything wrong with this game but that's already been done here

Sometimes you got to look at the bright side of things

-1st SF game to feature online MP (gotta admit, it was fun for its time)

-There was some variety in the ships you could play as

-It extended the franchises life( wether this game be loved or hated, there had to be another Star Fox game. Imagine if they canceled it ? We could have been doomed into fantasizing how great this game would had been when in reality it was horrible)

All in all I give this game a 5/10

It may not be the best but its worth a try

In my opinion this has to be one of the worst star fox games ever made but at least it came out instead of being canceled.

I could list everything wrong with this game but that's already been done here

Sometimes you got to look at the bright side of things

-1st SF game to feature online MP (gotta admit, it was fun for its time)

-There was some variety in the ships you could play as

-It extended the franchises life( wether this game be loved or hated, there had to be another Star Fox game. Imagine if they canceled it ? We could have been doomed into fantasizing how great this game would had been when in reality it was horrible)

All in all I give this game a 5/10

It may not be the best but its worth a try

Hm i guess i can not argue with that

It is better to have had then not to have had at all even though it is terrible canceled games leave people to wonder the possibilities.

• 7 months later...

The game's endings were mostly very upsetting. The gameplay was alright but whenever I play games I usually look for the story to be my favorite part or what I look for the most. Since the game is basically considered non canon it kinda made it all a mess. I think the best ending is the Lucy and Krystal one. I don't really think there should be any more members of the team outside of the 3 guys and Krystal. Tying down the characters to people outside the time sorta messes with them a good bit and just makes it complicated. Now if they slapped Command with a non canon label, then made SF Wiiu a real sequel to Assault and improved mechanics, story, character development, things like that, then I think they'll be cooking. I'm a Krystal fan, but I don't think she should be the center of the story, to me it seemed like that was the case a couple times but maybe that's just me. I have faith in Nintendo what with the game having been in the works for a good while. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes here 

• Like 1