Fox's Voice in SSB 3DS (*pukes*)

geoprimedonna

For whoever didnt hear it yet...

Comment, whoever wants to...

o.o

I know that voice from somewhere... (Scrappy doo?)

Please say Nintendo isn't being a smart ass and giving us a SUPER cheesy fox because of the distaste of the more serious command/assault fox.

• Like 1

As discussed in the Super Smash Bros thread, that is Mike West doing Fox's voice in SSB 3DS.  He also did Fox's voice in Star Fox 64.

For the record I do like how the voice sounds. It has personality and some charm to it, as opposed to Jim Walker's flat rendition of Fox in Brawl. 

As discussed in the Super Smash Bros thread, that is Mike West doing Fox's voice in SSB 3DS.  He also did Fox's voice in Star Fox 64.

For the record I do like how the voice sounds. It has personality and some charm to it, as opposed to Jim Walker's flat rendition of Fox in Brawl. 

That's the same guy? I think he may be a bit out of practice then. (I just re-watched the last cutscene from starfox 64 and I don't think they sound anything alike. Meaning either his voice changed, or he is just trying too hard in smash while what he did in the 64 game was natural.

Aside from the subjective nature of voice acting, a perceived difference could arise from the limited sound quality of the cartridge format in conjunction with the limitations of the N64's sound chip. 

Aside from the subjective nature of voice acting, a perceived difference could arise from the limited sound quality of the cartridge format in conjunction with the limitations of the N64's sound chip. 

There's that, although his tone and how he says things are different. I don't blame him, he hasn't voiced fox in about 17 years. But it felt like he was over acting in the smash voice.

The last time Mike West voiced Fox was in 2011, for 64-3D. The lines in 64 3D were all re-recorded.

He sounds fine in Smash.

It's Mike freakin' West guys. Isn't this what everyone was clamoring for? Personally, I don't mind it that much. That being said, it does sound a bit effeminate iykwim, but if that's the direction Nintendo wants to take with Starfox, who'm I to argue? :-P

The last time Mike West voiced Fox was in 2011, for 64-3D. The lines in 64 3D were all re-recorded.

He sounds fine in Smash.

So it was re-recorded.

Skip to the 6:33 mark

No on the video on the first post, go to 28 seconds in.

That doesn't sound off to you at all? 

Not really. The Smash clips have different audio quality, he sounds slightly more nasal in some of his deliveries, but he still sounds like himself and I don't mind it.

Most certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm definitely used to it now.

Though, I am not beyond forever joking about it given both my initial, "wait what" and the fact that very, very few things are beyond the joke.

But really, ess k.

fe: okay, time to read the thread

Not really. The Smash clips have different audio quality, he sounds slightly more nasal in some of his deliveries, but he still sounds like himself and I don't mind it.

Alright. 

(I noticed the audio quality, but looking past that, I swear he talks differently and added some kind of accent I can't put my finger on. It kinda scares me how i'm like the only person to hear it o.o

I think the reason why it might sound off to a lot of people is because of the voice direction.

Yeah. Even Jim Walker sounded a bit more vibrant in Brawl than he did in Assault. Honestly another part of the reason he sounds so goofy is because he's saying really goofy things. FIRE! LANDMASTER! The Landmaster is the worst one. I guarantee it'd sound way better if he said "Send in the Landmaster!" instead of just yelling its name like it was some kind of Dragon Ball Z attack. Not the voice actor's fault, that's the line and the way he was directed to say it.

• Like 4

I dunno if I'l get used to it. Even hearing who is voicing Fox it just sounds so nasally to me. He sounds like Dexter from Space Ace! Can Fox energize? Can he become Ace?

• Like 1

Sounds fine to me, honestly.

wait+what.gif

WHAT??!!

Really!? This is probably what happened...

Wolf+Rayman=this

Krystal+ PK Love=this

10-year-old Fox=puberty=this

Fox+ over 9000 health percentage=this

Continue people!!!

Haven't seen Falco yet, here's a video of the hidden dialogue on Corneria though:

I think most of it is reused from the previous games.

There'll probably be some hidden dialogue on the Orbital Gate too.

• Like 2

Haven't seen Falco yet, here's a video of the hidden dialogue on Corneria though:

I think most of it is reused from the previous games.

There'll probably be some hidden dialogue on the Orbital Gate too.

Actually, Drasi, you are more than right. Most of the so-called hidden dialogue is from the game or inspired from game events.

Er, I meant the dialogue in Melee and Brawl, not the Star Fox games.

That's what I mean! In all the SSB series with these "special scenes", they are inspired in game events. ;)

Oh, ok, yeah of course

Probably is a good indication that Mike West will be voicing Fox in next years star fox game

Eh not necessarily, for Smash it's always just whoever played him most recently. Steve Malpass was in Melee, Jim Walker was in Brawl, etc. I wouldn't mind West reprising Fox for Star Fox U though.

Awww....He sounds really young now. Like a kid. 

I liked Assault and Brawl's VAs....Oh well.

• Like 1