Geev me yo favourite vegetables

Redeemer

Yeah, I said it.

The "v" word.

I see many of you gasp in shock, recoil from your monitors and clutch your chips and meat close to you, holding them at your chest protectively and hissing at the text in this topic.

I see you.

But I'm going to completely ignore that and enthuse with the few and far between, happy vegetable-consumers in SFO

It's approaching November, and we all know what that means! Winter is here and it's going to take a nice big bite out of your butt and bitchslap you with the cold and flu. That's why we need these anti-bitch vegetables on our side, protecting us from such frigid aggression.

What are your favourite vegetables and how do you prepare them? Do you have a go-to soup or dish that keeps you fit during the festive season?

I'm absolutely addicted to aubergines/eggplants. Something I will happily eat alone:

Take a large aubergine.

Shove it up your godda- Cut the top green bit off and cut the entire vegetable lengthways.

Place it skin-down on a tray lined with baking paper/tin foil.

Cut a grid like set of scores into the flesh, about half deep into each part.

Take a large garlic clove.

Chop it roughly, into small pieces, and stuff each piece into the scores you made in the aubergine/eggplant.

Drizzle with a little oil, salt and pepper.

Roast for half an hour at 180C/350F.

Also protip: Make a tuna-mayo dip to make any vegetable bearable. I'm about to chow down on some carrots and peppers that way yeahhhhh.

I'd like some more ideas for this stuff because I don't want to sicken myself of my currently favourite things.

I'm a fan of spinach.  Especially in my famous cream of spinach soup.  Maybe I should share my not so secret recipe.  

Boil up about 1 1/2 cups of water, a can of spinach, and about 3 cubes of chicken bouillon.  In another pan, you should melt some butter(About 3 tablespoons) then add about 1/4 cup of flour.  Whisk in 3 cups of milk gradually, and then season with your favorite... Well, seasonings.  Once it's thick enough, mix it into the spinach chicken stock mixture.  

Viola, you have yourself a tasty spinach soup for the whole family to enjoy.

Mmmmm spinach is goooooood. And also really amazing for the skin!

I eat broccoli and potatoes because Steve insists that we eat veggies sometimes. Though I really like tomatoes, which isn't technically a vegetable, tomato soup is awesome. Also motherfucking pumpkins. Holy fucking shit I love me some gd pumpkin shit. Pumpkin spice latte pumpkin cheesecake pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin!

Lol i clicked this thinking it was about Vegeta

title="Geev me yo favourite vegetables">Geev me yo favourite vegeta...

Anyway Broccoli but i eat it with Chinese food so i guess that is not as healthy as regular broccoli

Just for the record...

ALL OF YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID!!!

V                                          

27727.jpg

For me its asparagus.

• Like 1

Although they are technically a fruit, tomatoes are my favorite.

But give me some of that chicken noodle soup with all the veggies, and MMMMMMM.

There seems to be a distinct lack of green beans in this thread.

Stringy green beans are best.

I personally like peas and cucumbers. But NOT mushrooms. I can't stand mushrooms.

Apples and streetcars. 

They taste like Zimbabwean furniture. 

I also like carrots and brussel sprouts.

But NOT mushrooms. I can't stand mushrooms.

Whaaaaat? Have you never had a big juicy steak with a side of fried mushrooms? And fried onions, a grilled tomato and maybe a small jacket potato with sour cream... *drools*

• Like 3

Y'know even when I was a child, I could never understand why most kids hated vegetables. I guess they had parents who didn't know how to cook.

Anyway, I've been taking a liking to green onions lately, I like putting them on my salads and sandwiches.

And I know it's fruit, but avocadoes are fucking awesome.

Just for the record...

ALL OF YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID!!!

V                                          

27727.jpg

For me its asparagus.

The food seasoning is strong with this one

Also i forgot to say i also eat potatoes pumpkin tomatoes and peas on a good day

Kale and a citrus dressing work really well together!

I love mixed root vegetables that have been slow-cooked or boiled; take carrots, potatoes (Yams too), turnips, and parsnips.

But NOT mushrooms. I can't stand mushrooms.

Fear not! For mushrooms are neither fruit nor vegetable. Mushrooms are fungi, and therefore exempt from both categories.

• Like 2

Fear not! For mushrooms are neither fruit nor vegetable. Mushrooms are fungi, and therefore exempt from both categories.

Ah, I see.

Whenever it's a cold day,I love heating me up some minestrone or veggie soup.

Whaaaaat? Have you never had a big juicy steak with a side of fried mushrooms? And fried onions, a grilled tomato and maybe a small jacket potato with sour cream... *drools*

Well, I usually don't mind mushrooms when they're sneaked into my spaghetti bolognaise/carbonara, mainly because I at least can't taste them.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Where to start. I pretty much like everything. I like Broccoli, cooked and uncooked.

DON'T YOU START SHIT IN MY TOPIC SON

• Like 1

I wentered to the store once and they were selling these things called shrooms. They were really delightful.

I'm a fan of potatoes, cooked in any way: mash, roasted, pan-fried... but not BOILED, unless it gets mashed. A sauce I recommend making for pan-fried potatoes is this:

Mix a little 'creme fraiche' (I'm not too sure what the English word for it is, but I think it's sour cream, I may be wrong) and some sweet and sour chili sauce together. Dip potatoe in. Eat!