Onewingedangel92302's SF-O community-made TF2 Server.

Scott7

Now, since Halloween has come about once again, and the original SF-O sever has been retired: I'll be hosting future TF2 games off of my own machine since the request for the return of the old game nights have been rather high.

Server IP: 24.161.42.190

Depending on how well it performs (Both in terms of activity and performance in general), I might keep it as the permanent yet unofficial game-night event server. The benefit if it does is that it can be run free of charge since It's run off of my own machine, and thus doesn't take a toll on anyone's pockets.

Keep in mind, however.. that at this current time: the server does 'not' have source mod. So any past benefits the old official server might have had will not be present here, and any admins that are appointed will have to log in via rcon.

Like in the past (and If I can kindly get permission from DZ), I'll try and set up weekly game night's through the old stream group. For now, the old meet-up times will be the same as they were with the official server: 7:30PM (EST) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, lemme hear'em!

• Like 1

If it's ran off of your machine, how is the lag?

In my experience, hosting any game on one's one computer ends up dishing out mega lag to anyone who isn't the host.

If it's ran off of your machine, how is the lag?

In my experience, hosting any game on one's one computer ends up dishing out mega lag to anyone who isn't the host.

I've tested it out with 6 players and everyone inside seemed to hold a pretty steady ping of somewhere 60 to 80 ping (Except high when his internet decided to crap out on him). However, I have yet to test it out with a full list of 24 players. That's why I'm still uncertain about keeping this up permanently. I hope Friday should be able to tell me a bit more.

I've tested it out with 6 players and everyone inside seemed to hold a pretty steady ping of somewhere 60 to 80 ping (Except high when his internet decided to crap out on him). However, I have yet to test it out with a full list of 24 players. That's why I'm still uncertain about keeping this up permanently. I hope Friday should be able to tell me a bit more.

Oh ok that's a ton better than I've seen.

How'd it go on Friday?

Oh ok that's a ton better than I've seen.

How'd it go on Friday?

Not bad, actually. We didn't really reach 24, but we got enough of the old group back to fight Merasmus and whatnot. Pings varied, though, some had higher while others were lower; Though that was to be expected. It was a great night all the same, though. I'm hoping to get at least one or two more nights in, though tonight Isn't looking very likely for me to show.

I'll see if I can come this weekend, thank GOD (And Scott) that we have another TF2 server of our own. :yes:

I was surprised that we had as many pubers as we did on Scott's dickserver. We had a ye ol' good rootin' time. I think we should also try some other games for the fun of it. Like maybe KF or the usuall L4D nights. 

And Fureox, like ... fuck ... where have you been you? :3