Star Fox Flash Game Anyone?

Joseph.

I've seen a couple of flash games on other sites so i was wondering if its possible if this site would ever release any Star Fox flash games? I know some people here are working on full blown fan titles but if anyone here was interested or thinking of creating a simple flash game then good news for you! I found a couple of Star Fox sprites directly ripped from the original titles.

http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/StarFoxNew.html  <- Full SNES Arwing sprite sheet 

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/starfox/  <- Backgrounds + Bosses

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/starfox2/ <- Peppy's / Silppy's ship + two full SF2 Boss sprite sheets

A project to come, I guess... Anybody wants to sponsor: *looks at Gestalt...* *smiles at him*

Oh, mods? Can you please push this thread to the SF-O Stuff, if Joseph wants to? The thread would probably get better responses there... ;)

The best I could (will) do is prototype the flight using the arwing sheet as placeholders. Besides, it is of my opinion that trying to make make a full game from these would come across as too much of a clone. I for one would definitely like to see something fresh from anyone who tackled such (even it was using crude "programmer art")

As for my involvement, making a full is a full 2D game ( in that you can win it, lose it and  that contains the slightest hint of depth) is definitely still a few months out for me. I need to make a few more crappy skill testing things that are toss-able, and I wouldn't want to do that with SF since I ck.. cuuh, chrrph-- kare about it.

If someone wants to make a game, they will. As far as an official community project, I'm not really felling it.

It's hard enough to get people to commit to recording voice lines, much less actually drawing and coding stuff.

• Like 1

If someone wants to make a game, they will. As far as an official community project, I'm not really felling it.It's hard enough to get people to commit to recording voice lines, much less actually drawing and coding stuff.

Yeah. But while then, I am still considering it. Its good. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joseph! I found this MOTHER 4-like Starfox project, in case you or anybody else wants to help out! I already sent an email to the project's starter, but he isn't responding... But let's pitch in and aid him; after all, it sounds like he's a one-man band.

Hey Joseph! I found this MOTHER 4-like Starfox project, in case you or anybody else wants to help out! I already sent an email to the project's starter, but he isn't responding... But let's pitch in and aid him; after all, it sounds like he's a one-man band.

Hey Geoprimedonna!  Thanks for the heads up

Does he have a website where i can check his project out?

The best I could (will) do is prototype the flight using the arwing sheet as placeholders. Besides, it is of my opinion that trying to make make a full game from these would come across as too much of a clone. I for one would definitely like to see something fresh from anyone who tackled such (even it was using crude "programmer art")

I'm glad we at least have a programmer here xD 

The flash game that i was thinking of making would be similar to Star Fox for the SNES but with only a few stages and it would be linear like Assault. After all its just a flash game and not a major project. 

If You and Geoprimedonna want to work together on this flash game then i'll be glad to help out. I could help design Menus and give you guys a simple layout of how the game will be like so we can avoid a messy start. If we organize this well enough then this game shouldn't take Months to build (of course there's still  programming to be done and that'll take weeks alone)

• Like 1

Hey Geoprimedonna!  Thanks for the heads up

Does he have a website where i can check his project out?

http://starfoxlegends.weebly.com/#/20141105/want-to-help-4355226/

Thanks for asking! ;) He needs a programmer, he wants to do a Unity game, however, no Flash. I am already aiding him out on building his own PC (his is waaaay too slow!). And yes, he responded me! YEEEES!

• Like 1

http://starfoxlegends.weebly.com/#/20141105/want-to-help-4355226/

Thanks for asking! ;) He needs a programmer, he wants to do a Unity game, however, no Flash. I am already aiding him out on building his own PC (his is waaaay too slow!). And yes, he responded me! YEEEES!

No problem and i'm no programmer lol. His project looks interesting tho, hope he finds a programmer.

BTW I'm rallying up a team to make this SF flash game happen. I was wondering if you would be interested in joining?

I have the layout of the game and Menu designs so I just need a Flash programmer and a Pixel art artist (Simple 8-bit Design) to start building the game

No problem and i'm no programmer lol. His project looks interesting tho, hope he finds a programmer.

BTW I'm rallying up a team to make this SF flash game happen. I was wondering if you would be interested in joining?

I have the layout of the game and Menu designs so I just need a Flash programmer and a Pixel art artist (Simple 8-bit Design) to start building the game

I don't Flash, bro. :(

I've done music for flash games before. If you actually get this of the ground I can lend some tunes to use. 

I've done music for flash games before. If you actually get this of the ground I can lend some tunes to use. 

Thanks for the offer Executor! I was thinking of using tracks from Star Fox 1 & 2 but now that you mentioned this i wouldn't mind using your original tracks or remixes.

I already have the game organized (Sprites, game length, Enemy patterns) all I need is a flash programmer to get this project going...

Try putting it on your local Craiglist. But get your money ready: in Boston, it's a whoopin' $25 bucks per ad.

Does anybody here play the Ocarina? Kurt needs an ocarina player for the game soundtrack. I even made an account on an ocarina forum to get help, but I doubt that will work. So, does anybody play it?