The Fate of the Occult Characters

geoprimedonna

Hey guys! So, what exactly happened to the characters like Fay, Miyu, Anju (whatever his name is...) and other occult characters? What will be their fate in the next game?

We probably won't see Miyu and Fay again, seeing how they got recycled into Bill and Katt.  As for Anju, Nintendo seems to forgot about his existence.

Anju has to earn his own game, like Yoshi and Tingle did, atleat in my opinion. As for Fay and Miyu, you never know, there are spirits of the all over fanfics and such, so nobody forgot them, with may be a nod for Nintendo to give Billy a girlfriend (lolz!).

I think you mean obscure. Occult is like voodoo and shiz. 

Also, they have no fate. They were merely just ideas put into pixels.

Cult works, but occult is...yeah, demons.

Miyu and Fay only ever existed in noncanon and I dunno where Yaru went but they didn't exactly close the door on his return either. That, and we only just sort of discovered that he was a little more important than "training mode guy". I wouldn't say we've seen the last of that greedy, ambiguously evil tanuki, though. In fact, he might've been hiding in plain sight...

Tom-nook.jpg

Cult works, but occult is...yeah, demons.

Miyu and Fay only ever existed in noncanon and I dunno where Yaru went but they didn't exactly close the door on his return either. That, and we only just sort of discovered that he was a little more important than "training mode guy". I wouldn't say we've seen the last of that greedy, ambiguously evil tanuki, though. In fact, he might've been hiding in plain sight...

Tom-nook.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Back to the topic.

The full adjective definition of occult for the record:

collapsed text or spoiler the world may never know!

Occult1

1. adj. beyond the range of normal perception || secret, mysterious, esoteric || dealing with magic alchemy astrology, etc, the occult sciences

[from Latin occulere (occultus), to cover ]

adjective

adjective: occult
  1. 1.
    of, involving, or relating to supernatural, mystical, or magical powers or phenomena.
    "a follower of occult practices similar to voodoo"
    • beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or experience; mysterious.
      "a weird occult sensation of having experienced the identical situation before"
      synonyms: esotericarcanereconditeabstrusesecretMore

• communicated only to the initiated; esoteric.
      "the typically occult language of the time"

-----

Miyu and Fay would have to be introduced into the canon. I'd certainly fall for the new Star Fox team member, Fay, riding a dinosaur into the sun any day -- less hassle for the writers

Yaru could give what we'd think to be a mere remake a retardedly fresh angle, or he could serve as solid backbone to a fan game.

I feel like they shouldn't put them in, because there are plenty of characters with ambiguous backgrounds in Star Fox already.

LIKE A CERTAIN BLUE VIXEN WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

*looks at Krystal

I feel like they shouldn't put them in, because there are plenty of characters with ambiguous backgrounds in Star Fox already.

LIKE A CERTAIN BLUE VIXEN WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

*looks at Krystal

In all fairness, nearly every character's backstory in the StarFox universe is either so minute that it can hardly be called a backstory or fundamentally flawed.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

In all fairness, nearly every character's backstory in the StarFox universe is either so minute that it can hardly be called a backstory or fundamentally flawed.

Not quite, and I make this argument a lot, so get ready to see it repetitively.

Fox and Falco are really the only two characters with an intense backstory.

Fox is a lad who has had both of his parents killed by Andross. I know the Nintendo Power comic strip isn't considered canon since 64 rebooted the existence, but I like to consider it a reference point to Fox's terrible temper and rough life. His story is one of revenge.

Falco used to be associated with the gangs until Fox and Co. took him under their wing (irony!) and taught him how to be an ace pilot. Again, this is in the NP comics. You can also tell he would be in a gang mainly due to his selfish demeanor and brash attitude. He wants glory and payment, but it doesn't overtake the values of loyalty and comradery that Star Fox has shown him, until he gets heated with Fox and leaves Star Fox for a while (Adventures.) He comes back realizing that even if he does get good pay, he never feels satisfied unless its with people he enjoys. His story is one of temptation and redemption.

Onto the Krystal topic:

Let's face it. Krystal was shoehorned in as eyecandy for Star Fox Adventures. She had potential for her own series through Rareware, but got damn near scrapped when she was reduced to a tutorial and then a literal prize for beating the game. And before anyone claims she's the most demanded Smash character, give me statistics from a NON-FURRY gaming community that show demands for smash characters. If anything, Mewtwo was at the top of the list. Why else is he DLC? Most if not all furries (and this is an assumption, so take it lightly) are BIASED toward Krystal, which is why they would claim she is so important.

I have a good feeling she will be wiped from existence if Star Fox gets rebooted. Make the fanfics all you want. It wont change Miamoto's decision. It probably didn't even cross his mind.

• Like 1

Are we sure the next Star Fox game will be a reboot? i see it more of a follow up to SF64 and Star Fox 2 characters are long gone...