Slippy thread

ArwingFan

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Slippy Toad?

Slippy is the most useful member imo.  Not only does he reveal the boss's health, but as a mechanic he can make, upgrade and maintain the various vehicles.  I don't understand the hate for Slippy, sure he attracts bogeys but so does Falco and Peppy.

People probably just find him annoying. He seems to catch more bogeys than the rest of the team too.

Although I think that people probably just prefer him to be on the great fox rather than on the field (Also 1 less member to worry about) rather than wanting him gone (And you don't know what you have till it's gone. Only when you get to a boss without him do you say "Damn... I wish Slippy was here to give me the bosses health."

And then his voice is probably the biggest thing from people. If he had a different style voice, I doubt people would be as hard on him.

And then his voice is probably the biggest thing from people. If he had a different style voice, I doubt people would be as hard on him.

Bingo. The Assault VA was one a very good rendition and I felt that it fit the character relatively well. 

Slippy is important because the name of the game is Star Amphibian. And when he killed Andross in 64. And when he saved Sauria. Also when he took out the aparoids in Adventures. He's just like the main protagonist.

Oh wait. That wasn't Slippy. Oh dear, silly me. That was all Fox.

Because Slippy is like Princess Diana. You can't wait for that ship to crash and burn.

• Like 5

I never found him that annoying. I can see why people did, but I didn't.

When I was first playing Lylatwars it was extremely handy to have the bosses health gauge visible.

Slippy is important because the name of the game is Star Amphibian. And when he killed Andross in 64. And when he saved Sauria. Also when he took out the aparoids in Adventures. He's just like the main protagonist.

Oh wait. That wasn't Slippy. Oh dear, silly me. That was all Fox.

Because Slippy is like Princess Diana. You can't wait for that ship to crash and burn.

Heheh 

-

He has his moments and at times seems more of a fifth wheel than anything. But I really can't imagine SF without him.

I've never really understood all the hatred for Slippy either. He gets into trouble a lot in 64 but so did Peppy and Falco, and that's only a result of the limitations of the game engine. He was cool in the Itoh comic and Assault. The Star Fox Team isn't complete without him.

• Like 1

Maybe it's because of his voice that's the cause of hatred...?

• 2 months later...

slippy does have ' scan enemies ' health thing going for him, but hes been the butt of jokes and insinuation that hes gay for years. apart from the 'health scan thing' hes not good as a pilot, and like others have said , he gets his fair share of bogies.but when push comes to shove, i dont want any member of star fox to be dropped off the team. make the team bigger i say. add bill and Katt to the team,  make it 6 members like it was in star fox 2. more variety.

His voice is annoying, he can't fly, he always needs rescuing, he's kinda ugly, and he's unhelpful. Either dump him or keep him on the Great Fox, really. Honestly, I could live without him in the new game.

insinuation that hes gay for years

You say that, but...

OYOk5rJ.png

/itsajokepeople/

Personally, I think the only thing he's got going against him is his voice. I think he needs a voice actor that actually makes him sound like a young adult.

• Like 1

I personally don't understand all the hate Slippy gets. Alright, his voice sounds weird but apart from that I don't really think there's anything wrong with him. I wouldn't even be sure if he's actually an awful pilot. All we really see in the games is that he's worse than the rest of the team but Fox and Falco are among the best pilots in the whole Lylat-System and Peppy presumably is very good as well. I've never seen any evidence in any of the games that Slippy is worse than most of the Cornerian soldiers. Therefore he could be a decent pilot but Fox, Falco and presumably Peppy too are just much better than the average decent pilot.

Plus, Slippy is a valuable asset to the team simply because he's a great mechanic.

Well, he never was one of my favorite characters but I'd rather have him on team StarFox than not.

• Like 2

Petition to have Slippy voiced by Samuel L Jackson please sign below.

Arminius Hernan Oliver Fiddywinks

daily reminder that while Fox only has ONE possible kid in ONE possible ending of Command Slippy has like a fucking hundred in every ending

daily reminder that Slippy has more health than Fox in Assault because Slippy is 2 swole 2 control

daily reminder that in the SNES game Slippy had a baritone voice that could impregnate women with mere soundwaves of its resonant masculinity

daily reminder that in the Itoh comic Slippy stone cold kills a dude with a soup pot lid for interrupting his bath because the frog knows the importance of proper skin moisture care

daily reminder that Slippy has eyes that can look in two different directions at the same time and your can't

daily reminder that Slippy is a beast on the battlefield who shows NO MERCY

daily reminder that Slippy don't give  a fuck about authority you tell him to turn the music down he just throws a wrench and don't even care

daily reminder that Slippy literally built a goddamn TANK and SUBMARINE using JET PLANE technology as the base because the motherfucker had nothing better to do with his genius after mastering all known mathematics and science

• Like 3