Which series that deserves to have a crossover story with StarFox?

Koroshi

I was bored, so that's why I made this thread.

You can post any series that should have crossover fiction with StarFox series.

Phineas and Ferb: This should have a crossover story. It should be about Phineas, Ferb, and their friends teleports randomly to the Lylat System and they met the Star Fox team and now, they came to Earth. Which Cancade would tell mom about that are P&F are doing. And meanwhile, I'm not sure about Perry yet.

Gravity Falls: Of course, Gravity Falls' beating Phineas and Ferb on the same network they air GF. Think of the mysteries on that cartoons and you'll figure out how to write it.

Super Mario: I know there was two on fanfiction, but this deserves to have more.

Wreck-It Ralph: Yeah!

So any thoughts of any series that should have a crossover with StarFox?

Metroid

Riddick

These two, along with Star Fox, could be like "Battle for Terra" meets "Domino" meets "Star Wars".

Unless you're saying Aparoids = Flood I don't really see how Assault is in any way similar to HALO. And even then it's just relying on common sci-fi elements and in that case Shadowrun = Lord of the Rings.

I understand completely what you mean, but I am specifically talking about gameplay elements. No other SF game allows you to go from on-foot to Landmaster, or Arwing and back to on-foot again while playing missions. Not only this, but remember that Assault also features many on-foot weapon types, (even though most of the interesting ones were sadly only available in multiplayer). Sure, the gameplay is way too fast when it came to player movement to be compared to Halo, but the similarities at the time made the game truly feel like Nintendo's version of Halo. Don't forget, we are talking about 2005 here, so at the time Halo 2 was the newest Halo. The newer Halo games really are completely different from Assault in so many ways.

My answer to that question is in the Ultimate Story. I've been doing a Starfox crossover for over 15 years already.

Star Fox and Project ACES.

Simplicity itself.

Now the hard part is matching piloting skills of SF characters lol

----

In all seriousness though, Ace Combat games (usually) have an elaborate storyline (usually) having likable characters and (usually) awesome tech showcases of superweapons and original craft (usually) combined with the engaging gameplay.

Then again, we have Assault Horizon right guies?

If anything else, the other somewhat viable options would be crossovering with Star Trek and Doctor Who, because Timey Wimey Ball and Negative Space Wedgies make pretty much anything greenlit-justified.

(side note: I feel like this thread is better placed in General Starfox no?)

EarthBound, because they both have may similarities: Beatles influence, mechas as bosses, a few furries, and may this list go on!

You mean SF Assault done better?

Yeah, pretty much. Make the Arwing sections faster and the on-foot sections better. The GCN controller had twin sticks, so I don't see how they couldn't take a nod from other shooters for movement. The on-foot segments control like a game out of the 1990s, before you could easily control the camera and aim weapons.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty much. Make the Arwing sections faster and the on-foot sections better. The GCN controller had twin sticks, so I don't see how they couldn't take a nod from other shooters for movement. The on-foot segments control like a game out of the 1990s, before you could easily control the camera and aim weapons.

Interesting you should mention that. I found that the dual stick control scheme worked very well on-foot (with the exception of the A button being used to switch weapons), but the Landmaster controls were very clunky no matter what control scheme was used. I always hated how turning the Landmaster with dual stick scheme was entirely reliant on using the C-stick to turn your vehicle in another direction. I can't tell you how many times I would turn the control stick to the left or right only to find myself doing that useless strafe animation. The conclusion I came to as to why the controls were set up that way was because the Landmaster did not feature a 180 degree rotational turret, However, that said, I still think the Landmaster controls would have felt much better had they just gone ahead and made the switch to a turret rather than the standard "always point forward" cannon we see in the game. Let the camera angle be determined by where the canon was aimed instead of being dead center behind the Landmaster itself.

Wait, you could use twin sticks? And here I was just using the default control scheme with a Logitech F310 controller for my PC, which looks like a cross between the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. Either way, shooters using a single stick tend to suck ass.

I was always one of those guys who actually read the instruction manual XD Truth be told, I would have never known otherwise. Basically you had to go to create a profile (insert name here) that would save your individual progress in Story Mode and VS statistics.

(First of all let me say I thought this was a terrible idea to not force the player to make one when they first started playing the game. Even worse, the fact that the default GUEST profile does not allow you to change control schemes. I beat the first 3 missions before finding out about this. And guess what? I had to replay the story mode from the beginning after creating my profile, simply because the default GUEST profile story mode progress can not be copied into any of your profiles. /rant )

Anyways, Step Two: Within your options menu under your profile, you needed to select "controller". You had the options of default set up (hold R to aim), twin sticks (C-stick to aim while still being able to move. R button now becomes the shoot button when on foot, but A button remains shoot button when in Landmaster and Arwing), and R-run controls. I might be getting the name wrong for R-run, but basically that one allowed you to aim without holding R, however, you needed to hold R to be able to move around while on foot. Essentially it's the same as the SF64 on foot multiplayer controls except you can't move your cursor while running.

After setting this up, you will also notice a change in the in-game dialogue when one of your teammates tells you how to perform certain actions. Wow this is off topic now.... :lol: Sorry about all that!

Would anyonw interested in doing a Star Fox/Paper Mario crossover?

Very random combination.  Would be hard to do since they are very different setting and gameplay-wise.

Very random combination. Would be hard to do since they are very different setting and gameplay-wise.

Well, if we all collaborate in making a Paper Mario crossover story, we won't even tale that much forever to make a story. But I like I said before, it still needs more Mario crossovers with Star Fox.Maybe a StarFox edition of Super Paper Mario would be awesome.

• 2 months later...

I think the only plausible possibility would be Star Fox and Metroid. I dunno if it would turn out that great, but they're crossing Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem and it sounds promising.

• Like 1

Banjo-Kazooie is already mingling with Starfox characters in my story.