Original Stories, anyone?

AlGore'sleftshoe

Well, I'm just wondering; Are there any people on here writing any sort of original story, completely built from the ground up? if so I would love to talk, share and compare.

I'm currently working on an original story in the form of a Novel with hand drawn-painted visuals thrown in here and there like comic pages at times, and like big open shots at other times. *I will not share any of the work on here yet, perhaps not at all* I have four books planned, character designs, concept art, a complete setting, landscape design, environment layouts, character stats, some vehicles and weapons with schematics, and a basic guideline of how magic could work in scientific explanation.

Art: For characters, basically an anime artstyle that also familiarizes with comic-book styling. landscapes; fantasy-like, almost surreal, but built to look realistic. I'm still practicing with paint, I'm not perfect but I'm exponentially better than I was a year ago. I employ anthro-humanoid characters as alien species, but still related to humans, and I explain all that in my OS as to be different species of hominid, discussing genetics and evolution, because overly complicated fictional science is power. There are a number of other different species, including one that is completely asexual; they have no gender, but still resemble the up-right standing humanoid, even though they don't at all relate to humans.

Crossovers: me and several friends have a crossover planned that could fit our stories in the same Universe, sorta like super smash bros with a story that makes sense, but easier said than done, we're still figuring things out.

Genre: it's a bit of a mixed genre, but generally still sits at Science Fiction and Fantasy, post apocalyptic distopia, shonen anime esc, action adventure, fighter, futuristic tech and steampunk tech.

Ratings: with books and even manga ratings are complicated, but it usually states the general content level somewhere on the cover or inner cover, but I'll compare it to TV or vidya game ratings to make it simple. if on TV it is TVMA, movie: R-rated, video game: M-Rated.

Content: VERY Intense Violence, blood and gore, mild language, mild sexual situations, drug reference, and political likeness comparison.

Once again, anyone got any original stories? you don't have to give all that much information just share as much as you are willing, I wanted to give you an idea of what mine's like, but I also want to publish mine on a commercial level, plus mine probably won't be completed for 4-6 years at very least, at least not to the point where it is ready to be published, what about you?

Are there anyone on here that want to make commercial publications, cooperate on a project? discussion? Anything?

I've two in the works I co-author with my girlfriend, both historically set. One of them is superficially a deconstruction of pirate fiction and the golden age of piracy with a lot of world-trekking high adventure and religious mythology elements. Simple on the outside, complex and loaded with purpose on the inside.

The other is set in Venice during the 1820s. This one is loosely connected to the pirate story (descendants and relatives of characters show up here) and has a narrower, darker focus, emulating a sort of hybrid style combining Regency literature like Jane Austen with some Balzac-esque Realism and Gothicism too. Much more politically minded and focused around the Napoleonic Wars and their immediate effects on the European world set against a kind of supernatural suspense/thriller tale.

I also am working on science fiction stuff but I'm still fucking around like an idiot trying to figure out what my thematic focuses should be. Would also like to do a Steampunk (TRUE steampunk none of that GLUE SOME GEARS ON IT crap) or an American Western some day.

• Like 1

I've two in the works I co-author with my girlfriend, both historically set. One of them is superficially a deconstruction of pirate fiction and the golden age of piracy with a lot of world-trekking high adventure and religious mythology elements. Simple on the outside, complex and loaded with purpose on the inside.

The other is set in Venice during the 1820s. This one is loosely connected to the pirate story (descendants and relatives of characters show up here) and has a narrower, darker focus, emulating a sort of hybrid style combining Regency literature like Jane Austen with some Balzac-esque Realism and Gothicism too. Much more politically minded and focused around the Napoleonic Wars and their immediate effects on the European world set against a kind of supernatural suspense/thriller tale.

I also am working on science fiction stuff but I'm still fucking around like an idiot trying to figure out what my thematic focuses should be. Would also like to do a Steampunk (TRUE steampunk none of that GLUE SOME GEARS ON IT crap) or an American Western some day.

I can do characters *Better than my profile pic normally I promise* and paint/draw landscapes well, but still practicing, perhaps if you'd like I can do concept or promo art for you, in the summer time.

ergh I have a couple things on the go I guess

Fantasy buddy cops: the book

Alien regular cops in noir city: the tv show

Dude does a podcast about ghosts, ghosts end up being real: the podcast

greaser werewolf lesbians: the movie

also on the rise are a sci-fantasy western concept involving a ragtime bard, cactus people and a jade-hoofed horse with a rider that solves crimes, and a story about a depressed and potentially supernatural sea captain and the journalist assigned to his ship

this has not been an effortpost and these are all ridiculously simplified but w/e

• Like 3

I can do characters *Better than my profile pic normally I promise* and paint/draw landscapes well, but still practicing, perhaps if you'd like I can do concept or promo art for you, in the summer time.

Nah, my gf and I do our own character art. I'm not the best at it, but its suffecient. We know what we want our characters to look like.

greaser werewolf lesbians: the movie

Wx4C8HG.gif

• Like 3

imagine Grease, but without the music and with more scary and everyone is girls who are also werewolves

that's... that's the gist of it really

• Like 1

If everyone's werewolves, then why would it be scary, does everyone not know everyone else is a werewolf?

It's scary for other reasons beyond the werewolves. Also the protagonist doesn't really know wtf is going on

• 1 month later...

I guess I can share this, (OS stuff) its a rough sketch of a "Rebirth capitol" of a new civilization built over the ancient ruins of a very famous European city. generally a steampunk-esc city that acts as a beacon of hope for a civilization clawing its way back up to a stable government to bring about a lasting and true era of progression and peace with the help of an extra terrestrial alien colony hand in hand.

IMG_20150212_135218.jpg