I owe everyone an apology...

PieMan24601

So as many of you probably know, I recently made a topic about star fox 64 and a bunch of bad stuff went down. I ended up ruining something that could have been productive and interesting by not having better self control... If you dont know what I am talking about, basically I got offended for some dumb reason about opinions and because i am currently not in the best place mentally I reacted poorly and everything got out of hand really quickly.

It got so out of hand that it was all i was thinking about, i was so deeply upset (not by opinions or anything like that) but by my behavior and to be honest I was feeling a little bullied and attacked... but it doesn't excuse my behavior.

I need to apologize to everyone for making an ass of myself... I am currently going through really tough time in my life and for some reason i let it get the best of me. All that I stand for kinda flew out the window and I acted inappropriately. I wanted to make a final post to the forum to let everyone know how i feel so that i can stop dwelling on this, but unfortunately I cannot, so I will do it here.

I am SO sorry for anything and everything I did on that other post... its not like me to get that upset and I reacted very poorly.

Ever sense it started to go south I just have nonstop been worrying and stressing about the post, getting really upset and hurt because i f***ed up and was too stupid to admit it, and therefore caused everyone else to act poorly in response. I just want to make a final statement saying I'm sorry for calling people names and whatnot and over reacting. I cant get this off my chest and i won't feel better until i can apologize to everyone for being an idiot. I don't expect anyone to forgive me and i don't think anyone should forgive me, but i need to do this so I am not dwelling on this anymore.

I got upset because at the time i honestly felt attacked and bullied. I kept getting upset because of people's responses. My stupid reaction was to be an ass back to you guys. I made that stupid reaction because im not doing so well right now.

anyway im going to stop bugging you guys  and go do whatever, i just wanted to let you know so i could possibly try to make amends, and to just get this off of my chest so i can move on.

thanks for listening and i am so sorry for causing drama in this community. :cry:

• Like 7

I go away for a week and this shit happens

people

leave the drama and shit-throwing to me

c'mon now, you know how this works.

• Like 4

Hey. It's going to be alright. Forgive and forget. Nobody can blame you for defending your opinion. It's only human. 

With any consolation,  I hope you can forgive me for not telling you this earlier, but welcome to the Starfox-online community. 

• Like 2

Hey. It's going to be alright. Forgive and forget. Nobody can blame you for defending your opinion. It's only human. 

With any consolation,  I hope you can forgive me for not telling you this earlier, but welcome to the Starfox-online community. 

He's been here since 2012...

So yeah.

He's been here since 2012...

So yeah.

He said he didn't actively post so I'm not going to dredge on that minute fact. 

And I think, if any progress is the be made in the future we should quit with the active accusations, hmm?

• Like 1

Jeebus, guys; I come here because I trust things like this won't happen. Drama is for the TF2 community.

It's unfortunate you chose to lash out the way you did, however you cannot change what has been done.

Look to the future positives, and reconciliation can be found. SF-O is a nice forum to hang out on, and you may find an opportunity to learn our knacks. Anyway, happy posting.

• Like 1

It takes some courage to put aside your pride and admit your mistakes - it's an admirable thing to do at that.  I commend your decision and, while things didn't go entirely to plan in that last thread, there is always the future.  I hope that you choose to stick around the site and that any unpleasant external circumstances improve.  No hard feelings, especially since you've made an attempt at reconciliation.

Don't worry about the drama.  It keeps us all on our toes. :-P

• Like 3

So it's settled.

But Pieman, if you do something like that again, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger you who attempts to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am Arminius when I lay my vengeance down upon you!

*begins shooting*

Now now, let's not say things like that, Arminius, even if it is a reference/joke.

• Like 1

Now now, let's not say things like that, Arminius, even if it is a reference/joke.

Yeah yeah, I got it.

I read your thread to be sure that I understood where you were coming from, as I missed it, but yes, I also know that all too well. It's great that you're apologizing and willing to make amends though. That's always a positive step into the right direction.

And as somebody that has had experiences with forum meltdowns in the past, it really is far better off to post only when you're in a good mood without any hints of sadness and anger. I can only speak for myself though, and I know that my advice isn't for everybody either, but I hope it could work for you, because it has been a lifesaver for me when it came to forums. And aside from self control, discretion and reservation also make all that much of a difference and impact, at least in a positive way too. It's also really no wonder why keeping a cool head should also be the first priority when posting as well. Once you lose your cool, everything else pretty much goes away.

But yeah, from what I'm aware of, as long as you're sincere and are willing to make amends, I don't see why that should be a problem. If you also need to take a break, it's also sometimes for the better. That's what I do whenever I know I'm not feeling right on a forum this time around. I don't even touch or look at a keyboard at this point whenever that happens.

*I also forgot to state the following.*

There's also the fact that whatever you say on a forum not only sticks, but also sets the tone of the forum to both current members and newcomers as well. Ideally, members must also do their best to give the board a good impression as well. Reading Hidi's post also reminded me of just that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

I'm sure everyone has had a rough time in their life here and there. I know I have. The nice thing is to have friends who you can talk to and vent (privately, if you wish.). A community like SFO is good. Don't be afraid to befriend somebody and just talk if you need to.

• Like 1