What is your favorite Mario Kart game?

Guest Mr. N

Which of these Mario Kart titles is your favorite?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Mario Kart titles is your favorite?

• Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    • Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    • Mario Kart: Super Circut (GBA)
    • Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GC)
    • Mario Kart DS (DS)
    • Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Tough choice between the wii and the 64, but I'll have to go with the wii, played that one a lot more, but I will give my regards to 64, me and my friend spent hours beating the enemies in races using our technique of one of us destroying the enemies before they got near the ally. OF course When we played alone Wario somehow always managed to beat us every time no matter how fast we were going.

I like both Mario Kart wii and Mario Kart 64. One I can play with people around the world and the other is one that I grew up with and enjoy.

64 was my fav until the Wii title came out.Ā  All those tracks and characters, plus all the options pretty much pushed the 64 version aside like nothing.Ā  I'm a kind of guy who likes tons of variety in a game. :)

64 all the way....I used to go into battle mode and set the other players to move in a circle then pull the plug as I tried to kill them =D

But that made for one of the best shortcts ever!!! (Like one of those races when I was younger I had a huge lead on it and my friend just jumped ahead of me out of knowhere...I was likeĀ  O_o )

Double Dash!! All the way.

Haven't played Wii or DS, though.

I imagine I'd like MK Wii better.

MK 64 is really good, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I owned all the MK'S except the original. I just got rid of Wii because it got lame after a while and I already had everything unlocked :/

As for voting, 64 gets my vote, the very first MK I played.

Double Dash!Ā  I played it so much that I reached 100% in less than a week!Ā  I won't forget that game. :lol:

Why?

It appears in the worst possible times.Ā  It just felt like one of those unneeded annoyances that some MK tracks have.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm ganna go with the original SMK. Gatta love those flat Mode 7 perspective graphics. Plus it's the onley Mario Kart I've been able to beat all of the cups & circuits in.

My fave is the DS version.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, shame the GBA version so far doesn't have any votes. It's a pretty fun game on it's own to. (And marked the first portable MK game.) The Mode 7-style graphics make it li'l like the SNES game, but with a few things from the 64 version, as well. (Including the same character sprites from the N64 game.)

A li'l nerdy trivia, on the "Rainbow Road" course in the GBA game "Super Circuit," you can see Bowser's floating castle in the background from "Paper Mario." (N64) It cameos, because Intelligent Systems (makers of "Fire Emblem," and "Advance Wars") developed both games.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, shame the GBA version so far doesn't have any votes. It's a pretty fun game on it's own to. (And marked the first portable MK game.) The Mode 7-style graphics make it li'l like the SNES game, but with a few things from the 64 version, as well. (Including the same character sprites from the N64 game.)

A li'l nerdy trivia, on the "Rainbow Road" course in the GBA game "Super Circuit," you can see Bowser's floating castle in the background from "Paper Mario." (N64) It cameos, because Intelligent Systems (makers of "Fire Emblem," and "Advance Wars") developed both games.

I remember that. lolĀ  I also like how you can see the Luigi blimp from Luigi's circuit, when you race on Sky Garden.