Icyness

Icy

Hello, finally decided to make this, since I'm going to be more active now.

So to start it all off, I'm gonna show my sports side.

Tomorrow at 12PM, Bama will play Michigan State in the Capital One Bowl. Going to be a fun game.

It ain't the National Championship like this time last year, but it is a darn good bowl game. And we're all certainly very excited about it. Our arch rival may be in the National Championship but we don't care.

ROLL TIDE

That is all. :lol:

And in other, unrelated news, I got a PS3 a bit before Christmas, and I am loving it. :D

*kicks tower*

*puts on sunglasses*

Jenga.

• Like 1

How dare you, Milkyway. I have no time to build it again because the game's on now! :P

Anyway, already up 7-0 over MSU. Already intercepted a pass, already having lots of fun. Already know they're gonna win. :cool:

Anyway, already up 7-0 over MSU. Already intercepted a pass, already having lots of fun. Already know they're gonna win. :cool:

Yeah, but they still choked against Auburn by blowing a 24-0 lead when they were clearly the favorites.  Can you say overrated, like Ohio State?  :trollface: 

But then again, the entire SEC gets all the BCS favoritism nowadays...hence why it's a joke.  :?

The BCS is ridiculous, but Bama isn't overrated at all. They are way underrated.

I hated that in the Auburn game, but that didn't really happen in our other games the last two seasons. We may have lost 3 this season, but one was to Auburn, and the other two were legal, fair losses where the other team just beat 'em. ;)

Just now there was a pass + catch by MSU, then the receiver fumbled and Bama recovered and returned it for a touchdown. Was going to be 21-0 but the #%#%*@%#*%&% DAMN officials reversed the play when it was CLEARLY a fumble.

Just trying to give MSU a chance, I guess. Ugh.

EDIT: 28 to NOTHING at Halftime! Roll Tide! :D

• 5 months later...

Well, long time no post. :P

I doubt any of you know, so I'll say it…

I got a 3DS on the 13th. It's a lot of fun. Really.

Earlier today got Ocarina of Time 3D. It's even more fun! :D The 3D effect works very well with all the little things Zelda games have. The orchestrated music is amazing! Not to mention the graphics being all shiny and pleasant to look at.

I'm having a blast with it. ^^

Got a new computer last night! Finished setting it up and I can finally use it. (Yay!)

It runs things amazingly well. I can run Far Cry 2 on all max settings now. (Excluding resolution which I don't care about)

I can also play Bad Company 2 now. (On max) :D

It was a bad, bad, steal. I almost feel bad for buying it so cheap. :P

$300 for all of this: (The people obviously had no idea what they had, as I'd estimate this whole setup at close to $1000 dollars in actual value)

Dell XPS 630i with…

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-Bit)

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

4.00 GB RAM

688 GB HDD

Dual ATI Radeon 4850 Crossfire-Enabled graphics cards

And some things I didn't know I'd get…

Logitech S00003 Surround Sound Speaker System

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard

Microsoft Wireless 5-Button Mouse

19" Dell monitor (I'm still using my Samsung 19" Widescreen monitor, though)

:DDDDDDDD

Great to hear your state is doing great (hey that rhymed lol)! Nice a PS3? Id want to get one just play MGS4.

• 7 months later...

Annnd here we go again. The New York Giants are about to go face to face with the team they beat in the Super Bowl in 2007.. again in the Super Bowl, but this time 2011/2012. :D

It would be SO AWESOME if, since Alabama (college football) already won their national championship (2nd in 3 years) this year, if the Giants won the Super Bowl too. My two teams in the NCAA/NFL winning it all. :-)

Go Giants!

EDIT: 9–3 Giants! 2nd quarter.

^Yay!

Giants won, 21–17. SUCK IT, BRADY.

Maybe I will actually update this more often. *shrug*

• 9 months later...

So, uh, hi! I have one of these, yeah.

A lot has been going on lately. I love this time of year.

I was feeling really sick last week, hence my absence from SFO and Steam, but then I was like NOPE to that and boom, all was well from then on. :cool:

Last night was great. I need to talk to friends more.

Random thoughts...

I need to exercise more...

Upgrading to Unity 4 completely broke my project (this has happened before though so I backed it up first of course) so I'm installing 3.5 again. 4.0 has some really powerful new features, though, dammit.

Work on that project, by the way, is going very well. Or, well, was going well until I decided to upgrade to the new version... but it will be going well once again after I get back to 3.5.

Listening to Relient K. How did I not know of some of these albums...

Annnd my HDD partition storing Windows is losing disk space tonight, no idea why. Time to go hunt and fix it... as I do every week or so. ;_; I need to just install Windows again on C: for goodness' sake.

I need to exercise more...

Well that makes two of us. :lol: - Glad to hear that you're doing better though, and its good to see you back as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Delayed replies are fun! :D

Well that makes two of us. :lol: - Glad to hear that you're doing better though, and its good to see you back as well.

Heh, good luck to you then! ;)

I've made better progress now since I made my last post, so things are looking good!

So since we're about to enter the last month of the year (or of all time? :-P) I was thinking about what's happened this past year.

It's been amazing. I made some "New Year's Resolutions" last year and throughout the year I kept most of them but unfortunately failed miserably on some of the more important things. These past two months, though, I took care of that stuff, amazingly. It was crazy but it happened and I'm so glad I got it together.

The best thing that happened this year? I met a lot of people at once way back in January and I had no idea at that time what it meant. Not all of them stayed friends, but one of them was this girl I met through another person who I barely even happened to know. The circumstances were pretty crazy and I only now realize how lucky I am to know her now, and to be such good friends. I honestly have no idea where either of us would be if we hadn't had each other around all year.

So yeah, without any real details this is kind of a pointless post, but I kind of wanted to post this somewhere.

Basically, I am in a much better (like, literally a million times better) state than I was this time last year. It's amazing what all I've accomplished this year with the help of my friends, family, and my own hard work.

I'm expecting an even more amazing year in 2013 and of course, before that, an amazing month of December. Going to be one of the best I've ever had, that's for sure.

• 2 months later...

Soundtrack for writing this: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive, ABBA - Take a Chance on Me

Well, I suppose I should post here again.

As I already noted in my last post, 2012 was truly amazing and surreal, all year long.

December was awesome and I had a great Christmas and New Year's.

I've been working a lot lately (my game) and finally fixed a huge bug that was preventing me from progressing. The future looks very bright for it now.

January was awesome too. Got a lot done and saved up quite a bit of money for my PC upgrade... which brings me to the real point of posting here today.

I'm finally going to order all the parts I need next Friday. :D I can barely use this anymore. Done everything I can to try and save it but it's just practically dead. I think I've just used up all the life it had, heh.

But of course, I need to upgrade anyway. A better CPU, new motherboard of course,  and (new) more RAM + 64-bit Windows to take advantage of it. It's going to run just like I want once I get it all together.

So I can't wait to get it all here and set it up. This will last me a couple of years, not that I'll need it to... thanks to some things that will happen later this year. :-)

I'll write about those things when they happen, though, haha.

I'll post here more I guess. There will be some interesting things happening over the next few weeks and months so I'll have something to write about.

• 1 month later...

Time for my (regrettably) monthly entry!

Well, I got a new PC early last month. i5 3570k, 8GBs DDR3 1600, HAF 912 case, MSI Z77A-G41 mobo.

I didn't upgrade the GPU, but I plan to in the summer.

It is AMAZING. I didn't expect much of a gain in gaming performance, but here's a little comparison:

Team Fortress 2, before the upgrade, ran at 40fps average on 100% lowest settings.

Now I can run it at 100% max settings at 100fps average. Never drops below 70, which means I the needed 60, which makes me happy.

Used to run Battlefield 3 on 100% low at 25fps average. Now it's 65fps average on high.

All I have to do is upgrade my GPU later in the year, and I'm set for a couple of years. Needless to say, I'm a happy guy.

Anyway, quick recap of February.

Valentine's Day came and went again without anyone to spend it with, but eh..

I slacked off on game development last month, but a couple of days ago I got back into it. I'm making fast progress again, which makes me happy.

Overall, I had a fun month. Nothing much out of the ordinary really happened since my last post, so there's not much to talk about yet.

But there will be! Soon!

Can't wait for Tomb Raider to come out Tuesday, then Luigi's Mansion 2. Going to be a good month for gaming.

Anyway, until next time...

• Like 1

Can't wait for Tomb Raider to come out Tuesday, then Luigi's Mansion 2. Going to be a good month for gaming.

Anyway, until next time...

I'm looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2, also. However, I can't help but be somewhat skeptical if it will live up to its predecessor, what with Nintendo's games kind of losing their charm... or at least, that's how I feel about it.

I'm looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2, also. However, I can't help but be somewhat skeptical if it will live up to its predecessor, what with Nintendo's games kind of losing their charm... or at least, that's how I feel about it.

I think it'll be great. They seem to be putting a lot of thought and care into it. It was -announced- almost two years ago, so they've definitely done a lot of polishing in that time.

Anyway, I've been pretty sick the past couple of days, but I'll be back in action tomorrow.. finally.

I think it'll be great. They seem to be putting a lot of thought and care into it. It was -announced- almost two years ago, so they've definitely done a lot of polishing in that time.

Anyway, I've been pretty sick the past couple of days, but I'll be back in action tomorrow.. finally.

I suppose... I just hope that they don't add a bunch of, "Need some help figuring this out? We'll give you all these helpful hints!" :P I mean, Nintendo goes waaaay overboard with that now...

Being sick is no fun. Get well soon. :)

What did you come down with?

• 5 weeks later...

Delayed replies.. again. I need to stop doing that. ;_;

What did you come down with?

Some kind of stomach thing. Idk really. My whole family + some friends came down with it around Tuesday (5th of March), but I was back at 100% by Sunday.

Blegh, I don't even want to remember it. :c

Monthly report, haha.

March was awesome, as expected. Everything went so well and I got a lot done. That's really all I can say, since there wasn't any really exciting stuff.. Just.. everything I did, I did well.

Couldn't ask for much more. :D

Well, actually, one fairly cool thing did happen last month. I went shopping around the Flea Market here, looking for gaming odds and ends and of course, a Dreamcast.

Didn't get one there, but I got some games and figures and etc, then the next day I got a Dreamcast off eBay. Good deal. $34 for the version 1 model + some games, controller + VMU.

It was also being shipped from a city very close by and so I figured it'd get here in like 3 days or less. Boy, was I wrong. :-P

I ordered it Sunday the 24th. They didn't even ship it until the 28th. It got into my hometown on the 29th and then.. boom. Over the weekend it went back and forth between (city name) and (city name), back and forth. Back and forth.. back and forth. It didn't get here until the 5th of April. That. was. ridiculous.

Not the seller's fault, but USPS, man, come on, get your act together.

Annyway, I've got big plans for this month too, and will update when necessary. :3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Monthly update!

I saw Iron Man 3 tonight. First possible showing, but sadly, I didn't wear anything Iron Man-themed, but I did wear a Spider-Man shirt. :H

It blew me away. So funny. Very well crafted, and I would argue that it was more well-made than the Avengers. As good as that movie is, it just had a lot of problems, but they aren't that noticeable if you're not looking for them. But see, to me, at least, IM3 barely had any plot holes, amazing acting, and sharp, perfect writing. It was just amazing and the ending made me think and realize something I've been trying to figure out for a while. Tonight I fixed something I've been trying to figure out for years. Huh.

Anyway, I've been doing so well these past few weeks. My overall "living" has just been a lot better and healthier.

I've also finally started watching some Star Trek shows. The Next Generation and the original series, mostly.

So good.

Other than that, progress on various projects is going well.

To summarize this post in one sentence: I couldn't be happier and things couldn't be (much) better.

• Like 1

IM3 was great, I saw it on Friday and it was epic. I kept looking at the bad guy and was like WEYLAND. THAT'S WEYLAND. But you know. XD I'm a Prometheus fangirl. XD

Healthy living is always great, good for you. I can recommend some awesome foods if you feel like being adventurous. :D

• Like 1