3 replies to this topic

#1 The Green Fox

The Green Fox

CDF Sergeant

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDowntown Corneria City

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Recently plugged in one of em to my snes only to find there were flashing green and red lines on the screen, intstead of a game, no matter what game I put in. A fix for this?

#2 TGearfur

TGearfur

CDF Private

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWestern Ohio

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

if it was a power supply problem, the system probably wouldn't have even powered on. I have used a 3rd party power cords with SNESs before and all the ones I used worked just fine. Some got really hot, but worked just fine for extended periods of time.

#3 OneUnder

OneUnder

CDF Lt. General

• Moderators
  • 8,613 posts
  • Personal Text:...Permission denied.
  • LocationDefendant's Lobby 1

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

if it was a power supply problem, the system probably wouldn't have even powered on. I have used a 3rd party power cords with SNESs before and all the ones I used worked just fine. Some got really hot, but worked just fine for extended periods of time.

Exactly; all the power supply would do is give power to the console, your problem can possibly lie in the A/V cables, games, or system itself. 

#4 DZComposer

DZComposer

Slippy Fan

• Owner/Technical Admin
  • 6,967 posts
  • Personal Text:Ribbit! Thanks fer the save!
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

If the output of the adapter outputs the correct voltage and amperage, then you're fine. Electrons are electrons, there are no such thing as special Nintendo electrons.

They even make it easy as government regulations have required electrical devices with removable power cords be labled with their required voltage and amperage, and adaptors that change the voltage be labled with their output voltage and amperage.

Of course, nowadays, some vendors put a chip in the power adaptor that if the device doesn't get a signal from it, it doesn't power on. Not because of any real compatibility issues, but just so they can force you to buy their replacement adaptors (or officially licensed ones). Apple is infamous for this. But they didn't play those kind of shenanigans back then. In those days if you wanted to be a dick about power adaptors, you'd use non-standard, weird-shaped connectors (I'm looking at you, Cisco...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The content of user comments and posts is solely that of their authors.

StarFox-Online, it's staff, and it's owners are not responsible for user-posted content.

Star Fox, it's story, music, and characters are all ©1993-2011 Nintendo Co. Ltd.

Original Content ©2006-2014 StarFox-Online.