School food... is it as healthy as they say?

Salem

Okay I do know schools vary on health issues but let me say what made me think of this...

I practically live off of The Schools food (I get free lunch because I'm poor... so I don't go out to eat, it saves money)

I lost five pounds in 6 days.... how? well those 6 days where spent in a hospital, now I'm a skinny guy (for all that don't know) for me it's hard to lose excess weight.

I was bedridden that whole time, no exercise... so how did I lose five pounds... must of been the food.

SO, my question is... why can't or won't the school have the same menu?

.....and.....GO!

Let's look at the bigger picture here. Why were you in hospital? If you were battling an illness, then it's normal to lose weight. And hospital food... Let me tell you, I've worked in hospitals, and I've seen their food. It's the cheap, bulk-brand shit. They have a low budget and try to make do. So perhaps the hospital food was the unhealthy option here.

School menus are notorious for being full of crap, yes, but they still have to abide by certain rules and regulations. The schools over here are now pretty strict with what they serve.

Then again, regarding both... you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Let's look at the bigger picture here. Why were you in hospital? If you were battling an illness, then it's normal to lose weight. And hospital food... Let me tell you, I've worked in hospitals, and I've seen their food. It's the cheap, bulk-brand shit. They have a low budget and try to make do. So perhaps the hospital food was the unhealthy option here.

School menus are notorious for being full of crap, yes, but they still have to abide by certain rules and regulations. The schools over here are now pretty strict with what they serve.

Then again, regarding both... you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

That's a good statement... I was fighting off a cellulose infection.

and I think this is gonna be a bit tough to debate about since it dose vary on different places.

Ah see, if you have an infection to fight, your body really works at it. I would have been surprised if you hadn't lost any weight.

hmm... it could also have been the potassium in the I.V. as well.

(I think this was a weak topic to make :oops: )

Well... As you said, it reeeeally varies according to places. Regulations and standards are not the same in the US, the UK, in France, Spain, Italy, whatever. And even in the same country, depending on the wealth of the school, if they serve pre-made meals or if they cook things themselves, the quality varies tremendously!

So, I don't know what to say... When I was in low grades in public schools, it was... edible. Then in higher grades and private schools, it was way better. In the university/college, you have to buy it yourself, so... it's not exactly school food anymore, since you have the choice.

So well... :/

Well I think the debate on this subject is concluded... It depends on money/location :) . I think this can be locked now, that is if no one else has any thing left to say.