My place

sjrathbun812

Edit: This post has been removed.

If you're new to this topic, you'll see that in other places. I'm doing this for privacy and security reasons. Kind of funny that the introductory post is blank, but it's not like that throughout the entirety of this topic. So, if you care to, read away.

Got through the fire temple in Skyward Sword... it was fairly straight forward. I like how the gameplay works in that game, but there's just so much talking... I don't know. It gets a little annoying. Fi is pretty dumb, too. Usually she just gives you useless information. I don't need to be told my health is low... I'm always watchful about that. Sometimes it's nice when she warns you your shield strength is low, because sometimes I forget about that, but still...

I've noticed the game has been sorta going on a Zelink route. Eh, I don't totally mind... but things can get pretty corny at times. It'll probably get worse the further I get. I'm not much of a Zelinker. I kind of enjoy it, but it's not my favorite coupling in the series.

Um... I hope I don't sound dumb. I'm kind of a Zelda freak, so yeah. :hehe:

I think I should change my avatar... I've had it too long. :P

I think I should change my avatar... I've had it too long. :-P

That's like changing your face completely; everyone will build a different perception of you now! :lol:

I'm enjoying the read, though, and don't worry about sounding geeky about a particular video game series; we've got a whole bunch of other people like that IRL and on this site. :)

That's like changing your face completely; everyone will build a different perception of you now! :lol:

Yeah, everyone knows on SF-O irl you looks exactly like your avatar.

• Like 1

Lol, I know! Whenever somebody changes their avatar I don't recognize who they are until I finally bother to look at their name... and whenever they do I always imagine them to look like whatever the picture their avi looks like. :P

Little something happened today, too. My brother came home from work, and one of his co-workers left. Upon doing so, he left a fish tank in his office. Everyone else wanted to toss it, but my brother said he'd take it with him. So, he gave me the fish tank, and now I have it in my room. One little detail though. When putting the fish in the tank, we accidentally killed them. LOL, how fail are we? My dad is going to buy more, though. Poor little fish... :lol:

I think one of the best years is 11111001110... the year OoT came out.

Haha, someday, I'd like to learn more of how programing works. I don't want to be a programmer, but I think it's cool stuff.

I think I feel more comfortable talking to grownups versus kids. I don't know why...I guess it's because of the possibility that I might make a friend unsettles me. icon_lol.gif

Guh, to many video games. Headaches now ensue. ><

Got replacement fishies now. They certainly make a nice addition to my room. Lol, and yes, they're not dead... yet.

I seriously need to update my website. Hopeful give it a new, polished look too. If I spiff it up or anything I'll give the link to it.

O-o-kay...

A thunderstorm happened over here, and we didn't have electricity for most of the day. Three tornadoes went right by us and our neighbors. We had to go down to the basement where it was safe, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see them. Oh well. It would've been stupid to be looking out the window when they were going by, anyway.

Hail started to fall, too. Golf ball sized hail, to be exact. My mom now has a couple of significant dents in her car. Not to mention part of the house has got some holes in it. On the bright side, everyone here is safe.

News says the tornadoes continued on and flattened trees, tore up the road, broke a bunch of houses, and four people died.

Today was very interesting.

...I think I had a dream about ponies last night. O_o Dang it, I don't even watch that show. :P

By the way, does anybody remember The Adams Family? That show was ftw.

Salutations!

I can't decide if I like growing up or not. One minute I'm happy to be a teenager, the next I wish I were a Kokiri. (That may sound silly, but it's true.) When I was younger I never had to deal with periods, or eyebrow plucking, or any of that hodgepodge. On the other hand, I like being pretty... well, to an extent, anyway. I've almost never messed with makeup in my life. To much of a hassle.

But, I suppose that's what being a teenager is all about...

This may not mean much but I like getting my thoughts out.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. Sometimes, I don't care if school's good for my education. It's as boring as watching grass grow.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears I have to ramble again. :-P

Have you guys noticed the difference between now and Nintendo's good ol' days? Yeah, well I had a conversation with my brother today about it. Particularly on the Mario & Luigi RPG series. The first one on the Gameboy advance was incredible. The jokes were never forced, the difficulty was well paced, and the plot was overall entertaining.

But with their newest entry, Bowser's Inside Story, a lot of that has gone missing. You start out the game, and of course it's expected for it to be easy at the beginning. But it just doesn't get much harder. You're holding the DS and you're just thinking, "This is waaay to easy..." throughout the whole game. I mean a two-year-old could beat it.

Fawful, in our opinion, was way better as a sidekick versus the main antagonist. I mean... he used to be funny... clever. Now he isn't any of that. He's just... well, stupid.

Than there's the gimmicks... boy do I hate gimmicks. I don't care for touch sensitive things. Not really. It makes things less enjoyable. More annoying. I also didn't care for the side-scrolling when you're in Bowser's body. I prefer the top down view.

So when I didn't get as much enjoyment out of the game as I expected to, I was a little puzzled, because the ratings of it were around 9/10

Nintendo has changed... big time.

I have no idea why, but the first time I watched the Nyan Cat video... I was hypnotized. I kept clicking the replay button, lol. I think it was the tune... it's just so catchy! :-P But... why does the cat have the body of a Poptart? o.O

• 2 weeks later...

When I was obsessed with the Starfox series, I used to watch videos like these all the time. :lol: I was bored and browsing Youtube, when I saw this, and I just started cracking up. xD

Salutations again! I saw The Adventures of Tintin via Netflix.

Although I find the original comic books were slower paced, and there was more of a build up, the animated film was packed with action along with quite a bit of humor, rather then focusing mainly on the mystery. Think Indiana Jones, mixed with Pirates of the Caribbean.

The animation is hands-down brilliant. Even my brother said he "Still can't get over the expressions." I also realize that the characters you see from the books look more cartoony rather then the other people. The main villain, for example, is incredibly realistic, and I love how they capture the character's hair moving.

The music is downright beautiful. I always enjoy orchestral pieces, and this certainly fits Tintin.

Overall, Tintin is a very fun ride, and is yet another animated masterpiece in my eyes.

When I was obsessed with the Starfox series, I used to watch videos like these all the time. :lol: I was bored and browsing Youtube, when I saw this, and I just started cracking up. xD

I actually ran into that same video not too long ago, shortly before I decided to become a more die-hard StarFox fan and joined the forum lol.

On the growing up part you mentioned a while back, I have to agree with not being sure about it. I was talking to my younger brother and he was mentioning how it feels odd for him to be on the edge of "adulthood" at 18, and looking around wondering if he is ready to be an adult. I told him "Heck, you think I feel like an adult? I am sitting her at 21 and believe me I don't think some switch got flipped and I got all mature all of a sudden."

Sure, the world opened up a lot and showed me plenty of opportunities - but to me its a bit overwhelming/complicated sometimes trying to grasp it all. If I recall when I was 13, I had the same wonders about growing up. Keep your wits about you and try living life for yourself and you will be fine :)

Earlier, Drasina posted that topic about sex education, but I don't think schools are supposed to teach you about those types of things. That's what your parents are for. They're the ones who should teach you. I mean, it's hard to believe that there are actually some girls who don't understand what's happening to them by the time they reach puberty, and it's all because there mom or dad don't take the time to explain it to them.

That's actually why I'm happy that my parents don't 'shelter me.' I think if someone's kid runs into something like this--it could be sexual, it could be swearing--but whatever the case, now that they've heard it or seen it, you should explain to them what it means instead of just gasping and saying don't ever say that or where did you see that. Lol, and I suppose it also helps to have a curious mind. But who wouldn't be curious? I always end up asking myself, "Why" and, "How" all the time. Oh, and for the record, I know all about 'safe sex,' and abortion, and all that. But I'm not going to get into it.

And still, this gets me thinking about yet another topic: I view swearing as shouting. Some people do it to be funny, or for effect, and I believe there's a time and a place for it. But like shouting, if your just doing it in everyday conversation, it's rather impolite and irritating to some, and just because you're a teenager doesn't mean you can swear whenever you want. In fact, if a kid thinks it makes him mature, I actually think just the opposite. Just because you know a bunch of swears doesn't make you mature. It makes you a potty mouth. 

You made quite an interesting point.

I wish there would be more parents that don't "shelter" their kids.