Same sex marriage

Geo Stelar

We aren't going there, are we? How can you even COMPARE homosexuality to a group that wants the same as what's in your link?

I'm not comparing, I'm just saying that, I do agree with gay marraige, but in the end if it gets accepted, it may happen that many groups like those also would want their "right" seeing the opportunity that marraige became a little more open. And that it's important to establish the limits at the end.

• Like 1

The difference is, homosexuality isn't illegal. So it's up to the law to make sure that old men don't gain "the right" to love young boys or whatever.

With NAMBLA, It's about consent. A minor cannot consent to anything sexual, nor does a minor have legal competence to enter into a contract. It's a different issue.

Also, bringing up NAMBLA is a false equivalency. NAMBLA promotes pedophilia, which is not the same as the actions of two consenting adults.

But why are we even talking about sex? The topic is marriage. This is the biggest fucking strawman in this debate. The idea the gay marriage will lead to sexual promiscuity is patently ridiculous, as the whole idea of marriage is to be monogamous.

Almost every argument against gay marriage is fallacious. And that is because the opposition is not based on reason, but rather emotions of personal disgust and/or religious beliefs. These types of positions cannot be reached through logic and reason, as you have to commit, at minimum, an non sequitur, but most go beyond that to false equivalencies or straw men.

• Like 4

the last 3 pages of this topic has cleared my brain, I admit, lol :lol:

Well ok now. I don't disagree with gay marriage anymore. It's their decision, not mine,it doesn't affect me in a personal way, so what the heck?

However, now I don't agree with it but at the same time I don't disagree with it. <-- You may not understand that but maybe what I'm trying to say after all is that I just don't agree with it to the point of I won't do it, but I would ignore the others....

• Like 2

the last 3 pages of this topic has cleared my brain, I admit, lol :lol:

^^^ So much of this

These counters have chastened (more like bitch-slapped) my original disposition...you live and you learn i suppose

• Like 3

At least I think that, in the future, all of this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/faces-of-homophobia-around-the-world

Will look as outrageous as this:

02.jpg

• Like 1

backinthedays.jpg

I must speak ON A COMPLETELY PERSONAL OPINION on this. I tend to find that man kind wishes to be superior to another. First it was Race, then Religion, now Orientation. The sad part is, the fighting will never end, there are STILL people today who are racist against people who are not the same color as them. Men, still think Women are property. Women hate men because they feel they can do without. People hate Homosexuality because it doesn't go with the natural flow of life. When the day comes that an entire generation of children can be raised to not hate, means we have finally won our fight for peace of all. Sadly, for mankind, they have to 'hate' or 'blame' someone for their problems. Whites hated Blacks for trying to gain their rights to become equals. Hitler had the Jews taken into prison just because of their faith. Now people hate Orientation.

To speak on a religious view, again, totally IMO, No where does it say God hates homosexuals, he condemns those who try to do his job for him. Only God is allowed to judge someone for who they are, those who try to do it for him, or tell others how they are sinning, are in fact committing a sin themselves. God loves all his children, and did not create us to hate each other, or create any one of his children to be superior to one another. One quick opinion, those who feel it is their religious duty to speak against homosexuality, is in my eyes, committing some of the deadly sins, Pride (Self Righteousness), and Rage.

It gets bad because History is once again repeating itself in the name of their chosen God, and it will repeat again with another struggle. None will end without bloodshed.

• Like 3

To speak on a religious view, again, totally IMO, No where does it say God hates homosexuals, he condemns those who try to do his job for him. Only God is allowed to judge someone for who they are, those who try to do it for him, or tell others how they are sinning, are in fact committing a sin themselves. God loves all his children, and did not create us to hate each other, or create any one of his children to be superior to one another. One quick opinion, those who feel it is their religious duty to speak against homosexuality, is in my eyes, committing some of the deadly sins, Pride (Self Righteousness), and Rage.

God didn't say anything about gay marriage, but he DID say something serious about them:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081228012105AAU8sIx

Marriage or nothing.

She said one more derail, but I'll let her decide, or let you get back on topic, take your pick~

Well, according to the bible, gay marriage is okay. They just can't have sex after they're married, or before.

I don't really know what to think. I'm not gay, so I really don't think I should involve myself too deeply in matters such as this. If everyone thought that way, I'm sure nobody would think that much about gay marriage either. It's more of a "They're going to do it anyway, why stop them?" sort of thing really. There's no point in denying someone something on the grounds that it goes against your own beliefs. The Jews don't eat anything that's not kosher, does that mean it's illegal? Are they pressing the government to outlaw bacon? I didn't think so.

If someone had said that before, sorry, I heard a similar argument somewhere but I don't remember exactly where.

They just can't have sex after they're married, or before.

OpoQQ.jpg

• Like 2

I going to post a song that I think goes well with the topic. Now I'm not gay, and I know saying this isn't relevant to the conversation, but I feel it's necessary before I say this. Now during the song imagine your gay or lesbian, just think about it, because the song could go either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbcer3zlhME

Maybe this is how gay/lesbian people feel when they get married.

Post something if you think otherwise or have a comment.

She said one more derail, but I'll let her decide, or let you get back on topic, take your pick~

Eeeeh, I think this topic is done really, we just keep going around in circles. Maybe this is what happens when someone tries to pass a gay marriage law, lol.

This was fun guys, but we're beating a dead horse now.

• Like 2