Chatroom Problems

Hidi

It could use an mp3 button, play music and let other people here it

Because we especially want the chatroom to sound like a Call of Duty lobby, don't we.

• Like 3

Yes exactly.

Because we especially want the chatroom to sound like a Call of Duty lobby, don't we.

As far as the chrome issue, there isn't much I can do about that.

As far as adding sound features, I'm going to go with no. That will be more of an annoyance than anything.

I haven't noticed any problems with Chrome lately so there's no complaints from me.

I can assure you I'm 100% serious buddy.

As far as adding sound features, I'm going to go with no. That will be more of an annoyance than anything.

The Composer has spoken.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know if it's just me and a few people, but apparently there's a distinct lack of the SF64 'ping' sound when a message is received. Could you check into that?

Seconding Orb's statement.  I think we had a lot of people all reporting an issue with the sound.  

Sounds play once then stop.

It's a known IP.Chat bug. Will implement a known workaround.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really a chat issue, so much as an inquiry, but, would it be possible to implement something that lets you know who's in the chat before you hop in? Sometimes I just want to know who's in there without/before going in.

It happened again:

po65.jpg

#CSTART is 0 instead of 6 this time though.

Also Myu, if you scroll down from the Community page to the end, there will be showing who's using the chat.

Ya I keep getting the same problem Orbit put when I try to log into the chat room.

The chatroom is hosted on IPB's servers. If they have issues, the chat goes down. Nothing I can do about that.

Nice. Haven't encountered anything that couldn't be solved with a simple relog until now though. I'm in the chat pretty often. I'll report it here at once, should anything bigger ever occur.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I've posted that before too....but in a separate thread...maybe its the service itself that's an issue at the moment, and not SF-O related.

IPB license deactivated itself for some reason. I reactivated it. Should work now.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why, but IPB sometimes decides to forget that I have a valid license. It's annoying. Fixed again, at least until the next time it happens...

EDIT: IPB is aware of the issue. Apparently they have a bug somewhere in their license authentication code where if an install gets a malformed response from the server it drops the license. Nothing I can do but wait for a fix and re-activate each time it happens.