SFOCast Theater - Star Fox Act I: Desperado Auditions

DZComposer

Arashikage, you make a great narrator!

Here's my attempts. I chose to try out for the narrator, the Cornerian officer, and Phoenix's assistant. I may have taken a few too many liberties with the accents, but hey! It was fun as hell. My audio card isn't optimal, at least on the quiet computer in the house, so there may be some static, but hopefully not too noticeable.

Narrator:

1 2 3 4

Officer:

1 2 3

Assistant:

1 2 3 4

• Like 3

The officer sounds like Montgomery "Scotty" Scott :D

Kage: Yeah, you'd probably do a great leading man, try out for Fox, that way I can play Fara opposite you. >:3

Faisul: I love your narrator. XD

Okay, here's mine for Fara Phoenix:

www.dropbox.com/s/ynw7cdrevp0n546/Audition%20-%20Fana%20McCloud%20-%20Fara%20Phoenix.mp3

Okay, here's my Fox audition. Hope you guys like it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj5p3cp7uvvc6sa/Foxaud.wma

• Like 1

Okay, here's my Fox audition. Hope you guys like it!

https://www.dropbox....c6sa/Foxaud.wma

Awesome! Sounds pretty close to Mike West. ^^

The only suggestion I have to help make it better is to add some more enthusiasm into your voice. That way you could have a pretty damn good Mike West impression.

I might be able to contribute to this musically. I'm a fairly talented musician (semi-classically trained jazz/classical pianist), and I've been picking out some StarFox tunes on the piano lately. Currently, I've mastered the Space Armada theme from the SNES game, and I'm working on the ending/boss roll theme from that game too. Currently, I'm using a fairly old keyboard (2001 Kawai HS22, styled to look like a spinet piano), with a limited number of tones (17), but sooner or later I'll be upgrading to a fairly nice professional sized upright (48+ inches) or a nice, medium sized grand (around or below 6'), and a Casio keyboard to provide the extra tones. It's all kinda up in the air at this point. I'm also a whiz at audio/video editing, and have a knack for making things sound very alien, and for finding music that fits a situation.

If not, just put me down for one of the Lizard soldiers :P

On 11/6/2012 at 7:49 PM, Faisul said:

Arashikage, you make a great narrator!

Here's my attempts. I chose to try out for the narrator, the Cornerian officer, and Phoenix's assistant. I may have taken a few too many liberties with the accents, but hey! It was fun as hell. My audio card isn't optimal, at least on the quiet computer in the house, so there may be some static, but hopefully not too noticeable.

Narrator:

1 2 3 4

Officer:

1 2 3

Assistant:

1 2 3 4

Zzz

I might consider joining in. All I need to do is find time to record some lines.

I might be able to contribute to this musically. I'm a fairly talented musician (semi-classically trained jazz/classical pianist), and I've been picking out some StarFox tunes on the piano lately. Currently, I've mastered the Space Armada theme from the SNES game, and I'm working on the ending/boss roll theme from that game too. Currently, I'm using a fairly old keyboard (2001 Kawai HS22, styled to look like a spinet piano), with a limited number of tones (17), but sooner or later I'll be upgrading to a fairly nice professional sized upright (48+ inches) or a nice, medium sized grand (around or below 6'), and a Casio keyboard to provide the extra tones. It's all kinda up in the air at this point. I'm also a whiz at audio/video editing, and have a knack for making things sound very alien, and for finding music that fits a situation.

If not, just put me down for one of the Lizard soldiers :P

I don't think I'll need any musical performers at this point, but if a pianist becomes needed, I know who to ask!

Well, thanks :D

Ok I gave up on waiting until I got a new proper microphone. Noticed I don't even have the necessary adaptor for my old computer anymore, so I'll just record a first version of my auditions with my laptop and headset. Here goes nothing.

Edit:

AAaaaargh my nerves!

I can't get it right a single time. Not the one that goes according to direction, that is. I'll upload the one that is closest to "right". I'll get better quality once I was in the city buying 2 things.

Here is the first one, according to direction but not exactly my favourite.

https://www.dropbox....toramerican.wav

Then there's another one in my normal voice. I prefer that a lot, since I got it right at the first try.

https://www.dropbox....malnarrator.wav

Both for the narrator. I'll submit others later. Other roles I might audition for are the side roles, Falco (yes, an English Falco, who knows^^), Slippy, Mr. Pheonix.

A word of advice to those of you auditioning.

I have noticed many of the submissions don't follow natural speech patterns. Now, no need to read the lines at 90 MPH, but try to say the line as someone would actually say them. Try to avoid pulling a William Shatner and putting pauses in weird places in sentences or accenting words no one would really accent.

• Like 1

A word of advice to those of you auditioning.

I have noticed many of the submissions don't follow natural speech patterns. Now, no need to read the lines at 90 MPH, but try to say the line as someone would actually say them. Try to avoid pulling a William Shatner and putting pauses in weird places in sentences or accenting words no one would really accent.

Just so that I know, was I one of the ones that sounded unnatural?

Just so that I know, was I one of the ones that sounded unnatural?

IMHO, you definetly added the sarcasm :D

@DZ Actually the Shatner in my audition was intentional, because you wanted the narrator to sound funny... but in case of the characters you're right

Feel free to audition for more parts. I still don't have auditions for every character yet. I can do some voices, but I'd rather not do a bunch of them.

I still need:

- Peppy

- Slippy

- Pepper

- Andross

- Mr. Phoenix

DZ, wait some time for me. I would've done it earlier, but there's heavy, noisy construction here. I'll try for Pepper and maybe Mr. Phoenix

Doing an old man voice is kinda hard. But how old is Peppy in this universe?

Doing an old man voice is kinda hard. But how old is Peppy in this universe?

36. You could still give him the southern accent like in 64, just make him sound a tad bit younger.

Gotta love how he totally ignores my question. XD I wanna know if I need to improve.

Feel free to audition for more parts. I still don't have auditions for every character yet. I can do some voices, but I'd rather not do a bunch of them.

I still need:

- Peppy

- Slippy

- Pepper

- Andross

- Mr. Phoenix

Could I take on Slippy? (EDIT: I'm being stubborn and nit-picky about everything and I'm putting it off! :mad: )