Citizens from 15 states file petitions to secede from the US

Sideways

The way I view the Constitution, it's like a contract - if you follow the rules of the contract, you may continue to receive its' benefits, but if you wish to dissolve the contract you may do so and stop receiving the benefits thereof. I think that keeping states in the union against their wills is reprehensible morally. This country was FOUNDED based on secession from Great Britain, so the idea that talk of secession from the union is unamerican I find LAUGHABLE. It's also quite a stretch of logic to assume that because the Constitution doesn't provide explicit provisions for something, that it simply can't be done. It provides things that MUST be done and that CAN'T be done – it is not a document that allows only what is on its' pages to be done, otherwise we wouldn't be able to do A LOT.

Fana, I think you just articulated every thought I have ever had regarding secession in the United States. Not only does it seem hypocrticial to bar states from leaving, to me it almost seems like a denial of ones human rights. Now, dont burn me at the stake for being wrong since I'm not a history guy, but didn't the French revolution and its political philosophers conclude that it is the citizen's consent that allows them to be ruled. If for some weird reason a state really wanted to leave the Union and had the resources and popularity to do so.. isn't that their decision? Their choice to be governed by their own power which they choose?

I think that would be an important discussion to be had, for sure, if it was anymore than a relative handfull of butthurt Republicans wanting to secede and that the consequences of succession would not be beneficial to them at all.

• Like 2

Spain: Bitches please!

As if that's going to happen. It's way too comfortable to be American and all states are too lazy to war it up, You just need to look at Puerto Rico. (Which I doubt they're actually going to unite. Congress isn't that accepting)

If they finally accept them, you'll better merge states, It'll be easier, just like the Fairly Oddparents:

MrRight111.png

OH GOD PLS NO WE DONT WANT THEM NORTHERS TAKEN OUR BUFFALO! dem northeres try ta take our rights away

i cant belive how many idiots are going to seceede since Mitt-chan didnt win, it's plain retarted. yea they are both not the greatest but obama was the lesser evil, also he is atlesat trying to fix 8 years of bush . -.;

I think that would be an important discussion to be had, for sure, if it was anymore than a relative handfull of butthurt Republicans wanting to secede and that the consequences of succession would not be beneficial to them at all.

Well yeah, it would be absolutely stupid to do so, but they're big boys so they can split if they want to - and swiftly come running back after they've driven their states into the ground. XD

I know the mere idea of seceding is just a gesture of spite, but I honestly didn't think of that and a temporary secession for certain states would definitely help your general attitude. Not to mention the attitude of the respective state. There are some groups within your nation, that have the feeling they would be better than the rest, sometimes they even have the feeling they'd be better off without you. That's why they tend to get so excruciatingly cocky at times and completely block out any opinion or it's proof if it isn't the one world-view they indoctrinated themselves to.

Don't worry, no-one is ever going to go through with something like that. Far too many severe problems involved. But if they would, it might be a good thing after all.