SFOCast Theater Production Thread

DZComposer

So I just listened to the show and it's coming along really really well!  I can't wait to hear the finished project!

This looks good.Good luck with it guys;i'm rooting for you.

Thanks for the support I suppose! I'm listening to the audio clip as I'm writing this, and well, I can't help but silently laughing to myself. Another thing DZ, hearing your Peppy impression was definitely worth waiting for!

Also, I noticed now that I mispronounced "Cyro". Should I fix that? I'll be sure to make note of that anyway.

Was it really Cyro?  I thought it was Cryo XD

Either way, I'm not entirely sure an engineer would not know how to pronounce it

Bawh, I hate the way my voice sounds recorded. ;_;

I think the volume on my lines needs to be increased as well.

In the comic it is C-r-y-o. I doubt the ride was as nice for Slippy as Peppy imagined, considering the "Cryo" means "Cold."

If you want to re-record any lines, go ahead. Just be quick about it. I'm trying to get this mostly buttoned-up this week.

Ugh I tried to edit the post last night saying I would try and re-record today, but clearly my internet connection didn't last long enough to post it. So I'll work on that a bit. I apologize ahead of time if the sound quality is worse because I'm in my least favourite recording space, but it's the only way I'm going to be able to record, and Likely for the next little while.

For sound effects, a decent resource is flashkit http://www.flashkit.com/

They've got things like puches and kicks and stuff, although they like to save their things in MP3s.

I was also thinking, for laser noises (Like blaster shooting), do you have sounds for those? I remember a while ago when I was playing around with the Korg synth on the DS I could produce sounds that would remind someone of firing a laser blaster.

Hey, sorry for the double post, but I re-recorded the two necessary lines, and here they are.

Line 1

Line 2

• 4 weeks later...

An update: I am almost done with the sound effect. I just have to add a few more and then work on the music.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try ti finish it this weekend. Then Episode 2 time.

• Like 1

So, did you get the production finished?  I can record lines mid next week when finals are over.  Most likely around Wednesday or Thursday.  

I wasn't able to finish, but progress was made. I will work on it some more tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped the ball on this. I'm really sorry guys. It is still coming, I just need to get off my ass and finish it.

OK, I'm ready to call this done provided I got everyone credited appropriately.

http://www.dzcomposer.com/betamusic/sfocastth_ep1_RC01.mp3

Download

I think it turned out nicely. Using compressors really made it sound a lot better. The effects I put on the radio transmission and hologram also do a decent job at covering up the issues with the recordings. Though for future episodes, do take precautions against clipping and plosions.

Let me know of any issues and I will fix them.

• Like 2

Wow... just, wow...

Once again, sorry for taking this long on it.

Finally got the gumption to listen to it. It's so beautiful. ;_;

Except me, I'm like the weakest link in the whole thing. :P

Color me surprised that someone actually pronounced "Fana" the way I intended though, without me ever having explained it to them. Everyone seems to get it wrong at first. XD

I don't think I mispronounced it the first time

Alright, everyone minus Kage. :P

Holy crap I didn't notice this before but it seems my mic picked up my space heater... That's really unfortunate, and I will take extra care to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.  Also my mouse clicks at the end of each of my lines, blah!  I'll work on that.

This is the best thing ever.

Also, I will now permanently pronounce "Fox McCloud" as "Fucks McCloud" courtesy of the beginning.

• Like 4

No, the voice actors are out of character and have no tone or emotion!

Were you going to put this under the SFOCast page?

Holy crap I didn't notice this before but it seems my mic picked up my space heater... That's really unfortunate, and I will take extra care to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.  Also my mouse clicks at the end of each of my lines, blah!  I'll work on that.

Cutting out the clicking is pretty simple, since all you have to do is cut out the last little bit of the clip before you export it.