General Scales artwork

GeneralScales

Since I'm new here on SFO, I decided to start things off with a pic!

I know SF adventures isn't the most popular of starfox games.. but it was the first game of the series that I played when I was 10. And even after playing all the others.. it remains my favorite due to the nostalgia of it.

I know everyone on here (including myself)  is waiting and hoping for Nintendo to get their S*** together and make another game! And for the most part, the majority of the audience that still plays Starfox,  are probably the ones who grew up playing it as kids.  

In my mind that means to break away from the slightly childish set up of some of the games.. and make them a bit more, well.. "big boy".

With this in mind I re-designed General scales form Adventures just as a bit of fun.

General Scales artwork by General Scales, how quaint. Anyway, this is pretty good, a little bulky in some area's though. I think you should do some of him in his original outfit, that'd be interesting.

• Like 2

Ill give that a go, thanks

whenever people draw something I know they see it in their own light.. and this can blind them sometimes to obvious issues... Which areas do you see as a bit bulky? ill try slimming them down a bit and see how that looks , 

• Like 1

Its good, I like it :D

It reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker, how the characters legs are short and upper body is exaggerated a bit. The hood under the helmet is a nice touch and the soulless, evil eyes that are slightly covered. Nice job. :-P

• Like 1

I haven't colorized any of my new works yet. Did you use Paint for this?

• Like 1

The thighs, tail, and midsection mainly. It could be chalked up to the way he is standing or the armor, but those portions just kind of jumped out at me moreso than the other parts of the picture.

• Like 1

SNES: I did indeed use paint for this. I used to have photoshop before I left home, which was infinitely better at doing projects like this.. but that program is a tad too expensive for a me as a corporal to pay for.

3000: thanks. I thought scales was a good video game villain... but had an incredibly disappointing "final showdown". I don't even think you could call it that.

Nice work, especially considering that this was done in Paint. Pros to the texture and detail you put into the gum that connects the jaw, which in particular caught my eye, and the head in general. I agree with Shaper, however; Scales' torso, thighs, and tail are much to wide. They make him come off as fat, but only in those areas, which is a bit weird additionally if you compare his skinny arms to his wide legs.

Still, I'd give this a thumbs up! :yes:

Oh, and welcome aboard the forums. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly had no idea this was done in paint until you said so, Scales. You've done a great job, I love how he looks!