[Steam] Why my Games Library Seems to Have Disappeared?

Ori

Question

Very funny, Valve. So I log into my account, just to see that basically half of my Steam games library has vanished. Some are grey and ask to install (and I don't feel like downloading 260GB+ with the blazing top speeds of 125 KB/s), and others (most free-to-play games) have actually vanished. When actually they ARE INSTALLED IN THE FRAKKING STEAMAPPS FOLDERS. Yet still every time I try to run the .exe's from the folders, errors.

Tried deleting clientregistry.blob, login-logout, restarting Steam and computer, clearing old non-functional Source mods, and nothing.

screencapture001l.png

Anyone else experiencing this? Support would be appreciated. Yes, I sent Steam a ticket, but let's just see how more efficient the actual people who use the program are since Steam has the slug-fast two-week usual waiting time.

1 answer to this question

Did you install these games to different drives/library paths, as Steam now allows? If so, sometimes it gets confused (especially if you delete the config folder, but I don't guess you did)

To fix that you just try installing a new game and create a new library folder for it, tell it to start installing. Exit Steam, move all games to that new, now recognized path, open Steam again, try installing a game, and it should verify that the games are in there and not have to download anything.

If that's not the problem... I don't know, really.

Even if they are in the default Steam directory for games, try creating a new path anyway and moving them all to that, and try to get Steam to recognize them. It might work, might not.