To help try to even things out, here's the ONE good thing about Command.

Drewbz

Let's see here.

1) Everyone gets a unique ships.

2) Some ship designs are cool, such as the Arwing II.

3) Alternating paths return, Assault's lack of them left a sour taste in my mouth. 

4) The Titania mission, if only seeing the original team back together again.

I'm still not convinced.

This was a cannibalization off the unbirth carcass of Starfox 2 which is a better game. If they wanted to make a good Starfox game, why didn't they go back to the original and do more of that?

• Like 1

Personal ships Falco has some funny lines like "no! Bad wolf! Sit! Stay!" And "stay right there pigmy, imma make you go wee wee wee all the way home!"

I've still not been convinced of how bad this game is.

The storyline alone has me interested.

Don't know....I feel like this one is the most likely to make me cry......

Starfox Command is super cheap used on Amazon now. Perhaps that'd be the best way to find out.

Well I do have to say, the one thing I liked about it is that they bring back James Mcloud (if I remember rightly) in one of the endings. I was tired of the him-haw of whether or not he was alive or dead.

Wait...what?

350x197px-LL-1887dde5_wait_what.gif

Dat statement...

Although I don't like Adventures, I see it as just unconventional. I felt like I was playing Ocarina of Time (which doesn't sound that bad) but this was Starfox, a space arcade style tube-shooter turned RPG.

Command was a mess beyond messes, Ragnarok for the series if you will. We're at a time when Starfox's fate hangs in the balance because of this game and comparing it to any other game in the series even Adventures is wrong. I just a bad game. But however its there, forever branded the terrible one that will never go away. A stain on Nintendo's pants that you can't bleach out.

All "real" Star Fox games can be found over there, hanging out with the Scotsmen.

Command doesn't really get more points for being entirely Arwing-based, because it's basically Adventures if the game had been nothing but its horrible uninspired Arwing segments, forever, only with nine times as much terrible plot.

Are you guys forgetting Adventures was a completely unrelated game with Starfox tacked on for the sake of sales, right? It's basically the Super Mario Bros. 2 of the Star Fox franchise. That was my point.

And Command wasn't bad. Star Fox's story has always been terrible, well non-existent really. The original was just "go beat this floating head monkey dude", 2 did the same thing with expanded gameplay, 64 added the whole "your father was killed by this guy" angle, and didn't do much with it, and Adventures, again, was a completely unrelated game in the first place and they threw away Krystal's backstory and relevance to the plot. At least Assault added some good story, but Command was just the same old situation of game-play first, story afterwards, but still was more of a Starfox game than Adventures.

• 4 weeks later...

The original was just "go beat this floating head monkey dude"

Oh no, don't you dare dis the original Snes game in defense of Command!

Starfox (snes) was the foundation of the series and for how simple you make it out to be, it was just a prototype of what was to come. Command wasn't, it was supposed to be a continuation of the series that didn't live up to expectations and failed.

• Like 1

I still haven't bought Command yet.

I know you guys would probably be against it, but I think I really ought' to.

There's a thousand and one people here who would tell you not to. They have legitimate complaints, but those shouldn't stop you from trying out the game if you are interested.

The game's real problem was its controls. It came out during the "EVERY DS GAME MUST USE THE TOUCHSCREEN ALL THE TIME" phase of the DS lifecycle, and that really hurt the game because there was no way to play it without it feeling really awkward.

Also, a lot of us Star Fox fans hate the game's story so much that we let that hate overshadow the game's merits.

That said, the game was not on the same level as the first two games, but it did have its own merits.

The problem with Star Fox right now is that it has lost its identity. It went from an awesome arcade shooter to an overly-linear adventure game to a poor man's Halo.

I used to be against the idea of rebooting the series again, but as I look at what has happened to it, I see no better alternative at this point. Wipe the slate clean and start anew. As for the apperance of Krystal in any reboot, to be honest I just don't care. A lot of classic Star Fox fans hate on her because she symbolizes Star Fox Adventures, which was the moment Star Fox lost its identity. Her character itself has not been a negative really, so if they want to reboot the series and keep her in, fine. I also have no problem with going back to the classic team.

• Like 3

Go to Amazon or eBay...Find said game.....PURCHASE THE DAMN CARD!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to play through this (not on a DS emulator, I swear.  Not even Zoomer)

Is it true you have to steer the ship with the stylus, or is there a way, with some settings or on some platform, to play with a controller?  It's hard to make any progress with how hard I am laughing.

• Like 1