Will we do another BF1942 game any time soon?

Arashikage

I thoroughly enjoyed the BF1942 game we played back in November, and I was wondering if we would do another.  I think it'd be fun to branch out from TF2 every once in a while, get a bunch of SFO guys in squads and planes and tanks.  

For those of you who don't know, Battlefield 1942 is now free to play, has been for a while.  It's available on EA's Origin platform.  Unfortunately, that's the only way to get it.  But I don't mind using Origin when it decides to work, which surprisingly is most of the time.  We had a mumble server, I remember that much for voice chat.  The topic for it is still here, it's a pinned topic in this very subforum.  

I hadn't been notified of another one of these games, but hope that we can get some going, and if they go on, I can't wait to play.

• Like 3

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too !

The first time we played there were enough people to have some fun.

However, the last times DZ set up the server for bf1942 / Desert Combat, not a lot of people showed up. One of them it was me and DZ, the other time it was me Icy and DZ, and at some point my game crashed and it seems it locked up some system resources because I had to reboot later on to have it work again.

But, yeah, if we're doing this again, we'd better sign up some people one or two weeks before we actually do it.

• Like 1

I automatically volunteer for this escaped. However i advocate the Battle of Britain with the highest tickets possible with no AI for a fun time. El Alamein is also fun, but for a really really fun time The Berlin map with AI and Tickets at highest, as Arashikage can attest.

Despite sucking so bad I actually did have fun. If you do another game and I don't have any conflicting engagements I'll join ya.

Practically any time is a good time for me, so long as it's not, like, (hypothetically) next Friday, as I'm going to see a movie.

I love BF1942 and the game nights we had were pretty fun, but 3, 4, maybe 5 players... just isn't enough.

I'd love to do it again too. Problem is, every time we could get like no more than 4 people. Not worth the back-end effort.

For sure, though, if Lylat's Last Stand does end up with a multiplayer mode, I will throw a server up for that.