Pokemon: Generation VI

Geo Stelar

I wonder if Mew will be converted into a Fairy-type, if it's a thing? Seems pretty fairytacular as it is, I dunno

WHO CARES ABOUT TYPING THOUGH GOGOAT CONFIRMS THERE WILL BE MOUNTS

I HOPE MORE WILL BE MADE INTO MOUNTS SO I CAN RIDE A SAWSBUCK OR A SCOLIPEDE OVER THE LUSCIOUS PLAINS OF NOT-FRANCE

I hope the surf models happen to correspond to what pokemon you select in a way as well, and I'd really love to see walking pokemon return, as that's such a great feature, though I haven't seen anything hinting to that in promotional material.

Also, apparently Gogoat can only be ridden in a particular city. Supposedly, anyway.

Character customization has been confirmed!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49444/new-pokemon-x-and-y-details-new-region-named-plus-character-customisation-confirmed/

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :D

(Yeah, right, as if I have a 3DS -_-)

Character customization has been confirmed!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49444/new-pokemon-x-and-y-details-new-region-named-plus-character-customisation-confirmed/

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :D

(Yeah, right, as if I have a 3DS -_-)

not really true character customization if you ask me (you only change your skin and hair color), but it's a good start. Hopefully in the future we can alter what clothes our characters wear.

I heard a rumor that clothing could be changed over the course of the game. Don't know the source, just random Tumblr ramblings. I'd like that to happen, but it doesn't seem likely.

I heard a rumor that clothing could be changed over the course of the game. Don't know the source, just random Tumblr ramblings. I'd like that to happen, but it doesn't seem likely.

The official website said it...

Also in other news:

http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/12343178/

http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/12344439/

WPM, aka the Pokebeach webmaster, is a moron who says he has information but won't tell what it is so he can get more views on his webpage.

Quite sad, actually.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1368/71/1368711744382.png I mean seriously, how can one person be so idiotic?

Dude I'm sorry but who literally gives a shit that some sperglords on 4Chan are having a toddler-grade slapfight with a dude who owns a Pokemon site just because he won't post some leaked info and because he dare have the *audacity* to want people to visit the website he pays for and maintains? Let's keep the Pokemon updates in and stupid whiny baby drama out.

It seems that with Pokemon, the creators/ producers are just beating a dead horse  <_< .

It was great for about 10-12 years, but I wonder maybe if enough is enough?

Dude I'm sorry but who literally gives a shit that some sperglords on 4Chan are having a toddler-grade slapfight with a dude who owns a Pokemon site just because he won't post some leaked info and because he dare have the *audacity* to want people to visit the website he pays for and maintains? Let's keep the Pokemon updates in and stupid whiny baby drama out.

A. Who cares if it's 4chan?

B. The only one being a toddler and sperging out is WPM.

It seems that with Pokemon, the creators/ producers are just beating a dead horse <_< .

It was great for about 10-12 years, but I wonder maybe if enough is enough?

Oh how wrong you are. They aren't even close to beating dead horses, and it's still great.

Oh how wrong you are. They aren't even close to beating dead horses, and it's still great.

Back in my day, there were 151 Pokemon. Now there are going to be over 700 of them. Maybe its just me, but part of the charm about Pokemon in the olden days was how you knew pretty much everything there was to know about pokemon types and the kinds of moves they could learn.

While I highly doubt there ever will be a pokemon game featuring ALL the pokemon, I for one would love to buy it. It would add some spice to the battles, imo. Old school vs New School. Generation 1, 2, and 3 Legendary vs Generation 4, 5, and 6 Legendary pokemon. Although for that to really work, you would need to implemement some kind of battle where you could pick (12?) different Pokemon for each team....i think

And don't get me started with the trading cards. Back in my day, Pokemon cards had like 120 or less HP. Nowdays, according to what I hear, most attacks that the new pokemon cards have do as much as 60-70 damage?

Back in my day, there were 151 Pokemon. Now there are going to be over 700 of them. Maybe its just me, but part of the charm about Pokemon in the olden days was how you knew pretty much everything there was to know about pokemon types and the kinds of moves they could learn.

Yeah, and I know everything about Pokemon types and what moves they can learn for the current 649 + forms, and I expect to learn the next 100+. It's really not that hard.

Also, "back in your day"? I'm just a bit over a year younger than you, and my first game was Yellow, and yet I don't think there's any reason someone should say Pokemon sucks now when it's eons better than it ever was, and it keeps getting better.

While I highly doubt there ever will be a pokemon game featuring ALL the pokemon, I for one would love to buy it. It would add some spice to the battles, imo. Old school vs New School. Generation 1, 2, and 3 Legendary vs Generation 4, 5, and 6 Legendary pokemon. Although for that to really work, you would need to implemement some kind of battle where you could pick (12?) different Pokemon for each team....i think

Every game has featured all the Pokemon released to the point that game was released, though, so I don't know what you're talking about, because you can easily battle your Mewtwo vs. my Genesect (and lose because loltypedisadvantage).

And don't get me started with the trading cards. Back in my day, Pokemon cards had like 120 or less HP. Nowdays, according to what I hear, most attacks that the new pokemon cards have do as much as 60-70 damage?

I'll give you that, there is a power creep, but I feel it makes the game fast paced, which is good for a TCG game. Plus, if the modified (official) format allowed older cards, certain broken combos of cards would instantly win games.

I was just trying to be humorous Draco. Theres no need to go all out on me. Ignore my middle comment though...i was being stupid there.

But I was being serious when I said it doesn't have the same charm as it used to.

I was just trying to be humorous Draco.

Okay

But I was being serious when I said it doesn't have the same charm as it used to.

You dun goofed.

new gameplay vid of X/Y

Just a reminder that Pokemon Smash airs in 1 hour. The episode revolves around X and Y information.

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122287939-4523q87q.htm

Here is a link to a pretty HQ stream of Smash.

In other news, Pokebeach has released more "information":

1368901679398.png

Still calling bullshit since some of the information contradicts what we have so far and the fact that WPM's actions have been unfavorable.

EDIT: Well Smash showed a whole lot of nothing, as usual...

• Like 1

I remember the good ol' days when there were only 151 Pokemon.

6p.gif

Those were the days.

I remember the good ol' days when there were only 151 Pokemon.

6p.gif

Those were the days.

And there are now 649+ and they're all still great.

I don't see the point you're trying to make.

And there are now 649+ and they're all still great.

I don't see the point you're trying to make.

Call me old cos I can't keep track of them all.

Call me old cos I can't keep track of them all.

It really isn't that hard :1

(that doesn't apply to everyone though)

anyways:

Getting more and more excited about this :lol:

O rly?

For example: Do you have time to count all the aliens and planets that inhabit the Star Wars universe!? Is it really not that hard as you say or do you just don't care because you lost interest cos there are so many!!!?

O rly?

For example: Do you have time to count all the aliens and planets that inhabit the Star Wars universe!? Is it really not that hard as you say or do you just don't care because you lost interest cos there are so many!!!?

Chill, dog. That's not entirely an accurate comparison to begin with, since planets and aliens are all unique to each other whereas a large majority of the ~650 Pokemon are parts of evolutionary lines. We can decide, for example, to count Dratini>Dragonair>Dragonite as one whole, rather than three parts, and applying that to all the Pokemon cuts the number of things to remember down quite significantly.

But that's irrelevant. To you, I say this topic is for discussion of Gen 6. Yes, technically, coming in here and complaining about how there are too many Pokemon can be considered relevant, but really, what's the point? It's just gonna start a fight between the Gen 1 hipster and the Gen 6 enthusiast, and neither of you are going to budge.

To Draco, Snes and Geo have a point. Even though I just pointed out a way to make memorizing all the Pokemon a lot easier, and I agree with you that it isn't too hard to keep track of them all, that's not the case for everyone. I dunno if you meant to come across as such, but your responses to Snes have seemed a little condescending, like you're implying that since he has trouble keeping ~650 Pokemon straight he's somehow inferior to those who can. Maybe try to be more mindful of how you address people, and keep in mind that not everyone is going to share your opinions?

Keeping track of the pokemon themselves isn't that hard, beyond needing to keep track of the exponentially larger amount, but keeping track of the types is. Back in the day, Pokemon looks tended to match their type very well. First time you ever saw the pokemon, you could tell what it was 99 times out of 100. But then you get fuckers like this little bastard here.

618Stunfisk.png

This fucker right here. It's a fish, but it's not a water type. Oh no, it's ground/electric. But first time you ever run into them, you find them in water, and you see a fish. That type of shit I hate.

Keeping track of the pokemon themselves isn't that hard, beyond needing to keep track of the exponentially larger amount, but keeping track of the types is. Back in the day, Pokemon looks tended to match their type very well. First time you ever saw the pokemon, you could tell what it was 99 times out of 100. But then you get fuckers like this little bastard here.

618Stunfisk.png

This fucker right here. It's a fish, but it's not a water type. Oh no, it's ground/electric. But first time you ever run into them, you find them in water, and you see a fish. That type of shit I hate.

To be fair when I saw it, I thought it was a roadkill psyduck

Keeping track of the pokemon themselves isn't that hard, beyond needing to keep track of the exponentially larger amount, but keeping track of the types is. Back in the day, Pokemon looks tended to match their type very well. First time you ever saw the pokemon, you could tell what it was 99 times out of 100.

Explain Mr. Mime, Jynx, and the Nidoran lines then (really, please explain how you get Poison/Ground out of those appearances please). And those aren't the only ones, like the Exeggcute line having a Psychic typing for no real reason.

But then you get fuckers like this little bastard here.

618Stunfisk.png

You did not just diss Derpfish.