Killing Floor Server.

Dr. Orange

There's my server that we can use. I run it on my old pc. We never got issues with it before, besides everybody suddenly stopping playing KF.

Are we really gonna set up a Killing Floor server? That's gonna be awesome! If not, at least lemme know when you guys are playing. I'm on the SFO group on Steam. I play either Field Medic or FIrebug.

Ha!

I remember the days when Unreal coding and the .ini file codes made sense... or at least gave more info on what these zeds will look like.

I tested it about 2 days ago, and it works perfectly. We'll just need to see if people can see it from the outside of the network, but so far I've forwarded the needed ports and it can contact the master servers, so it should be good ! It runs on Linux as well ! Though, the freaking auto-update overwrote my custom compiled kernel... But in the end I doubt it would make much of a difference..

I doubt any of those DLC weapons are reskins. Remember how you thought they all were last year? Each one of them had unique gameplay.

That new bile gun.

At first glance I just imagined that he guy was killing gorefests by covering them in liquid shit.

I am going to enjoy these next few days.

Edit: Also that fix to 3rd person. Bueno.

Of course I remember and I won't be upset if I get proven wrong, but in this case...I really feel like the new Medic weapon is just a flamethrower reskin.

The description alone tells you it isn't a flamethrower reskin. One, it doesn't deal flame damage so it won't crisp enemies and isn't affected by the Husk's flamethrower resistance, but the Bloat likely isn't weak to it like he is to flame, and is perhaps resistant to it, but enemies will blame nearby Bloats for the damage and will redirect to kill said Bloats. I can see that being invaluable in a swarm situation.

It might be similar to a Flamethrower in that it's a stream based weapon that deals lots of small, continuous damage with a DoT after-effect, but that's about where the similarities end.

Even though I do not have this character yet, here is the preview of his new voice

"Premium" character all right...

That voice makes me want the character but I could never seperate from my true love, Steampunk DJ Scully.

Also, the new Medic weapon is pretty good, just don't get the purpose of the alt fire so much. I'm sure it has one, just haven't encountered a scenario that needed it.

Also, the new Demo speargun is great but it's not a close range weapon (since it doesn't stun/stop enemies and they just remain close to you) and a Siren can still disintegrate the spear when it's embedded in something. But the blast area on it seems to be pretty big, so it kills a lot of shit dead, and is pinpoint accurate.

Have not tried the ZED 2.0 and Seeker 6 yet.

One thing I don't get is why its a Medic weapon when it could be used by something like a Firebug when you can't even heal people with it

Probably because of the Medic's bloat resistance so he could be near enough to a bloat that it redirects the enemies onto it and it's not a particularly powerful weapon but it does kill lots of the weaker things dead. Most Medics take an off perk weapon to kill things since the Medic guns are mediocre at best at killing things, and this provides an affordable mass killer that can redirect enemies onto a walking tank of an enemy (since the bloat has really high body health).

Also, tried the ZED 2.0 and the rocket launcher, and the ZED is lackluster at best. It's smaller magazine capacity and 50 damage per shot makes even clots and gorefasts take too many shots before dying (though the alt fire energy grenade is great, not sure if it stuns scrakes and fleshpounds in a single blast though), and the rocket launcher doesn't do a lot of damage per shot, taking two rockets solo on hard from a level 5 Demo to kill a gorefast. However, they are target seeking rockets and you can fire all six at once, and I'm sure fleshpounds are weak to the rockets. Can be good for long range FP killing perhaps.

I am ready and my body is Reggie :P

Anyways, just let me know when you guys wanna do this and I'll get the server up.

• Like 1