Today's Nintendo Direct 3DS

Redeemer

I just finished watching, here's what I'm looking forward to:

Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros. to be released July 12th.

A NEW MARIO PARTY! With 7 boards and new mini-games, released this Winter. No mention of online multiplayer?

Super Luigi U, which is DLC for Super Mario Bros. U. Coming this Summer.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, just a port from DKCU. Has local co-op and is released May 24th.

Yoshi's Island 3D! I missed the release date due to a bathroom trip. XD

Earthbound? Being released as a Virtual Console title, very interesting.

Zelda, Oracle of Seasons and Ages, but I'm not too big a fan. Just glad that the calls of the fans are being answered here.

NEW ZELDA TITLE, set in the same time and world as A Link To The Past, in which Link can become a chalk drawing and walk on walls and other flat surfaces. That sounds like it can be quite fun.

Despite the recent hype caused by an online game store in Spain, there is no mention of Majora's Mask 3D, much to my disappointment. That's my favourite Zelda.

There are other games to be released, like Fire Emblem (sales on the Champoin packs too), Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario and DK, and a new Prof. Layton. There is also a new 3DS console to be released with the theme of the new Animal Crossing.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this news. Shame about MM, but there's always next time. :3

It might be a titch difficult to port Majora's Mask.  At least moreso than Ocarina of Time.  I had to get an Expansion Pack for my 64 to play Majora's Mask(Luckily the guy sold me a whole N64, telling me it didn't have an expansion pack, when really it did, and said pack was blatantly there XP).  Due to the increased amount of memory needed to run it, I would be willing to wager that there is more work to be done on porting it.  Hell, my phone doesn't even emulate it properly.  Majora's Mask doesn't run nearly as well on it as Ocarina of Time did.

I always knew that rumor about Earthbound never being released again because of copyright issues was a fat load of cat poop: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/earthbound-mother-2-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

But to the real meat of the topic, Link to the Past is getting a sequel! Guys I'm so frigging excited, LttP in my opinion is the best Zelda game and I'm happy to see a return to the old top down gameplay as I find it suits my tastes better.  http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-gets-successor-on-3ds/

It might be a titch difficult to port Majora's Mask.  At least moreso than Ocarina of Time.  I had to get an Expansion Pack for my 64 to play Majora's Mask(Luckily the guy sold me a whole N64, telling me it didn't have an expansion pack, when really it did, and said pack was blatantly there XP).  Due to the increased amount of memory needed to run it, I would be willing to wager that there is more work to be done on porting it.  Hell, my phone doesn't even emulate it properly.  Majora's Mask doesn't run nearly as well on it as Ocarina of Time did.

Yes I'm aware of this, I remember buying my expansion pack too, my dad bought me it and MM as an early birthday present that year. :(

Hey Deemer you want to lock the other topic I just made. This one didn't exist when I started it... 

Way ahead of you, I merged your topic with this one. XD

Yes I'm aware of this, I remember buying my expansion pack too, my dad bought me it and MM as an early birthday present that year. :(

Way ahead of you, I merged your topic with this one. XD

Thank you. Also this news has done something horrible to my sweat glands as I'm sweating waterfalls out of my pits...

I'm so eager to get my hands on Mario Party, I really, really, REALLY hope is has an online option.

Earthbound and Zelda! Ya know what? This decides it, I'm getting a 3DS.... as soon as I have the money.

• Like 1

I'd get a 3DS but I have never had the desire to get a DS again after the first one.  I still have a DS Lite after my first one's triggers broke(Nintendo SERIOUSLY has a problem with their handheld console's triggers).  In this case, it's more that I don't want to blow 160 dollars or so on a used or new console.  Especially because money is so tight.

Earthbound? It's about time! Yes! Finally I can play the game and not have to pay 100+ dollars for it! Finally! YES!

New Zelda? Awesome.

Though I wish it was Majora's Mask 3D. ._.

The new Zelda 3DS was announced way back in November 2011, yet everyone seemed to forget about it soon afterwards. :-P

I've been waiting for more details on it, and Nintendo didn't disappoint.

Coming out this year too! :D

Yoshi's Island 3DS looks cool. More Yoshi is never a bad thing.

Earthbound on VC, finally........

Great show by Nintendo, as usual. I am just astonished over here by the sheer amount of games they have announced in the past few months. It's really awesome, and I know they've still got plenty more to talk about for Wii U.

I hope E3 isn't just a "showcase" of sorts for all the stuff they've announced in their Directs. I really don't see how it could be, though. With Micro$oft and Sony showing off their new consoles, Nintendo will do their best to steal the show, that's for sure.

Come on, Retro's Project... C:<

• Like 1

Mario Party, Super Luigi and Yoshi's Island FTW!!

Wait..... no Starfox? :lol:

Really excited for the new zelda A Link to the Past 2, i really enjoyed the SNES version. If it's just as good as the snes version i might just have to buy myself a 3ds... What kind of bothers me is the turning into a drawing and the little stamina bar/Magic bar thing???, but who knows it might make it more challenging.

The US better freaking get the Animal Crossing themed system, I will buy the shit out of it.

Then, THEN, you will play with me.

And yes yes I know guys, the chalk drawing thing in the new Zelda is a little off, I'm personally not impressed with that. But hey, I'll give it a chance. I thought I wouldn't like Wind Waker and I was sorely mistaken.

Maybe it's just me, but the sprite work in the new Yoshi's Island looks really off-putting. Kinda looks like squished badly compressed 3d models. 

I don't see why people aren't liking the "Link drawing" feature. I think it's really cool! And it allows for some great and very unique puzzles. Every Zelda game has a little "gimmick" or feature, or whatever you may want to call it, and this is no different.

Really loving the way they're trying to make the 3D work in a top-down 2D game, too.

Sure, the drawing feature may seem unnecessary to some fans, and the 3D gimmicks and all may make people think it's going to be a gimmicky game, but I'm 100% certain it won't be, as Nintendo's never really done that before.

But then, I did enjoy Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, so my argument may be invalid to people who hate those games, haha.

With this and The Wind Waker HD coming out this year, plus a LOT more... this is going to be one amazing year for Zelda fans and even more so for Nintendo fans as a whole! :D

• Like 1

I was excited when i saw the Link to the Past sequel. :D The 2D link was offputting for me simply for stylistic purposes, while it would make for amazing gameplay puzzles, a drawing style doesn't mesh with me. I don't know why.

Also my lady friend and I are getting Animal Crossing together, figure we'd have some fun with that!