SFOCast Theater Production Thread - Ep2

DZComposer

Episode 1 will be posted to the main site soon, so if you didn't get a chance to hear it, don't worry!

Anyway, production on Ep. 2 will begin soon, but I need some more people auditioning.

RETURNING ROLE CAST:

If you played a part in Ep. 1 but are unable to play it in Ep.2, let me know ASAP.

CAST:

NARRATOR (DZ)

FOX McCLOUD (Arashikage)

FALCO LOMBARDI (Fedora)

PEPPY HARE (DZ)

SLIPPY TOAD (Hidi) - (Please tone down the stuttering just a tad this time)

FARA PHOENIX (Fana) - (Please try to put a little more emotion in your lines this time)

Gen. PEPPER (Fedora) - (Please don't actually chew on a lolipop this time. I know the character does, but it sounds like audio hardware glitching on your mic)

CORNERIAN OFFICER (Faisul)

Dr. ANDROSS (RennardFuchs)

MECHANIC - High Executor

FOX SR. - DZComposer

GANG MEMBER - High Executor

CORNERIAN SOLDIER 1 - Cage Blackpaw

CORNERIAN SOLDIER 2 - DZComposer

COURT-MARTIAL JUDGE - DZComposer

VENOMIAN OFFICER [Lizard] - Cage Blackpaw

HERBERT - DZComposer

Script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1edYmIhrt1DC88vDtDdeicrja4CZQhhGcSjvUeM3w1e4/edit

SPECIAL NOTE: This time around, recordings with excessive clipping, noise, or plosions will be rejected. These are not hard things to solve when you record, but are damn-near impossible to fix after recording. Watch the video here to learn how to fix them:

FILE NAMING CONVENTION

Please follow this file naming convention.

ep2-charname-clipnumber(4digits).wav

charname = the name of the character

clipnumber = a sequential count of recorded lines, in script order. MUST BE FOUR DIGITS. Use leading zeroes.

Example for Peppy's 17th line:

ep2-peppy-0017.wav

RECORD 1 LINE PER FILE

If you feel certain lines should be recorded in 1 file, ask me about it first.

File Submission

FORMAT

The files MUST be UNCOMPRESSED! That means WAV files! The final mixdown will be compressed. Re-compressing compressed audio reduces sound quality.

Submission

Use a file archiver to archive ALL lines of a character in ONE archive. If you are doing multiple parts, 1 character per archive file, please.

The archive may be any of the follow kinds: ZIP, GZip Tarball, BZip Tarball, RAR, or 7z. Anything that 7zip can open. If you don't have a file archiver, get 7-zip. It is what I use, so I will be able to open anything it makes. It is a Free Open Source archiver.

Naming Convention

ep2-charname.[ext]

charname - Character Name (Each character in its own archive, please)

ext is the file extension

Example for a zip file of falco lines:

ep2-falco.zip

Upload the files somewhere I can access them. Dropbox seems to have been the choice of most auditioners.

Remeber:

Try to sound natural, as if you were actually in the situation presented. Speak smoothly, with the appropriate level of emotion. But, don't talkt at 90MPH. Especially since Ep. 2 is made up of only 2 comic sections unlike the rest of the series.

• 1 month later...

OK, time to get going here.

I truncated the thread since most of those posts were irrelevant to the production.

Please try to get your lines in by 5 Jul 2013. That is the friday after next.

Please take care with your sound quality. Use a pop filter. Watch your clipping. If you know how to use a limiter, use one.

Please look at the recording tutorial video I posted. If you send me something with plosions, noticeable clipping, or background noise, I will reject it.

Please follow the format and naming conventions. I don't want to play hunt-and-find when assembling the episode.

I can do Court Martial Judge should you want variety. Sorry I never got an audition to you. Exams are finished Wednesday for me, then I'll be good to get some things done.

Made the Cornerian Soldier assignments less ambiguous.

I got a hold of some pantyhose, though unless there's some specific way of using an impromptu pop filter, I wasn't finding it much better than keeping my face away from the mic.

Court-Martial

I didn't really need the judge, but thanks anyway.

Also, if you have a part, please record your lines.

I'll record with the Shure mic than the original one if that's alright. 

That and I need to post to keep track of this thread.

This should be it.

If you need changes, I'm not going to be around for a week or so after Friday, and I'm also not guaranteed Internet access after this evening. So please be quick, if not, you may need to wait.

EDIT:

Things that should happen in this act;

• Fox Sr. needs a Duke Nukem voice impression
  • When General Pepper says "off time", It should be "bath time.
  • The Court Martial needs a redneck accent.

I'm having some internet issues so I may be a tad late in uploading my lines. Should only be a day late though if I'm lucky. Otherwise, I have them all recorded along with one joke line inspired by General Pepper Line 18. Happy 4th of July!

7-7-2013

So it was 2 days late. Sorry about that. I have the files and my internet situation is resolved now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moxsp0rhg5gbaky/Fedora%20GenPepper%201-2.rar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8xukmvj3fzj4c3/Fedora%20Falco%201-2.rar

Edited by Fedora

Thanks to those of you who have gotten your lines in.

I still need lines for:

Fox

Fara

Cor. Officer

Mechanic

Gang Member

Ven. Officer

Also, here is the list of lines that need top be redone:

Falco:

Line 22 (We have to stop them, follow me) - Clipping

Line 23 (Dammit.. Your ship... My plan... ) - Plosions

Pepper:

Line 2 (Black hole nothing but trouble) - Plosions

Line 11 (Andross had gone mad) - Clipping

Line 18 (Calm down.. Kncoking on the door...) - Clipping

Line 20 (all 4 Arwings) - Clipping

Line 22 (They survived the Black Hole) - Clipping

Yeah sorry about that. I managed to snag a new job and there's a memorial in a week for someone who died literally in my house (as opposed to extended family) so my brain has been in another universe. Will work on that ASAP.

If I don't get them in by Thursday, please kick my ass. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post.

Mechanic.

Gang Member

Two days early. Feel like a champion.

Tonight, I am going to start putting the episode together using placeholder lines. If you haven't yet, please send-in your lines and re-records.

Sorry for the double post.

Mechanic.

Gang Member

Two days early. Feel like a champion.

In the future, one line per file and I need you to follow the naming convention, please. It's in the first post in the thread. Since these are small parts, I can split the file but if you get a part in a later episode I will reject if you do this again.

Also, if you get one channel recording like that, please mixdown to mono so it doesn't only come out of the left channel.

Sorry dude, ASAP for me hasn't been as quick as I'd like. After the memorial I should be in a better position to finish my recording. I started but there was just too much to do. Very sorry. :(

Sorry about the naming. I though I left enough space between lines to show the split between the phrases.

Also, if you get one channel recording like that, please mixdown to mono so it doesn't only come out of the left channel.

When I recorded I got through both channels. That's weird. I'll look into that.

Sorry dude, ASAP for me hasn't been as quick as I'd like. After the memorial I should be in a better position to finish my recording. I started but there was just too much to do. Very sorry. :(

It's OK. That stuff totally comes before this.

I left enough space between lines to show the split between the phrases.

Problem is that the process of splitting the files takes longer than just recording each line individually. Unless you're using some very unusual recording software. It adds up when I am working with literally hundreds of WAV files.

I have just received word that Faisul will not be doing the Cornerian Officer part.

Since I have just opened the audition for Episode 3, I will mark that part available. Submit the audition to that thread, and you will get the part both in this episode and in episode 3.

Fuck me sideways, okay, I got them done. I'll be gone all week so any changes will have to wait for the weekend if you need 'em. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6zTrMX1uNc7MmxNM1lKaUxWUGM&export=download

Now that I'm back let me know if there's huge problems. Unfortunately it's hard NOT to get the hum of the ginormous and numerous jumbo-jet fans on my computer (okay, maybe not quite jumbo-jet sized, but still fairly large) but hopefully my voice masks it enough. I have my laptop back now so if sound editing magic doesn't work I can re-record away from my tower.

I hope my lines are fine.  I'm on vacation til the 9th so I can't do much about missing or bad lines.  I believe one of my lines I recorded twice.  I like the line I added to better but if it doesn't work for you that's okay.