It's happening...

Redeemer

Congratulations!! Hope you have a phrase book. There's nothing worse than a language using fucking case grammar!

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS RED!! :D

• Like 1

Thank you so much guys. :')

I'm doing my best to make sure I can get a job and stuff. I just bought a TEFL course to become an English teacher if all else fails.

Finally! :D

Does this mean you're going to stop talking about it?! :D

*slap*

But really congratulations!

You know what you should do first thing when you arrive.

f-jN3vH26NQ.jpg

I'm doing my best to make sure I can get a job and stuff. I just bought a TEFL course to become an English teacher if all else fails.

ESL people have a hard time with standard english as it is. Imagine them thinking your Scottish is the normal sounding English worldwide. Poor souls

• Like 1

You know what you should do first thing when you arrive.

f-jN3vH26NQ.jpg

Already made these plans. >:3

And thanks Psyche!

• Like 1

ESL people have a hard time with standard english as it is. Imagine them thinking your Scottish is the normal sounding English worldwide. Poor souls

Because there's TOTALLY a universal way of speaking/pronouncing English to begin with. XD

• Like 1

I'm a bit late, but Congratulations Redeemer!

• Like 1

Because there's TOTALLY a universal way of speaking/pronouncing English to begin with. XD

To be fair, I can get so Scottish, Xort had trouble understanding me. :D

And thanks Ala1n! :3

To be fair, I can get so Scottish, Xort had trouble understanding me. :D

Maybe not universal, but the less hyper-scot-infused-ESL-accented rants, the better.

• Like 1

the less hyper-scot-infused-ESL-accented rants, the better.

You're asking a bit much there, Harlow. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, tomorrow's the big day! I spend an hour and 45 minutes doing my nails for the event. Here's how they turned out:

1070060_10151758972160883_1559965197_n.j

I've tidied up the edges since, had to wait for them to dry.

It's to be really hot tomorrow, and I'll be wearing these huge, heavy gowns, baaaah. I'll post pics later. xD

• Like 2

A doubt. Is it really that easy to move around in Europe? How much paperwork do you have to actually fill in order to move to the other country?

A doubt. Is it really that easy to move around in Europe? How much paperwork do you have to actually fill in order to move to the other country?

Yes, part of the same EU you see, I don't need a VISA or anything. As long as I'm not leeching off their benefits, I'm okay to just pace myself and learn German. Of course, I intend to do that ASAP because I need a job before all my savings run out.

Also, check out mah super heavy gowns I'm batman:

32603_10151760699640883_798074599_n.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats Red!  I also graduated just a couple months ago so I know the sort of elation you get from holding the diploma in hand and tasting freedom (*cough cough* an 8am-6pm 5 days a week job freedom *cough*).  Though I guess you are also making another big leap in life by moving to a different country, so it's a particularly big week or two for you!

Again, congrats!

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah, being finally handed my degree was such a relief, I think I'll frame it and put it on the wall or something. Just so happy it's over! I move to Germany in a week. I have mostly packed, just got some other things I need to put in the suitcase. It's so heavy, I don't know how I'll manage. D:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Sorry for le double post, I just wanted to let you all know that the move was safe and successful. My suitcase ended up weighing 29kg, I couldn't even lift it because I'm so short! I could get it off the ground, only just, but I just didn't have the height to carry it. Thankfully, it had wheels and a pulling handle, so that made things a lot easier. A crazy thought went through my head as I was trying to lift it though - this suitcase was 29kg, and once upon a time, I was 38kg heavier than I am now. How the HECK did my skeleton handle that?! Doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyway, I flew to Birmingham and stopped there for an hour, then I transferred to Dusseldorf. My first plane was a little late though, and I had like, 10 minutes to grab a panini and a crazy delicious raspberry and white chocolate frap from Costa. I ate the panini super fast, the cheese was like lava, then I downed the frap and induced minor brain freeze. xD

I then had like, 15 minutes to give my mother a quick phonecall and go to the bathroom. I ended up freaking out a little because the flight screens said that my gate would open in 5 minutes - but it was like that for 20 minutes. The gate was finally announced over the tannoy, but I couldn't hear it because of all the buzz around me, plus the woman was cut off as she was saying the actual number. I had to go to a desk and ask, because the screens were still lying bastards and I was so stressed I could feel my hair frizzing up. xD

However, we were back home by about 11pm, and I'm just slowly unpacking my stuff and just chilling out. :-)

Same here, babe. :C Delays and near death experiences all night for me, too. The only reason I didn't miss my connecting flight (because my first flight out was over an hour late) was because it also got delayed. That connecting flights proceeded to have to turn around halfway through the flight because of mechanical problems, so what should have had me here in Leon around 9:30 didn't get me here until 11:45. I was pooped tired, Steve and I did absolutely nothing yesterday!

I'm glad your trip went way better than mine, haha.

Awww Sissi. D': *hugs* That sounds bloody awful. At least you're safe and sound, I hope you have an awesome time. :3

• Owner/Technical Admin

Congrats on your graduation and move to Germany, Redeemer! Best of luck to you. I hope to finish my degree sometime..