PMD Legends Of The Land Episode 2: Smuggler's Run

Clearwater

I hope you enjoyed the 1st in a planned 12 episodes of my fan-fiction, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Legends Of The Land.
Well, I'm as pleased as hell to annonce that the next episode is ready. May I, Neoware, present...

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
   Legends Of The Land

Episode Two
Smuggler's Run

Prologue
Shifting Sands

The Northern Desert, home to Mesprit, once the guardian of one of the 5 legendary Time Gears who lives under the dunes.
On the surface lies an unforgiving desert spanning on forever. In the daytime, temperatures could reach up to a scorching 150°C,
yet at night, it could drop as low as a cool 8°C. Many of the Pokémon retreat to underneath the ever shifting sands during the
day, only to emerge at night to hunt for food to survive. But, for 4 explorers, survival was not their goal here.

Footprints covered the desert in a straight line for as far as the eye could see. A figure, possibly human, jumped down a dune
with cat-like agility and slid down with his feet. Not far behind him was a chimp, with a fire burning calmly on his tail. Instead
of sliding down the dune like his partner, he simply jumped and landed gracefully to maintain his speed. To the side of him
was a gecko, who for some reason unknown to him, felt at home, as he jumped in and out beneath the sand like water.
Funny, seeing how he's a Grass-type. Bringing up the rear was a small blue penguin, with a neckerchief tied around her
mouth to prevent sand getting into it. Team Storm had been moving for close to 4 hours now. As James Quillinger, the
team's courageous leader started to slide down another sand dune, he accidently kicked his feet up, and thus, kicked sand
up straight into the chimp's face, who was right behind him.
''Ow!'' Yelled Chimchar, spitting sand out of his mouth. ''Damn it, James, be more careful, would you?''
''Stop complaining and move. We haven't got long.'' The team started to climb up a massive sand dune. As she moved,
Piplup looked directly behind her to find the moon ws starting to disappear below the horizon.
''Hurry up! We haven't got long till sunrise!'' She said to James.
''Come on guys! We just gotta make it up there and that's it!'' James replied, pointing to the top of the dune. As they climbed up
there, James tried to remember why he and his team were here...

15 HOURS EARLIER, SHARPEDO BLUFF

James was busy leafing through today's rescue requests and outlaws to be taken into custody. Seeing how his team was top-class,
they only took up missions that were ranked 3-Star or above, or missions that are too urgent to be ignored, whether they were easy
or hard. It was then that someone opened up a line on his headset.
''Hey James? You hear me?''
''Yup, loud and clear.'' It was Chatot, the head of intelligence at Wigglytuff's Guild. ''What d'ya need?'' He asked.
''Remember Magnezone?''
''Oh yeah, him.'' Magnezone was always asking anyone at the guild who wasn't busy to help them take down the outlaws posted
as wanted at the guild. ''What about him?''
''He wants to talk to you. He's down here at the guild.''
''Wonder what he needs... All right, I'm coming.''
''OK, see you there. Over and out.'' As James terminated the line, he hopped back over to his cabinet and opened it.
''I'll need this.'' He said to himself, pulling out his Explorer Badge and attaching it to his shirt.
''Right, let's see what Magnezone wants.'' He left the bluff and headed to Wigglytuff's Guild. After passing through security, he
climbed down into the guild and headed down into the 2nd floor down. James walked to Wigglytuff's office and knocked on the
door.
''Yup? Who is it?'' His voice from the other side of the door said.
''It's me. I heard Magnezone wants to talk to me?'' James asked.
''Yeah, he does. Come on in, door's open.'' James opened the door and entered.
''Ah, greetings James. It's been a while.'' Deputy Magnezone said.
''Hey Magnezone.'' James shook hands with Magnezone and looked around the room. ''No Chatot?'' He asked.
''Just after he called you, we had to send him out into the field.''
''Ah. So why'd you call me here, Guildmaster?'' James inquired, being formal.
''Have a seat. We'll explain.'' James grabbed a chair and sat.
''All right. You remember 3 years back, when you discovered the Time Gear in the Northern Desert?''
''Yeah, that was pretty complicated back then. But yeah, I remember it.''
''Ever since then, there has been zero activity in that region. But recently, we've been picking up reports from some freelance
explorers that a group of smugglers are using the desert as a base to smuggle Pokémon Eggs. Now, smuggling is bad alone,
but smuggling Eggs? That's easily punishable by death.''
''Now, we sent your friends Scizor and Starvia and a few other explorers from the Exploration Team Federation to establish
a base camp over there and monitor the activities of the smugglers. We've heard back from them, but the smugglers caught on
and they're under quite a bit of fire.'' Magnezone explained.
''We need you to help them out and take down the smugglers. It doesn't matter if you get them dead or alive.'' Wigglytuff said.
''Think you can help us?''
''Well, of course. After all, it's what we're known for.'' James replied.
''That's that settled then.'' Magnezone affirmed. ''Remember, dead or alive doesn't come into this.''
''I know it doesn't. What's the bounty on the leader's head?''
''With the attacks on the base camp increasing by the second, his bounty is increasing as well. At the moment, it's around
7000 Poké. That's even with the portion cut from what you usually have to give us.'' Wigglytuff said. James whistled.
''7000 Poké, with the bounty increasing...'' James repeated. ''And that's obviously if I bring him back.''
''Yeah. Well, depends. Although we do want him dead, we can pay you if you do bring him here.'' Magnezone explained.
''And we might have a little extra if you bring all the suspects back...'' He went on to explain.
''Say no more. I'll get prepped up and into the field soon.'' James got up and left. ''I'll radio in when I'm up at the camp.''
''Good luck out there, James.'' Magnezone said. James closed the door behind him.
''...7000 Poké and increasing, huh?'' He muttered to himself.

James shook what he just remembered out of his head and put his surroundings back into his vision.
''We're almost at the top! Come on!'' Treecko shouted, who'd ditched diving in and out of the sand and started running.
Finally, James and his team reached the top of the dune and stopped, gasping for breath. Piplup took off her neckerchief and
looked at the rising sun in the distance.
''Heh. We only just made it.'' She remarked.
''All right. Get some rest, we earnt it.'' James said, getting a bottle of water from his backpack and passing it around.
When he lapped up his share, Chimchar looked out onto the other side of the dune. He could see an outpost situated in
the middle of the desert, and that was the team's target.
''Remind us what we're doing here again, will you?'' He asked James. He sighed and got up.
''Intel back at base camp believes that there's a few eggs in that outpost. We need to retrieve them and find out where the hell
the smuggler leader is getting them.'' Chimchar tried to jump over the dune, but James stopped him.
''We'll wait a little.'' He explained. ''If there are smugglers already there, they'll see us easily. And 'sides, we need the rest.''
Chimchar sat back down and talked with the others, while James radioed in to Scizor.
''We're at the outpost and in position.'' James said.
''Good. Starvia and a few others are heading your way in case something screws up and you need to get out of there fast.''
''Uh-huh. What d'you want us to do, get all of the eggs?''
''That would be best, but if those smuggler's know you were there--''
''They won't. But those Landmine Traps scattered all around the area poses a threat. We let even one of them off, poof.''
''You'd better watch it then, James. Get those eggs and get outta there. I'm out.'' Scizor terminated the line and James turned
back to his team.
''All right guys, let's move.'' Team Storm headed up and over the dune.

Ha! This seems to me like a military operation! Good chapter, comrade. Not much I can nitpick over, other than a few misspelled words here and there (speaking of which, when james had everyone rest, you misspelled "earnt". It's "earned".)

BTW, I have a new story you can take a look at:

Looking forward to the next chapter.

--Star_Dragon

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the next chapter of my Spyro story is up:

Edited by Star_Dragon

Ha! This seems to me like a military operation! Good chapter, comrade. Not much I can nitpick over, other than a few misspelled words here and there (speaking of which, when james had everyone rest, you misspelled "earnt". It's "earned".)

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Well, you'll love the tense moment at the end of this chapter:

Chapter 1
Recovery Run

James and Treecko laid belly down on the summit of the sand dune they were on, looking down at the outpost. All they
could hear was the wind howling through the barren desert.
''Either it's empty, or the guys situated there are on patrol.'' Treecko suggested.
''Well, it's still best if we do this as quickly as we can. Hell knows where they are right now--'' James began.
''Hang on, there's a few Pokémon on the horizon. Lemme get a look at them...'' Treecko pulled out his binoculars from
his bag and looked through them.
''What do you see, Treecko?'' James asked.
''There's... a Relicanth, a Cacturne, maybe a Graveler... and a Dragonair.''
''Anything else?''
''Nah, that's just them... Uh-oh. They're heading this way, ETA maybe 10 minutes.''
''We gotta move. Treecko, stay here and keep us up to date on where they are. Chimchar, Piplup, come on.'' Piplup put her
neckerchief back over her mouth and started descending the dune.
''Watch for Landmine Traps. There's probably a lot in this area, but you never can be too sure.'' Chimchar remarked. Despite
that, the 3 of them made it to the foot of the outpost without any problems.
''Stay here Chimchar, in case something comes up.'' Piplup said. Chimchar sighed and stayed put. Normally, it was James who
told him what he needed to do. James didn't mind that though, as he and Piplup climbed up the ladder leading ino the outpost.

''Jeez... Cardboard boxes, containers... What are they doing here?'' James wondered. Piplup went over to a corner and opened
a box laying on the floor.
''There's our answer, James.'' She said through her neckerchief. ''Look what I've found.'' James walked over and Piplup took out
what they were looking for. Pokémon Eggs. And not just one, or two of them.
''Holy crap...'' James muttered under his breath, as Piplup pulled out the eggs from the box one by one. When there were none left,
James counted them up.
''24 Eggs?! I had no idea...''
''There's probably more around here. Let's keep looking.'' Over the next minute or two, James and Piplup turned the whole place over,
and found another 36 Eggs.
''That's almost 40 more eggs than what we expected. Should we bring 'em all back?'' Piplup asked.
''...Bring back 5 or 6, so that they don't know we were here.''
''James!'' Treecko shouted over James' headset. ''ETA 5 minutes!''
''We'd better get out of here.'' He and Piplup put the eggs they were gonna take into their bags and put the rest back where they found
them.
''Hurry up guys!'' Treecko said over the radio again. James and Piplup jumped off the balcony to save time and landed on the sand.
Chimchar saw them and sprinted after them. James got up the dune first and swiftly ducked under the other side. Piplup followed suit,
but when Chimchar squeaked James' name, James turned around to see that one of Chimchar's feet was sunk deep inside the
sand and he daren't move.
''You don't leave a friend behind. It's a team rule.'' James told the others as he, Treecko and Piplup hopped back over the
dune to help the poor Chimchar out.
''It's OK. We're gonna get you out of there.'' Piplup said. She then frowned. ''This isn't gonna be easy. He's got himself stuck in a
Landmine Trap. Man, he was lucky he didn't set it off...''
''What do we do?'' James asked.
''We're going to have to disarm it. James, dig where my foot is.'' James did so, until he felt something and promptly pulled out
to show Piplup.
''Tripwire. Just as I thought. This trap uses a tripwire system. When the wire here gets pulled out, it releases a small ball bearing
which then hits the projectiles inside the trap. And, well... poof. Chimchar's foot is too deep into the sand to simply pull out without
pulling the wire out, so what we're gonna have to do is--''
''Guys, ETA 3 minutes.'' Treecko reminded.
''Treecko, shut it. As I was saying, we need to find the cylinder where the wire is connected to, then cut it WITHOUT pulling the wire
out. James, dig where Treecko's foot is now.'' James turned around and started digging again. He felt a round cylinder and pulled
it out.
''Look. See there?'' Piplup remarked. ''Now, turn it upside down so that the ball bearing doesn't go into the trap when we cut it. Treecko,
think you can use one of your Razor Leafs to cut this wire?''
''Leave it to me.'' Treecko started cutting through the wire with a Razor Leaf that he keeps with him at all times, since it comes in
handy as a knife. All the while, he watched the horizon and the smugglers as they drew ever closer...
''Only 2 minut--'' He started.
''SHUT UP!!'' James, Chimchar and Piplup yelled. Treecko sighed and got back to work. His medical skills and his ability to wield
a knife contributed to Team Storm's sucess and fame, but his mouth can get himself into trouble.
''Come on, come on, come on...'' Piplup kept muttering under her breath. As James looked at the outpost and wonders if they'll
make it, he heard out of his ear that Chimchar was actually crying.
''Hey, it's okay. We'll get you out of there.'' He said soothingly to Chimchar. Chimchar was too choked up to say anything, so he 
simply nodded.
''Got it!'' Treecko annonced, as he split the cable in two.
''Good. Now leave the cylinder upside-down. Chimchar, you're free, get the hell out of here!'' James, Piplup and Treecko dashed back
over the crest of the dune. Chimchar followed them, but he didn't even take one step when he heard a small 'chink'. It only took
him a split-second to realize that he knocked the cylinder over. With one mighty lunge, Chimchar threw himself over the top of the dune
just as he heard a defeaning explosion behind him. 

He landed head first into the sand, and James ran over.
''What the heck just happened? Chimchar, you all right?'' After a small period of silence, Chimchar laughed and picked himslef
up off the sand.
''It's not funny, Chimchar.'' Treecko said.
''What?'' Chimchar asked.
''I said, it's not funny.''
''...WHAT?'' Chimchar asked again. Treecko exclaimed in disgust.
''The explosion must've rendered him temporarily deaf. This is something that'll go away on it's own.''
''Well, we've got the eggs. I'll radio in.'' James knelt down and called Scizor on his headset.
''Scizor, we've got the eggs. Mission accomplished.''
''Great work.'' Scizor beamed. ''Starvia and the guys should be here any second now to extract you.'' And on that cue, Starvia,
James' old colleague landed beside him and James terminated the radio line.
''Hey, Quillinger.'' She said.
''That's James...'' James sighed. Starvia always used James' surname. She said it's a habit, but James finds that hard to believe.
''You got the eggs, then?'' Starvia inquired.
''Sure have.'' Another Pokémon swept down and landed beside them. This time, it was Salamance. James rescued him from
Giratina's control about a month ago, and he still hasn't paid his debt.
''Hey there, guys.'' Salamance greeted. ''I see you've done a good job out there.''
''I know you're are member of the E.T.F, but are you really one to judge?'' Piplup asked.
''Ha, not really. Anyway, we should be going. Clamber on.'' Team Storm climbed onto Salamance's back.
''Ready guys? Hang on!'' Salamance took off and took Team Storm back the base camp, followed by Starvia.

Sheesh, that was one tense situation that the team got themselves into. They live to fight another day, I suppose (Well, yeah,
it is me writing it. :D )

• 2 weeks later...
And here comes the next chapter:

Chapter 2
A Form Of Protection

As James' team flew on Salamance's back, they recited what exactly happened while they were in the field.
''Man, you were lucky to get out of that one, Chimchar.'' Starvia said when James finished.
''He can't hear you, you know. The explosion made him deaf for a while.'' Treecko explained.
''So how're things back at the camp?'' James asked Salamance.
''They're still under a bit of fire. It's a good thing that they don't know about the rear entrance, so we'll go in that way.''
''Hey, Quillinger. You sure you aren't hot?'' Starvia wondered.
''Huh, you could say that again. At least you're lucky to have the wind blowing in your face to keep it cool. Hey, there it is.''
James looked down at the small camp that was made by the E.T.F to help catch the smugglers. Over on the west side was
the main entrance, where a small group of Pokémon situated there were launching Iron Thorns and Geo Pebbles on a regular
basis. Meanwhile, maybe about 250 metres out from the entrance on the burning hot sand was another group of Pokémon,
who were launching different kinds of ranged attacks and the like. Those must be the attackers, James thought.
''All right, hang on.'' Salamance said. ''We're coming in.'' Salamance started descending towards the rear entrance.
He touched down onto the sand.
''You go on ahead.'' Salamance said to James. ''I've got a patrol to do.''
''All right. See you at sunset.'' The team jumped off Salamance's back and he flew back up onto the hot sky.
Team Storm headed into the main square of the camp, where Scizor awaited them.
''Ah, there you are.'' He said. ''How'd it go?'' He asked Chimchar.
''What?'' Chimchar replied.
''I asked, how'd it go?''
''...WHA--'' Chimchar tried to repeat, but Treecko nudged his shoulder to get him to shut up.
''Sand in his ears, probably.'' Treecko falsely explained to Scizor. He didn't want Scizor to know what happened to Chimchar,
in case something bad happened.
''Hmm. You managed to get the eggs?''
''All that and more.'' Piplup said, as she took her neckerchief off and opened her bag, passing out the massive amount of eggs that
she and James collected at the outpost. Scizor's expression was a little shock.
''There's no way that was all of them. How many were there?''
''40-odd. We left a good few back at the outpost so they don't know we were there.''
''Well, we need to get all of them back at one point or other. You're probably worn out, so go ahead and get some rest in a tent.
I'll call you when you're on patrol.''
''OK, thanks. See ya later.'' As James and his team headed for the tents to catch some sleep, Scizor looked at Chimchar. He knew
that there was no way he became deaf by simply getting sand in his ears. He shrugged his shoulders though, knowing how they
can take care of themselves.

A couple of hours later in an orange tent, James woke up, but kept his eyelids shut. He knew that Scizor caught him awake, he'd
send him out there in an instant. But whether he really was awake or not, he clearly didn't hear someone enter the tent. It was
Scizor. He walked over to James' resting body and tapped his head.
''Come on, sleepy-head. Time to get up.'' He whispered. James groaned while keeping his eyelids shut, as so to make Scizor
think he really was sleeping.
''This is your wake-up call, James. Shift your butt.'' James groaned again and rolled over onto his back.
''5 more minutes...'' He murmured. Scizor let out a sigh, seeing how it wasn't any use. When he saw a pitcher full of water on the bedside
table though, Scizor sniggered. He picked it up and poked James repeatedly.
''Oh, bugger off...'' James moaned again, this time flicking his eyes open just a small bit and saw Scizor. Scizor smiled... And
poured the water onto his head, drenching him. James lept up, choking and gasping.
''Now, why the hell did you do that?!'' He shouted. Scizor let out a huge belly laugh, which woke the others up.
''What's with the racquet?'' Chimchar asked, which also confirmed that he got his hearing back.
''Sometimes, sleep is a good form of protection, but with the right tactics, you can get around it. Now hurry up. Don't be late.''
Scizor left the tent and James used whatever water was left in the pitcher to wash himself. Once prepped up, the team
headed out to the main balcony surrounding the base. James and the team climbed up onto the balcony.
''They're not gonna get us that easily, but if someone tries to make a break, get 'em.'' James told his teammates, before they split up
and took different positions around the balcony. About half an hour later, James passed 3 Pokémon which he didn't see when he first
got to the camp. As he passed them, James turned around and said aloud:
''Hey, don't we know each other?'' One of the Pokémon turned, revealing a female figure which James knew well.
''L...Lopunny?'' James stuttered.
''Well, what do we have here, ladies? It's James Quillinger.'' Lopunny said. ''I thought your team retired.''
''You mean SEMI-retired. We're back in the game. When was our last encounter... Aegis Cave, wasn't it?*1''
''Yep, it was.'' Lopunny was the head of Team Charm, consisting of her, Medicham and Gardevoir. The 2 teams know each
other well, but not well enough to be called close friends.
''So you were sent out here as well to catch those smugglers?'' James asked.
''If you ask me, the E.T.F screwed up.'' Gardevoir said.
''Why d'you say that?''
''Look around. The base was made in a fairly bad position. Sure we can see, but see what? All there is a load of crappy
sand dunes, and that stupid team of Pokémon is trying to get in there.''
''Now, now, Gardevoir.'' Medicham protested. ''Don't forget we're getting paid for this.''
''Ugh, you gals are in it for the money? That's just... ridiculous, coming from a team with the Master Rank.'' James said.
''Well, to be honest, we are pretty short on Poké right now. And 'sides, this is an honest way to get it.'' Lopunny reminded.
''True... So how much did the E.T.F promise you?''
''Honestly? 14000 Poké.''
''What the hell? Wigglytuff and Magnezone promised me only half of that!'' James exclaimed.
''Heh, well that really is too bad, James.''
''And too bad that Gardevoir thinks this is a dead-end job--'' An explosion knocked the 4 of them onto the balcony and 
cut their conversation short.
''What the hell was that?!'' Lopunny shouted, patching a line through to Scizor. James tapped in.
''Scizor, status report! What's going on?''
''Hostile Pokémon, coming through the back!''
''Dammit.'' Lopunny cursed. ''Those turds at the front were just a couple of decoys. And how did they know about the back?''
''I dunno.'' James replied. ''Hold the fort, Scizor, we're coming!'' James and Lopunny ended the call.
''Finally, I was itching some action.'' Medicham sighed with a little relief.
''You better watch what you say, Medicham.'' James retorted. ''You might get much more than what you wish for.''
The four of them jumped off of the balcony and headed to the other side of the camp to stop their attackers from getting a foothold...

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN... Cliffhanger time. And time for that event explaination:

*1: Some way into the post-story content of Pokémon Mystey Dungeon: Explorers Of Time/Darkness/Sky (You're starting to
probably think that these storys are based around only those games in the series. Well in the 4th episode, that'll change),
the human-Pokémon meets Team Charm, the only team with the Master Rank at that point in the game. Anyway,
after meeting each other, Lopunny and her team invite the human-Pokémon's team and the whole of Wigglytuff's Guild
to explore Aegis Cave and unlock its secret behind its doors. The two teams didn't meet again after that, so I figured bringing them
back in should please fans.

Oh, and a small question: Is it worth putting my fan-fic on Fanfiction.net?

• 2 weeks later...

That's up to you, comrade. I don't post my stories there 'cuz I get no answer.

All in all, a good chapter.

• 3 weeks later...
Blagh, better update this:

Chapter 3
Sun's Mirage

James and Team Charm ran as fast as they could to the back of the base, where hostiles were flooding in.
''How did they get here, Scizor?'' James shouted over the radio, admist the noise of the fighting.
''There's no way they just simply knew about this. Someone must've told them.''  James saw Piplup running to try and
get the gates closes to prevent the attatckers from getting any more of their ranks in.
''Someone, help me shut that damn gate!'' She shouted. Medicham K.O'ed her attacker and ran to help Piplup.
''Hey, need a hand?'' Medicham shouted to Piplup.
''What? M-Medicham?''
''Yep, we're here. This is no time for greetings though.'' Medicham ran and slammed her whole body into the wooden
gate which was swung to one side when the Pokémon burst in. The gate moved, but not by much.
''Guys, we need some help here! Anyone who has the Strength ability, get over here now!'' Meanwhile,
James had problems of his own. His opponent kept using Protect to nullify all the damage he takes, and resisted
James' every blow.
''Dammit, it's no good...'' But then, his attacker was KO'ed, from behind. It was Starvia.
''Thought you'd need some help, Quillinger.'' Starvia's Airial Ace move always manages to deal out pain, even against
Protected Pokémon. ''What's the plan?'' James looked around and asessed the situation. He saw Piplup and Medicham
struggling to get the gates shut.
''We're gonna have to stop any more Pokémon from barging in while that gate closes.'' Starvia flew over and gave Piplup and
Medicham a hand. Like that was gonna work, since she couldn't even move it one centimetre.
''Ugh, this is just stupid.'' James muttered, as he KO'ed another Pokémon and called Salamance on the radio.
''Salamance, where the hell are you? We need you back over here, ASAP!''
''I know, Scizor told me what's happening. I'm on my way.'' As James ended the call, Treecko and Chimchar found him and
ran over.
''Ah, found you. Man, how did this screw itself up?'' Chimchar asked, as the 3 of them ducked behind some cover.
''Blame the idiot who told these guys about the rear entrance. Piplup and a few others are trying to shut the close the gate,
but it won't move one bit. Salamance is on his way back from a patrol. He'd better hurry his sorry butt up...'' James lept out
from cover and threw a couple of Iron Thorns, KO'ing another Pokémon.
''Well, what are we supposed to do? Sit here and watch?'' Treecko protested.
''You really think that's gonna happen, do you?'' A voice said behind him. Treecko jumped and turned around to find Lopunny.
''Hey guys.'' She simply said.
''Lopunny? Jeez, it's been a while.'' Chimchar remarked.
''Heh. That it has. James, seriously, what the hell are you doing?''
''Waiting for someone.'' James looked up and saw Salamance fly over the base.
''Get down, now!'' He shouted, as Salamance unleashed Dragon Rush, clearing the area of the attackers in a flash of white. 
James and Chimchar were the first to get back up when the explosion cleared. Lopunny stayed down, in case Salamance 
used another Dragon-Type move. Lopunny always tries not to get tangled up in Dragon-Type moves, seeing how she's usually 
weak against them. James kept his head down and listened carefully. Nothing.

''Something isn't right...'' James carefully revealed himself from cover. All of the hostiles were down and out.
''James, you OK?'' Piplup asked.
''Fine over here.'' He carefully sidestepped all the dead bodys lying on the floor and climbed back up onto the balcony. He looked
around the area.
''Looks like all hostiles are down guys! We did it!'' Lopunny shouted to the others, and they cheered. But James wasn't celebrating.
He kept his eyes fixed on the sand. Something was moving underneath it, towards the camp. It was then that James realized...
''We're not even close to done! Get the hell down, now!'' James lept off the balcony just as it was smashed to splinters, as a figure
burrowed through the debris flying everywhere, like a bowling ball.
''What the hell is that?!'' Scizor shouted.
''Get back, unless you wanna get squashed!'' Treecko shouted back over the noise. They retreated to the tents, as James landed onto
the sand and went after the figure. As it smashed up the camp, trying to find his target, he was completely sure that his plan
would work.
''Don't know what you're playing with, do you?!'' Yelled James, as he jumped straight into the air and threw an Energy Ball, 
knocking the unknown attacker to the ground in a ring of dust. James landed and propelled himself back
up into the air, towards the figure. It jumped, and the two of them made contact. And in that moment, James saw what his
attacker was. It was a Pokémon, yellow skin, and claws for hands. The two of them grappled, and James kicked himself and
that Pokémon back. They landed on the sand, in their attacking positions.
''You. You're the leader of the smugglers!'' James exclaimed.
''Heh, that's right. The name's Sandslash. Remember it, furball.''
''Who are you calling furball, you little turd?'' James retorted. ''The name is James Quillinger, and don't you forget it!''
''Humph. That I won't. I'll engrave the name on your tombstone, just to be sure.''
''Shut up and fight!'' He and Sandslash entered combat. James held up well, but Sandslash was just too quick for him and he
knocked James down and knocked the wind out of him, diminishing his HP to under 25. Sandslash jumped and tried to finish 
James' life prematurely, but the team leader outsmarted him, and used Counter to bounce back the force of the blow straight
into Sandslash's head, knocking him right over the other side of the square and landed on the tiles with a sickening 'crunch'.
Somehow, Sandslash found the energy to get back up, but he clutched his side in pain.
''Don't bother. I've already won.'' James said.
''You'll never kill me, let alone catch me...'' Sandslash growled, as he jumped back into the sand and burrowed his way out.

James sighed in both relief and sadness, since he let his target get away, but he doesn't have to do any more fighting for now.
The others came out from their cover and approached James.
''He was their leader?'' Piplup asked James.
''He claimed that. The thing I'm trying to work out is whether to bring him back alive or dead. That is, if we can catch him first...''
''Did you see where he retreated to?'' Scizor inquired.
''He went north-west.''
''North-west...'' Chimchar repeated. ''That's near the Underground Lake.''
''So it is.'' Gardevoir said. ''What's our next move?'' James turned away and stretched his hands out into the air, feeling it with the
Aura inside his body.
''They're waiting for us; I can feel that. I can sense a trap... We should spring it.'' He and the group saw the vivid orange sunset
on the horizon. James didn't realize how the time flew by at the camp.
''We should head out there tomorrow and see what we find.'' Lopunny suggested. ''But we need to clear up the damage that
was inflicted here. Come on.'' All of the Pokémon and James started to clear up the camp.
'Something definitely isn't right here.' James pondered as he cleared up. 'Sandslash wants me to go there; why? Maybe
Mesprit knows something...'

Phew. Another chapter down.

*Attempting to upload Chapter 4...100%*
*Upload completed successfully!*

Chapter 4
Turning The Tide

James woke up with a start. Cold sweat was running down his forehead. Did he have a nightmare? He couldn't remember
it all that well... James sighed and sat upright. Chimchar, Treecko and Piplup (Who STILL had her neckerchief on) were sleeping.
This time, though, James couldn't blame anyone. He had insomnia, yet he managed to fall asleep. He tried his best.
James sighed, grabbed his bag and stepped out of the tent. It was still very early in the night, as the moon lit up the camp.
James started walking out of the rear entrance of the camp ( Since he didn't want to be seen by the guards around the front ).
''Hey, where you going?'' Lopunny's voice said behind him. James stopped.
''I'm gonna go see Mesprit.'' He said without turning around. ''She'll know something about this.''
''And you're going alone?''
''...'' Lopunny walked up beside James.
''It's not a one-man fight, James.'' She told him. ''Surely you've known that for a while.''
''That I have. But I don't want any of my loved ones to get too badly hurt.''
''...You serious?''
''I'm serious, Lopunny. Yeah I know, I need the help, but...''
''Go on. But what?'' James sighed.
''Never mind. You coming?'' He and Lopunny headed for the quicksand area in the north-west of the desert.
They soon arrived just as the sun came up. James had been here on a number of occasions, best of which he remembered was
when he and his team were looking for a Time Gear. The images flashed through his head; from when he discovered the hidden 
lake underneath the soggy quicksand... When he took a heavy lashing from both Mesprit and Grovyle... and most of all, seeing the 
area turn black and white as time stopped when Grovyle stole the Time Gear--
''James? ...James, answer me!''
''Huh? What?'' James opened his eyes and found himself lying on the ground.
''You spaced out, I think.'' Lopunny said, who was standing over James. ''Man, you're giving me déjà vu...*1''
''Heh, true enough.'' James picked himself up off the sand. Why does he always space out when he visits a location where a major event
happened? This wasn't the first time he spaced out, and he knew it wasn't gonna be the last.
James and Lopunny looked at the biggest quicksand pool. It was absolutely huge.
''Ready to jump in?'' James asked.
''When you are.'' She and James took a few steps back.
''3...2...1...Now!'' They ran and jumped into the quicksand pool, sinking rapidly into it...

The sandstone carved all around this area form a natural cave, which reached very deep under the ground to its lake.
James and Lopunny came flying down from above and crashed into the sand.
''Ah crap, that hurt!'' James pulled his head out of the sand and shook it around to get the sand out of his hair.
''Guess this is why Piplup wears a neckerchief.'' Lopunny said. ''Let's move.'' The two of them treaded carefully through the caverns,
keeping an eye out for Sandslash or any of his followers.
''So, tell me about Mesprit. How'd you two meet exactly?''
''Remember back with Grovyle, Dusknoir and the others? Me and my team headed here to confirm if there was one of the 5 Time
Gears hidden somewhere in this place. But Mesprit thought we were going to steal it... Ugh, the idiot.''
''Hey, everyone makes mistakes.''
''I know, but it's not very nice to jump to conclusions. We beat her down; we had no choice. Then Grovyle stepped in and 'stole' the
Gear.*2''
''Hmm. Come on, keep moving.''  The pair of explorers headed deeper into the underground cave.
''Hey... Isn't that... Yeah, it is.'' They'd arrived at the Underground Lake, where Mesprit resides. A deep natural water reservoir
beneath the scorching plains of the desert. This is a haven for those who live in the surrounding area. James' instincts were nagging
at him again, tellling him to go back. James and Lopunny walked to the edge of the lake.
''Mesprit? You home?'' Lopunny called out. No reply. Something was up.
''...Hello? ...Mesprit?'' James shouted. Lopunny gasped.
''James, over there!'' James looked where Lopunny was pointing. He saw a blue and pink figure struggling to get across the sand.
''Oh crap, Mesprit!'' She was down for the count. James and Lopunny ran over to where she was. James knelt down beside her.
''Mesprit, you hear me?'' James asked.
''Nngh... James...?'' Mesprit spluttered, looking up into his eyes.
''Take it easy. What happened?'' Lopunny inquired.
''Someone attacked me... he was too strong...''
''Who was it?''
''S...Sandslash... Please, help me... I'm right down at 1 HP...''
''Lopunny, give Mesprit something. Anything!'' James radioed back to base.
''Anyone currently on this frequency, respond!'' A few seconds silence, then someone connected.
''James?'' It was Chimchar. ''Where the hell are you?!''
''The Underground Lake. Get everyone over here now! Mesprit's in a critical state!''
''Mesprit? How could this happen to her...''
''Sandslash did this; he attacked her.''
''Oh, that conniving little--'' James cut back in.
''Look, get over here before anything else happens!''
''All right, I'll get the guys. We should get there in 20 minutes.'' Chimchar closed the line.
''I hope so...'' James muttered before turning back to Lopunny and Mesprit.
''I gave her a few Heal Seeds. But I haven't got anything in my bag that can get her HP back up.''
''If Chimchar and the guys don't come soon, we are so screwed.''
''James, behind you...!'' Mesprit croaked out. James snapped his head around to a burst of purple flames rushing at them. 
James instantly grabbed Mesprit and jumped out of the way.
''What the--''
''James Quillinger, was it? I never introduced myself.'' A dark blue dragon appeared out of the dark.
''Dragonair.'' Lopunny muttered.
''We knew that attacking Mesprit would draw you guys here. I was sent to finish the job. Send you guys back to the hole whence
you came out of.''
''I've got no idea what's in it for you smugglers!'' James shouted, with a hint of anger in his voice. ''You attack innocent Pokémon,
you break the law, y-you screw us all over - I've got no idea what's going on in your heads!''
''We're just simply servants of our master. And, heh, if me, Sandslash and the others are servants, then you explorers should consider
yourselves tools at best.''
''Was...Was that supposed to be a joke?!'' Lopunny screamed. ''Because we're not laughing!'
''Get him!'' James ordered, moving into his attack stance and jumping into battle with Dragonair. The advantage Dragonair had over
James was that he had the Dragon Dance move, which severely upped his Attack stats. But, on the flip side, James could
use any move he wanted. Dragonair was hopping all around the place, with James and Lopunny desperatly trying to find him before
they were hit.
''Do you see now how much better we are, James?'' Dragonair taunted.
''You might think that, but it's always your self-confidence that makes you lose!''
''Well, how are we gonna find him?'' Lopunny asked.
''Remember the old saying?'' James readied a Rollout. ''It's behind you!'' James suddenly whipped round to see Dragonair flying
at him with a Dragon Rush. Lopunny parried the attack for James, which left Dragonair's defences open.
''Take this!'' James unleashed Rollout, which inflicted heavy damage upon Dragonair, blow after blow.
''Back off, Dragonair!'' Lopunny said, as she finished Dragonair with a hefty roundhouse, which sent Dragonair flying into the wall
with a 'crunch'. Dragonair staggered, then dropped to the floor.
''Is he dead?'' Lopunny asked. James stayed in his attack stance as he slowly approached the unconcious Dragonair. James poked
him and saw him breathing.
''No, he's just knocked out.'' James replied.
''James, there you are!'' James turned around to find that the team of Pokémon from the base had arrived.
''Ah, good timing guys.'' Scizor approached Dragonair's body, then opened his mouth to say something. Lopunny cut in.
''He's one of the smugglers; we managed to K.O him.''
''Nice work. ...Hey, where's Mesprit?'' James gasped.
''Oh, crap, we forgot!'' They ran over to her.
''Mesprit! You OK?'' Lopunny asked. Mesprit looked better, but it was still clear that she she was low on HP.
''Treecko, think you can patch her up?''
''I'll try. Let's get her and Dragonair out of here for now.''
''Come on guys, move it!'' Scizor shouted. Treecko used Constrict on Dragonair to stop him from getting away when he wakes up,
then took Mesprit in his arms and walked back with the others back to the entrance of the cave. Piplup approached James.
''Hey, you coming?'' She asked.
''Be with you in a sec. Go on, I'll catch up.''
''If you say so.'' Piplup turned and started walking. James opened up a line on his headset to Wigglytuff and Magnezone.
''Guys, you read me?''
''Loud and clear.'' Wigglytuff's voice came from the other end. ''Go ahead.''
''Good news; we've caught one of the smugglers.''
''Oh, great work, James.'' Magnezone said. ''Bring him here and we'll send you the first part of the reward.''
''Hang on. Hold the line for a bit.'' James closed the current line and opened up a new one to Salamance.
''Salamance, you there?''
''Yep, it's me. Aren't you coming?''
''Yeah, just give me some time. Hey, could you do me a favor?''
''What d'ya need?''
''Grab Starvia and Dragonair and fly them back to the guild. That way, Wigglytuff and Magnezone can take Dragonair into custody.''
''OK, I'm on it.''
''Make sure you come straight back afterwards. You got it?'' Salamance laughed.
''Oh come on, it's Salamance you're talking to.''
''Yeah, well, I don't wanna have to dig you out of a massive hole again--'' James started to retort.
''All right, all right, you've made your point.''
''Fine then. See you when you get back.'' James said, terminating the line and re-connecting back to the guild.
''All right, Wigglytuff, I've got Salamance and Starvia heading your way with the smuggler.''
''Thanks, James. ...Oh hey, Chatot's back. Grab a headset; James is on the line.''
''...Hello? James, can you read me?'' Chatot asked.
''Yep, sure can. Where you been?''
''I can't really say, it was a bit of a private mission. How're things out there?''
''Going well, thanks for asking. Oh hey, Magnezone, forgot to mention: We've ID'ed the smuggler leader. It's a Sandslash.''
''Hmm.. A Sandslash you say?'' Magnezone repeated. ''We've had trouble with him in the past. Every time we corner him,
he ALWAYS gives us the slip. James, this is another chance to take him down. Find their base and cut them off.''
''Acknowledged. I'm out.'' James ended the call.
''I'd better catch up to the others. You're not getting away this time, Sandslash. This is your final break.'' James ran back to the
entrance to catch up with the rest of Team Storm.

Halfway through this episode. Now for those event explainations:

*1: All throughout Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, the human-Pokémon always had a habit of spacing
out whenever he and his team visited a new location which played a vital part in the storyline.

*2: During Chapter 11..? (I think it was 11) of Pokémon My-- Ugh, forget it, you know which version of the game I'm talking about.
Anyway, during Chapter 11, the human-Pokémon and his team were racing in the Quicksand Cave try and stop Grovyle ( Back
then, they thought he was the villain ) from 'stealing' the Time Gear. They found it before Grovyle did, but Mesprit, who protected
the Time Gear in that area, mistook the human-Pokémon for the thief and attacked them. They managed to beat back Mesprit,
but since the fight wore both of them down, Grovyle managed to avoid a fight and took the Gear from right underneath their noses.

You guys might have to wait a while for Chapter 5, since I'm working on a couple of other fan-fics for now.

• 2 weeks later...
etter update this fast:

Chapter 5
Thoughts For Friends

Back at base camp, James opened up the parcel he recieved not long ago from Wigglytuff and Magnezone.
It contained the first part of the bounty Magnezone promised him. Inside was 2000 Poké.
''What goes around comes around.'' He said. ''Here you go guys.'' James passed to Chimchar, Treecko and Piplup
500 Poké each.
''We sure are working hard together, right?'' Piplup said.
''Yep. Sure are. Even if we didn't do anything to help you and Lopunny catch that smuggler Dragonair.'' Treecko reminded.
''Course you helped. You help keep our team morale up.'' James heard the flapping of wings overhead.
''That must be Salamance and Starvia.'' Chimchar said. ''About time they got back.''
''Ugh, you don't have any patience, do you?'' Piplup grated on him.
''Maybe not... Let's catch 'em.'' The team headed to the square, as Starvia and Salamance landed. Salamance said something
to Starvia, then took off again. James approached Starvia.
''He's going back on patrol?''
''We don't want another suprise attack on us again, Quillinger.''
''I know. And please, that's James...'' He sighed.
''Oh, come on, we all have our habits. And guess this is mine. How's Mesprit?''
''Stable and recovering just fine.''
''That's good to hear.'' James turned to his team. ''You guys go do what you want, but don't wander off too far.''
''All right, see ya later.'' Treecko said before they headed into opposite directions. James started walking with Starvia.
''I... said some things I shouldn't have said those 3 years ago.'' He said as they headed for the balcony.
''It's true, but Wigglytuff once told me: It's OK to fight, 'cause we sooner or later make up. Even if it does go on for 3 years.''
''Hm, but mistakes and errors were built to last sometimes. And at some point or another, it comes back to bite you up the
butt.''
''Hey, what exactly did you do when we split up?''
''It's... Not really the kind of thing I wanna talk about.'' James rested his arms on the wall as he and Starvia watched another
vivid orange sunrise.
''Every day, I always make sure I'm up before this.'' Starvia revealed to James. ''So I can watch it in all it's glory. What about you?''
''Oh, well... Yeah, I get up every day too, to see them--''
''...You haven't, have you?''
''Well, that is if you don't count that time with Grovyle, and the whole matter with Cresselia and Darkrai before we disbanded.*1''
''I wonder where we'll go after this.''
''Bridges like those are made to be crossed when we come to them. Huh?'' Someone patched a line into James' headset.
''Call. One sec.'' James took the call and turned away from Starvia.
''Lopunny here. Mesprit wants to have a talk with you.''
''Gotcha. Be down in a sec.'' James ended the call and turned back around.
''Mesprit wants to talk.'' He explained.
''Well, shall we?''

James and Starvia headed for the tent Mesprit was in, and entered it. Mesprit was resting in a make-shift hammock while
Treecko checked her over for any injuries.
''You wanted to see me?'' James said to Mesprit.
''Yes, that's right. I need to thank you for helping me out back there.''
''Eh, it was nothing. We always help someone in need, right, Quillinger?''
''Huh? ...Oh, yeah.'' James muttered.
''Well, Mesprit's in a stable condition, but she needs time to rest.'' Treecko announced. ''I'll be off then.'' And with that, he left
the tent.
''Listen, Mesprit.'' James said, turning back to her. ''We need to know what you know about Sandslash and the smugglers.''
He requested.
''Well then, ask away.'' Mesprit answered.
''How long have you been after the smugglers?''
''Maybe a good few weeks. I felt back then that something was wrong in the desert, and I knew it was going to be something
like this.''
''You never caught them though?'' Starvia inquired.
''They always outran me, no matter where I chased them. This is embarrasing, them beating me on my home ground...
They were like flies around my soup, and no matter how many times I swatted them, they always came back. Then...
Well, I became a fly to them, and Sandlash attacked me directly. As you saw my shattered condition.''
''Hmm. Mesprit, do you know when the smugglers are getting their next consignment of Eggs?''
''Tomorrow evening, in the village ruins up north.''
''There's no way across the massive dunes on-foot. They're way too steep, and I'm no flying in that heat for ages...'' Protested
Starvia.
''It's a good thing Sandslash doesn't know about this. Back at the Underground Lake, there's a tunnel which goes straight to
the village. If you stay on the move, you can get there in the best part of 6 hours.'' Mesprit revealed.
''Thanks for the tip-off.'' James thanked Mesprit, before calling everyone in the camp on his headset.
''Guyes, you read me? Mesprit's just gave us a massive advantage. Tomorrow at dusk, Sandslash is getting another load
of Eggs; there's a tunnel underneath the lake she lives in which comes out right where we went them to be.''
''Nice work, James.'' Scizor said.
''Problem though. We'll only get there in time if we go to the lake at sunset. And if we're gonna do that... Scizor, permission
to clear up the camp?''
''...All right, guys, pack everything up in the camp.'' Scizor ordered. Lopunny came in on the radio.
''I heard your plan, James. Me and the girls our putting our faith in you, so don't screw the whole thing up. Promise?''
''If you insist... I promise.''
''Good. I'm out.'' James terminated the line when Lopunny cut out.
''If you tried to come along with us, you'd only slow us down. I'm gonna call Salamance, he'll take you back to the guild.''
''Fine with me. Please... get those smugglers.'' James nodded.
''It's part of our job.'' James patched Salamance.
''Hello? Salamance here.''
''Hey it's me. Sorry to bother you, but we need Mesprit to get back to the guild. Can you help a friend out?''
''Yeah, sure. I'll be down in sec.''
''All right.'' James terminated the line and connected one more time - this time, back to Wigglytuff.
''Wigglytuff here. Go ahead.''
''Hey, it's me. Great news, we've cornered the smugglers. If we can KO all of them, it'll be mission accomplished.''
''That it will be.''
''Oh hey, listen. We're packing up the camp, so Salamance and Mesprit are heading your way in a bit. She's still not fit$
enough for combat, so we've decided to bring her to you.''
''Hey, Quillinger, you done yapping?'' Starvia grated on him.
''Almost, just hang on...''
''OK, we'll take care of what we've got to do here, you go do what you need to do.''
''Got it. I'm out.'' James terminated the line and turned back to Starvia.
''You still awake?'' James laughed at her.
''Well, seeing how my eyelids are still open, and it's only the morning, I'd say I am.'' She laughed back.
''Come on, let's go clear up the camp.'' Starvia left the tent. James stayed still.
''James... Good luck out there.'' Mesprit whispered to James.
''Thanks.''
''Hey, Quillinger, you coming or what?''
''Yeah, be a sec...'' James left the tent.

Funny, really. Every time I opened up this chapter to write it, I'd only get 3 lines done before getting bored and going on 
CounterStrike: Condition Zero. :lol: Well, at least this chapter's FINALLY done.

Oh, one more note: At the time of writing, I'm looking for a couple of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime that was released
to tie in with every version of the game. Apparently, they were great, so I'm on the hunt for them, but am having no luck.
If you wanna help me out, details are on my profile page.

• 4 weeks later...
Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddd...

Chapter 6
On Approach

James looked at the deep orange sunset. He'd just put in a hard day's work cleaning and tidying up the camp, ready
for their trek to Sandslash's hideout. They were close, they just need to finish the job. Chimchar hopped up onto the balcony
next to James.
''The time slowly draws nearer...'' James said to himself.
''The time to fight for justice.'' Chimchar said. James turned around.
''Hey there.'' Chimchar hopped up beside him.
''Say, James. You gonna snap Starvia back up as a proper member of the team?''
''Hmm...Probably. I mean, well, she is useful to the team.''
''Ooh, you like her.'' Chimchar growled.
''I do not!''
''Fine, fine... Hey look, there's Starvia!''
''Huh?'' James glanced at where Chimchar was looking. No one. Chimchar burst into laughter.
''You're in love with Star-via! You're in love with Star-via!''
''I'm not! Cut it out!''
''Hey, what the hell are you two doing?'' A voice came from behind them. It was Lopunny.
''Didn't you hear? Scizor called everyone to the square! Come on, get your butts down here and get over there.'' James and
Chimchar jumped down off of the balcony and followed Lopunny.
''You're in love with Star-via... you're in love with Star-via...'' Chimchar kept chanting into James' left ear.
''Seriously, if you don't stop now, I'm gonna superglue your lips together.'' That shut him up. James and Chimchar reached
the square. Everyone was waiting for them.
''Ugh, finally.'' Scizor grated. James ignored this and went around the back to the rest of his team members.
''The hell have you two been?'' Starvia whispered.
''Up on the balcony. Chimchar didn't tell me about this, so you can blame him.''
''...Now, as I was saying, thanks to Mesprit's intelligence, she revealed info about a secret tunnel underneath the Underground
Lake which we can use to get directly to the village ruins and to Sandslash. But since the village is far from here, we're gonna
have to move out in a moment if we're gonna have any chance of getting there in time. So let's move it!'' Everyone headed
out north back to the Underground Lake. It was a straight run; no problems with hostile wild Pokémon at all. They soon
arrived at the lake.
''Listen everyone, this is your last chance to check over your supplies.'' James told everyone. ''We'll give ourselves a few 
minutes to rest up, but only a few minutes. We can't afford to waste any time.'' While the Pokémon did a once-through with
their bags, James talked to Starvia.
''Hey. You sure you're ready for this?'' James asked her.
''Sure I am. We've been through more dangerous stuff than this in the past, remember?''
''Right. Darkrai, Dialga, Giratina only last month...''
''We can do this. No, we WILL do this.''
''Heh, that's one way of putting it. ...Hey, if we do make it back, well...''
''Yeah?''
''...Do you wanna come back to the team? I mean, I couldn't have defeated Giratina without you.''
''Yes, I suppose that's true... All right, I will.'' James beamed at her and nodded.
''Thanks.''
''Hey, did you even forget? We're all in this together. Me, you, Piplup, Chimchar, Treecko...'' James looked around at each
team member. He's known these guys for more than 4 years now. Ever since he washed up on that beach with amnesia.*1''
James got up.
''All right, that's enough time, we should go and find the tunnel.'' He called out to everyone. James looked down into 
the clear water.
''Found the tunnel. It's underwater, but it looks like a short swim.''
''Underwater? Then you're screwed, Chimchar.'' Piplup said. Chimchar was a Fire-type Pokémon, and everyone knew he
couldn't swim. James wasn't about to let that stop him though.
''I say otherwise,'' He smirked, before grabbing Chimchar by the arm.
''Hey, the hell are you doing?! Lemme go!''
''This might sting a bit.'' James pushed himself and Chimchar into the water. Once underneath, James grabbed Chimchar's
flailing leg and dragged him through the tunnel. Up and down, left and right, the tunnel never stopped curving. All the while,
Chimchar was slowly running out of breath...

James and Chimchar broke the surface. Chimchar heaved himself into the floor and gulped air in like a fish on a riverbank.
''Whatever you do...don't ever...do that again.'' He spluttered out between breaths.
''Maybe that WAS a bad idea. But look, we made it into the tunnel.''
''James! You alright?'' Piplup came on the line.
''Yeah, we're okay. Come on through, but not all at once.'' And one by one, everyone swam through the tunnel to get into
the hidden passage. Once everyone was through, Treecko did a head count.
''...Looks like we're all accounted for.'' He said. Team Charm looked down the long tunnel. It never seemed to end. It
didn't even deviate one single bit.
''Not far to go now.'' Medicham said. ''It's been a bit of a chase.''
''Yeah. We've got 'em right where we want 'em to be now. We can't let that damn Sandslash get away this time. God knows
what his bounty is now.'' 
''..We should move.'' James said. The party travelled through the tunnel for a very long time. An hour passed. Then another.
2 more went by, then another 2...
''Hey, I think I see a light!'' Starvia shouted to the group, pointing to the end of the tunnel.
''Hurry! Come on!'' James said, he started to run, but stopped just in time before the ceiling above him gave way. When the smoke
cleared, a Pokémon blocked the path.
Graveler.
''You've done well, James. And for tht, I applaud your effort? Time's up, though.''
''Don't bother trying to fight us.'' Lopunny said. ''Remember what happened to Graveler?''
''His defeat was an error on his part. I won't be making that mistake however.'' The Pokémon behind James backed away
and got ready to watch the 1-on-1 fight. James hopped into his attack stance.
''Show me what you've got!'' Graveler cried, and the two combattants lunged towards each other. James put up a great fight,
but made a fatal error when he awkwardly dodged around Graveler's Rock Throw - dodging straight into Graveler himself.
Graveler anticipated this and grabbed James in a chokehold.
''Who's the error maker now?'' He taunted, tightening his grip. Piplup gasped and barged her way through the crowd.
''Drop him!'' She screeched, throwing a Blast Seed into James' mouth. He downed it in one and the flames that spewed from
it afterwards knocked Graveler back. James countered with Swagger, leaving Graveler confused. James backed off onto
the ground and next to the wall, clutching his throat. Piplup seized this chance to charge up a Hydro Pump. Graveler snapped
out of his confusion, but it was too late.
''DIE!!'' Piplup screeched, throwing her hands out and summoning a massive wall of water.
''What the...'' Graveler was swamped by the tidal wave. James protected his face with his hands and saw out of the corner
of his eye that Graveler's body was melting away like acid on plate of metal...

Piplup stopped the Hydro Pump. Graveler was gone.
''Good riddance.'' She grunted.
''Death by water. What a ways to go.'' Lopunny remarked. ''Glad James wasn't caught up in that.'' She then gasped.
James!
The team ran over to him. James was still clutching his throat.
''Hey, you all right?'' Scizor asked.
''No... He really did choke me hard.'' James revealed his throat to the others. The skin color was bright red.
''Holy... There's no way we're gonna get this healed up in time.''
''There's one way.'' Gardevoir piped up. ''Stand back.'' Everyone backed away from James. Gardevoir closed her eyes,
and outstreched her hands, summoning a bright yellow light, which evaporated into James' body. Within moments, the red
peeled away skin changed back to its beige, natural color. James was able to pull his hand away from his throat without any
problems.
''Healing Wish,'' He remarked. ''Thanks Gardevoir.'' She nodded.
''You're welcome, mon ami.'' James got back up and looked down the tunnel.
''We're almost there. You guys ready for a fight?''
''Sure we are.'' Scizor said. James dusted himself off.
''Then we should be moving.'' Everyone continued walking and emerged out of the tunnel.

DAMN COUNTERSTRIKE. Until I get this done, I'm uninstalling it. Seems like the only way I can stay focused on this.

A commendable job, comrade. Not much I can nitpick over.

Thanks man. Are they any changes you wanna see for Episode 3?

EDIT: I really do hope I can get this done before CounterStrike takes over my life again. XD

Nothing off the top of my head, no.

OK. I'll get to writing Chapter 7 now, might be a while.

• 4 weeks later...
Second to last update. Time for the remaining smugglers and James' party to battle against each other in the finale.
Seconds out...*Ding Ding* Round On---Uh, I mean...

Chapter 7
Face-Off

James peered around the corner. There were the ruins of the village, but no sign of the smugglers.
''...Seems to be all clear. Stay down though.'' The village was an absolute mess ever since a sandstorm blew through here.
The place was deserted. Sand blew through the back streets and destroyed buildings as the place started to grow dark. So
this is the battleground.
''Guys, find cover and keep in it until I give the go code.'' Everyone dispersed as they shuffled down into the buildings. James
and Scizor picked a small storage hut with a gaping hole in the side of it. Good, they'd be able to see for miles through it.
''Guess this is it. The end of the chase...'' Scizor said.
''Yeah. It's been a hell of a past few days.'' James replied.
''We can't let the rest of the smugglers who are still alive get away now. If they do, then that's gonna screw all of us over
really badly.''
''I've got movement, about 500 metres out... James, it's the smugglers.'' Chimchar affirmed.
''I can see two other ones heading for the square. I haven't seen them before.'' Lopunny added.
''ID them.''
''Uh.... Looks like a Rampardos and... I think that's a Dusclops.''
''What's a Ghost-type doing all the way out here?''
''I 'unno, but one thing's for sure. Those are the ones supplying the eggs to Sandslash. Both parties are in the square.''
''Can you hear what they're saying?'' James asked.
''No I can't, they're too far away from me. Ah hang on... They've got headsets. If I can rewire the frequencies...''
''So James, what are you gonna do with Sandslash? Kill him or bring him in?'' Scizor asked.
''...Depends on how easy the fight'll be.''
''Aha. Guys, I've got a line on the smugglers.''
''What are they saying?'' Starvia asked.
''Something about cloning the eggs... Bingo! Seems like they're using an amplified version of Double Team to clone the eggs.''
''Amplified?'' Piplup repeated. ''Amplified how?''
''You know how those rare Ginsengs can power-up our attacks? Turns out they had a whole stash on them.''
''What?! A whole stash?!'' Starvia exclaimed.
''Yeah, you heard me right.''
''Why didn't they use them when they attacked the base then?''
''Maybe they just wanted to see if we really were as good as they say we are-- whoa, holy CRAP!!'' Shouting and yelling
came on the radio. ''Man, that was close!''
''What the?! Treecko, respond! What the hell's going on?!''
''Taking fire, need assistance! They know I'm here!'' James saw a load of ranged moves fly by him.
''Go, go, GO!'' James lobbed a Luminous Orb into the square, waited for it to flare up, then vaulted over the gaping hole and
closed in on the smugglers.
''I'll take Cacturne!'' Chimchar shouted. ''Treecko, you can have Dusclops and James, Sandslash is all yours!'' As the
fighting began, James chased after Sandslash, who was fleeing out into the desert.
''Get back here, you...'' James got close enough to Tackle Sandslah, and forced him to the ground. Sandslash Mud-Slapped
James though, giving him enough time to get back up.
''You know you can't win, Sandslash.''
''Maybe not, but I can still get away.''
''Not if I take you down here and now!'' James and Sandslash lunged at each other, and the fight began. They raged at
each other for the best part of 3 minutes, when James saw an opening in Sandslash's defence and tried to hit his leg
with a Hyper Beam. Sandslash saw it coming though, jumped over it to dodge the beam and Double Kicked James to
the ground. Sandslash tried to end James' life again by Slashing his throat out, but once again, James was too quick
and rolled out of the way, kicking Sandslash in the face and sending him reeling away. James swiftfully rolled back up 
and leaped at Sandslash, locking hands with him. After a tiring struggle, James got the upper hand, broke through 
Sandslash's guard and sent him flying. Sandslash's feet dug into the ground and he slid back, keeping his balance.
''I'm not finished yet!'' He cried, throwing his hands into the air and jumping down into the sand. The next thing James 
felt was the sting of sand against his face. Sandslash had summoned an almighty Sandstorm and burrowed down into 
the sand to escape.  James had just let him get away again. He swore under his breath.
''James, where are you?'' Scizor asked. ''We've managed to bring all the smugglers down, but we can't find Piplup or 
Sandslash anywhere. Do you know where they are?''
''I just let the turd get away. We gotta find Piplup though, we never ever leave a friend behind!''
''We're all in the square, now get over here as fast as you can!'' James tore part of his trousers off and covered his mouth
with it to stop sand getting into it and trudged his way back to the ruins. Scizor had a point though; when they broke out of 
cover to start the attack on the smugglers, James didn't see Piplup. Where was she?

She wasn't a coward. She was smart.
Piplup had hidden in a small but deep water well. She knew that somthing like this was gonna happen, and something did
happen. Piplup didn't want to waste vital H.P just staying out in the storm. That's why she was down here. How were the 
others doing? Did they take down the smugglers, and more importantly, Sandslash? She'd find out in a little while. 
The sandstorm finally stopped after a few minutes. Good. Piplup stood up and started to climb the well. She looked down
on her way up, and heard the faint noise of water dripping from the bottom.
''That's one place I wouldn't wanna fall down.'' She muttered to herself. ''Chances of survival if you did'll probably be zero.''
Once at the top, she hoisted herself over, and looked up at the sky. It was night time. The stars had come out. She didn't
have time to gaze at them though, she had to go check up on the others. But she didn't even take one step when Piplup
saw a figure leap out of the sand and face her. She knew instantly who it was.
Sandslash!
Piplup tried to get the jump on him, but Sandslash was too quick for her, blocked the attack and thrust his claws deep into
Piplup's chest, causing a massive entry wound. Piplup tried to scream out in pain, but all she managed was just a faint 
whimper. Sandslash smiled evily, and grabbed Piplup by her neck, with the intention of chucking her down the well. Just 
as Sandslash lifted his arms however, Piplup made one last resort to escape, and with all her strength, managed to slip
out of Sandslash's grip. Sandslash tried to slice Piplup's throat out, but with one last desperate attempt, Piplup summoned
all her strength in her leg, kicked Sandslash square in the chest, sending him backwards, unable to regain his balance. Piplup 
gasped in both pain and suprise when she saw what happened next.
He fell down the well.
Piplup dragged her heavily bleeding body next to the stone edges of the well, and could hear Sandslash screaming as
he fell slowly to the bottom. There was a sickening, muffled 'crunch' soon afterwards. Sandslash was dead. The mission
was accomplished.
''That was for Mesprit,'' She whispered, gasping for breath. Her vision started to blur and go red, she found it difficult to breathe, 
and finally, she collapsed onto the cool sand, right by death's door itself....

What will happen to Piplup? *In announcers voice* Tune in next week (Time), Bat (Pokémon) Fans!

Ah, the last chapter....

Chapter 8
Homebound

There was a bright light.
Piplup tried to swat it away, but it wouldn't leave, no matter how hard she tried.
''Just go...'' She muttered, slowly opening her blue eyelids. Her vision was blurred at first, but it soon came back into focus.
James, Treecko, Chimchar and Starvia were sitting around her. Treecko sighed in relief.
''Welcome back, Piplup.'' She smiled when James said that. ''You all right?''
''Sort of. Where am I?''
''The guild. The mission was a success. All the smugglers are either in custody or killed off.''
''And Sandslash?'' Piplup asked, a split-second before she lept up.
Sandslash!
She killed him, didn't she? After seeing him drop down the well...
''I...killed Sandslash, didn't I?'' She asked, just wanting to make sure.
''That's what we thought when we saw you K.Oed by that well in the ruins two days ago.'' Treecko said.
''Oh, reall--Wait.'' She lept up again, screaming: ''TWO DAYS?!?''
''Yeah,'' Chimchar said, laughing. ''Two days.''
''How the hell did I lose that much time?!''
''Sleep Seeds,'' Starvia said briefly. ''Them, plus even more Sleep Seeds.''
''Holy crap...'' Piplup let her head drop back onto the cusion. ''Tell me what happened while I was down and out.''
''While James was fighting Sandslash, then letting him get away, me, Treecko and the guys were trying to subdue the
rest of the smugglers - that was, Relicanth, Cacturne, Dusclops and Rampardos - as quickly as we could.'' Treecko
explained. ''We got 'em all, but when we regrouped, we couldn't find you or Sandslash. And for some reason, we couldn't 
get a line through to your headset either...''
''When I got back to the village,'' James continued, ''We started an immediate manhunt for the two of you. We came across
you a good few minutes after that. The state you were in? Hell, even I had trouble trying not to throw up.''
''Me and Gardevoir treated you on the scene to keep you alive, but we had to keep you unconcious for a couple of days to
administer full treatment.''
''I guess this is the biggest one I owe you guys then. Oh, are Team Charm here?'' Starvia shrugged her shoulders.
''You know how they are. They send their best though.'' When she said that, Wigglytuff and Chatot came in.
''Ah, Piplup. Good to see you're all right.'' Said Wigglytuff, coming over.
''It's thanks to these guys here. To be honest, I'm nothing without them.''
''You don't need to say something like that.'' Treecko said. ''Of course you're something without us.'' James remained
silent and walked over to the window while the others talked. It was the middle of the night. Some of the guildmembers
were still up, some were sleeping away peacefully. Starvia joined him after a while.
''Hell of a few days that was.''
''You're not wrong there, Quillinger. But we knew that we'd come out okay.''
''Not all of us came out unscratched.'' James said, looking over his shoulder at Piplup. ''She's learnt to rely on herself.''
''How can you tell?''
''She didn't flee that time. Even when she was close to death, she didn't back down at all and managed to kill Sandslash.''
''And she says she owes us big-time. I think it's US who owe HER.''
''And you know...''
''Yeah?'' James closed his eyes and felt the Aura inside him. A clear sky blue.
''I actually don't miss the laid-back lives we had. In fact, I'm actually raring to get up and going again on other missions.''
''What, rescuing Pokémon? Bringing down outlaws? The stuff we used to do before we semi-retired?''
''Yeah. Whaddya say? Wanna help out a human, and three other Pokémon that human relies on heavily to get back up there?''
''You had to ask, didn't you?'' Starvia chuckled. ''Of course I'll help you guys.'' The two of them shook hands.
''Back together...'' Starvia started.
''And we stay together,'' James finished, before looking over his shoulder again. Treecko, Chimchar and Piplup nodded at him.
''Get well soon, Piplup.''

END OF EPISODE TWO

To be continued in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Legends Of The Land - Episode 3: Rolling In The Deep - Coming this winter...

I hope you guys enjoyed this instalment of PMD Legends Of The Land as much as I did writing it. Like I said just now, Episode
3 will come sometime during the winter. Until then, I'm gonna be writing other fan-fics.

Currently in the works, planned for end of 2013/start of 2014:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Legends Of The Land - Episode 3: Rolling In The Deep
Uplink - The Cyberwar (I said I was gonna put that on hold until I found some time to continue it)
CounterStrike - Red Wyverns (Betcha didn't see that one coming, did you? :D )
Rio - The Carnival (That's right, I'm making a fan-fic based on one of the BEST animation films I've seen)

Until then, stay tuned everyone!
Neoware

(A small shout out to Dark The Luciaro - Or should that be Dark The GROVYLE :lol: - and Star Dragon: How're you guys doing? )

Second to last update. Time for the remaining smugglers and James' party to battle against each other in the finale.
Seconds out...*Ding Ding* Round On---Uh, I mean...

Chapter 7
Face-Off

James peered around the corner. There were the ruins of the village, but no sign of the smugglers.
''...Seems to be all clear. Stay down though.'' The village was an absolute mess ever since a sandstorm blew through here.
The place was deserted. Sand blew through the back streets and destroyed buildings as the place started to grow dark. So
this is the battleground.
''Guys, find cover and keep in it until I give the go code.'' Everyone dispersed as they shuffled down into the buildings. James
and Scizor picked a small storage hut with a gaping hole in the side of it. Good, they'd be able to see for miles through it.
''Guess this is it. The end of the chase...'' Scizor said.
''Yeah. It's been a hell of a past few days.'' James replied.
''We can't let the rest of the smugglers who are still alive get away now. If they do, then that's gonna screw all of us over
really badly.''
''I've got movement, about 500 metres out... James, it's the smugglers.'' Chimchar affirmed.
''I can see two other ones heading for the square. I haven't seen them before.'' Lopunny added.
''ID them.''
''Uh.... Looks like a Rampardos and... I think that's a Dusclops.''
''What's a Ghost-type doing all the way out here?''
''I 'unno, but one thing's for sure. Those are the ones supplying the eggs to Sandslash. Both parties are in the square.''
''Can you hear what they're saying?'' James asked.
''No I can't, they're too far away from me. Ah hang on... They've got headsets. If I can rewire the frequencies...''
''So James, what are you gonna do with Sandslash? Kill him or bring him in?'' Scizor asked.
''...Depends on how easy the fight'll be.''
''Aha. Guys, I've got a line on the smugglers.''
''What are they saying?'' Starvia asked.
''Something about cloning the eggs... Bingo! Seems like they're using an amplified version of Double Team to clone the eggs.''
''Amplified?'' Piplup repeated. ''Amplified how?''
''You know how those rare Ginsengs can power-up our attacks? Turns out they had a whole stash on them.''
''What?! A whole stash?!'' Starvia exclaimed.
''Yeah, you heard me right.''
''Why didn't they use them when they attacked the base then?''
''Maybe they just wanted to see if we really were as good as they say we are-- whoa, holy CRAP!!'' Shouting and yelling
came on the radio. ''Man, that was close!''
''What the?! Treecko, respond! What the hell's going on?!''
''Taking fire, need assistance! They know I'm here!'' James saw a load of ranged moves fly by him.
''Go, go, GO!'' James lobbed a Luminous Orb into the square, waited for it to flare up, then vaulted over the gaping hole and
closed in on the smugglers.
''I'll take Cacturne!'' Chimchar shouted. ''Treecko, you can have Dusclops and James, Sandslash is all yours!'' As the
fighting began, James chased after Sandslash, who was fleeing out into the desert.
''Get back here, you...'' James got close enough to Tackle Sandslah, and forced him to the ground. Sandslash Mud-Slapped
James though, giving him enough time to get back up.
''You know you can't win, Sandslash.''
''Maybe not, but I can still get away.''
''Not if I take you down here and now!'' James and Sandslash lunged at each other, and the fight began. They raged at
each other for the best part of 3 minutes, when James saw an opening in Sandslash's defence and tried to hit his leg
with a Hyper Beam. Sandslash saw it coming though, jumped over it to dodge the beam and Double Kicked James to
the ground. Sandslash tried to end James' life again by Slashing his throat out, but once again, James was too quick
and rolled out of the way, kicking Sandslash in the face and sending him reeling away. James swiftfully rolled back up 
and leaped at Sandslash, locking hands with him. After a tiring struggle, James got the upper hand, broke through 
Sandslash's guard and sent him flying. Sandslash's feet dug into the ground and he slid back, keeping his balance.
''I'm not finished yet!'' He cried, throwing his hands into the air and jumping down into the sand. The next thing James 
felt was the sting of sand against his face. Sandslash had summoned an almighty Sandstorm and burrowed down into 
the sand to escape.  James had just let him get away again. He swore under his breath.
''James, where are you?'' Scizor asked. ''We've managed to bring all the smugglers down, but we can't find Piplup or 
Sandslash anywhere. Do you know where they are?''
''I just let the turd get away. We gotta find Piplup though, we never ever leave a friend behind!''
''We're all in the square, now get over here as fast as you can!'' James tore part of his trousers off and covered his mouth
with it to stop sand getting into it and trudged his way back to the ruins. Scizor had a point though; when they broke out of 
cover to start the attack on the smugglers, James didn't see Piplup. Where was she?

She wasn't a coward. She was smart.
Piplup had hidden in a small but deep water well. She knew that somthing like this was gonna happen, and something did
happen. Piplup didn't want to waste vital H.P just staying out in the storm. That's why she was down here. How were the 
others doing? Did they take down the smugglers, and more importantly, Sandslash? She'd find out in a little while. 
The sandstorm finally stopped after a few minutes. Good. Piplup stood up and started to climb the well. She looked down
on her way up, and heard the faint noise of water dripping from the bottom.
''That's one place I wouldn't wanna fall down.'' She muttered to herself. ''Chances of survival if you did'll probably be zero.''
Once at the top, she hoisted herself over, and looked up at the sky. It was night time. The stars had come out. She didn't
have time to gaze at them though, she had to go check up on the others. But she didn't even take one step when Piplup
saw a figure leap out of the sand and face her. She knew instantly who it was.
Sandslash!
Piplup tried to get the jump on him, but Sandslash was too quick for her, blocked the attack and thrust his claws deep into
Piplup's chest, causing a massive entry wound. Piplup tried to scream out in pain, but all she managed was just a faint 
whimper. Sandslash smiled evily, and grabbed Piplup by her neck, with the intention of chucking her down the well. Just 
as Sandslash lifted his arms however, Piplup made one last resort to escape, and with all her strength, managed to slip
out of Sandslash's grip. Sandslash tried to slice Piplup's throat out, but with one last desperate attempt, Piplup summoned
all her strength in her leg, kicked Sandslash square in the chest, sending him backwards, unable to regain his balance. Piplup 
gasped in both pain and suprise when she saw what happened next.
He fell down the well.
Piplup dragged her heavily bleeding body next to the stone edges of the well, and could hear Sandslash screaming as
he fell slowly to the bottom. There was a sickening, muffled 'crunch' soon afterwards. Sandslash was dead. The mission
was accomplished.
''That was for Mesprit,'' She whispered, gasping for breath. Her vision started to blur and go red, she found it difficult to breathe, 
and finally, she collapsed onto the cool sand, right by death's door itself....

What will happen to Piplup? *In announcers voice* Tune in next week (Time), Bat (Pokémon) Fans!

Ah, the last chapter....

Chapter 8
Homebound

There was a bright light.
Piplup tried to swat it away, but it wouldn't leave, no matter how hard she tried.
''Just go...'' She muttered, slowly opening her blue eyelids. Her vision was blurred at first, but it soon came back into focus.
James, Treecko, Chimchar and Starvia were sitting around her. Treecko sighed in relief.
''Welcome back, Piplup.'' She smiled when James said that. ''You all right?''
''Sort of. Where am I?''
''The guild. The mission was a success. All the smugglers are either in custody or killed off.''
''And Sandslash?'' Piplup asked, a split-second before she lept up.
Sandslash!
She killed him, didn't she? After seeing him drop down the well...
''I...killed Sandslash, didn't I?'' She asked, just wanting to make sure.
''That's what we thought when we saw you K.Oed by that well in the ruins two days ago.'' Treecko said.
''Oh, reall--Wait.'' She lept up again, screaming: ''TWO DAYS?!?''
''Yeah,'' Chimchar said, laughing. ''Two days.''
''How the hell did I lose that much time?!''
''Sleep Seeds,'' Starvia said briefly. ''Them, plus even more Sleep Seeds.''
''Holy crap...'' Piplup let her head drop back onto the cusion. ''Tell me what happened while I was down and out.''
''While James was fighting Sandslash, then letting him get away, me, Treecko and the guys were trying to subdue the
rest of the smugglers - that was, Relicanth, Cacturne, Dusclops and Rampardos - as quickly as we could.'' Treecko
explained. ''We got 'em all, but when we regrouped, we couldn't find you or Sandslash. And for some reason, we couldn't 
get a line through to your headset either...''
''When I got back to the village,'' James continued, ''We started an immediate manhunt for the two of you. We came across
you a good few minutes after that. The state you were in? Hell, even I had trouble trying not to throw up.''
''Me and Gardevoir treated you on the scene to keep you alive, but we had to keep you unconcious for a couple of days to
administer full treatment.''
''I guess this is the biggest one I owe you guys then. Oh, are Team Charm here?'' Starvia shrugged her shoulders.
''You know how they are. They send their best though.'' When she said that, Wigglytuff and Chatot came in.
''Ah, Piplup. Good to see you're all right.'' Said Wigglytuff, coming over.
''It's thanks to these guys here. To be honest, I'm nothing without them.''
''You don't need to say something like that.'' Treecko said. ''Of course you're something without us.'' James remained
silent and walked over to the window while the others talked. It was the middle of the night. Some of the guildmembers
were still up, some were sleeping away peacefully. Starvia joined him after a while.
''Hell of a few days that was.''
''You're not wrong there, Quillinger. But we knew that we'd come out okay.''
''Not all of us came out unscratched.'' James said, looking over his shoulder at Piplup. ''She's learnt to rely on herself.''
''How can you tell?''
''She didn't flee that time. Even when she was close to death, she didn't back down at all and managed to kill Sandslash.''
''And she says she owes us big-time. I think it's US who owe HER.''
''And you know...''
''Yeah?'' James closed his eyes and felt the Aura inside him. A clear sky blue.
''I actually don't miss the laid-back lives we had. In fact, I'm actually raring to get up and going again on other missions.''
''What, rescuing Pokémon? Bringing down outlaws? The stuff we used to do before we semi-retired?''
''Yeah. Whaddya say? Wanna help out a human, and three other Pokémon that human relies on heavily to get back up there?''
''You had to ask, didn't you?'' Starvia chuckled. ''Of course I'll help you guys.'' The two of them shook hands.
''Back together...'' Starvia started.
''And we stay together,'' James finished, before looking over his shoulder again. Treecko, Chimchar and Piplup nodded at him.
''Get well soon, Piplup.''

END OF EPISODE TWO

To be continued in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Legends Of The Land - Episode 3: Rolling In The Deep - Coming this winter...

I hope you guys enjoyed this instalment of PMD Legends Of The Land as much as I did writing it. Like I said just now, Episode
3 will come sometime during the winter. Until then, I'm gonna be writing other fan-fics.

Currently in the works, planned for end of 2013/start of 2014:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Legends Of The Land - Episode 3: Rolling In The Deep
Uplink - The Cyberwar (I said I was gonna put that on hold until I found some time to continue it)
CounterStrike - Red Wyverns (Betcha didn't see that one coming, did you? :D )
Rio - The Carnival (That's right, I'm making a fan-fic based on one of the BEST animation films I've seen)

Until then, stay tuned everyone!
Neoware

(A small shout out to Dark The Luciaro - Or should that be Dark The GROVYLE :lol: - and Star Dragon: How're you guys doing? )