AUDITION RESULTS: Star Fox Act IV - Seeing Double

DZComposer

Hey, I listened to the clip. Could I suggest that you record your auditions in separate clips, and not add commentary on the side?

If you don't want to have to record the lines again, you can do what I do with pre-recorded stuff in auditions;

• Record introduction
  • Paste in audition clip
  • export
I put my name at the beginning of most of my audition clips, even though nobody needs much clarity on my voice.

Here's an example of one of my own. I blabber a bit, but doesn't mean you can't either. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qElh3oG8dgT2RNcXJSazJtMms/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Ooh, DZ, I had an idea for you with Fara Phoenix! Since you shifted my lines to sound more like Fana, would it work to pitch-shift them slightly less this time to act more as a transition into my own voice? Because if it's too sudden to give Fara a new voice actress, couldn't one make it a gradual transition?

It was just a suggestion. And I personally listened to it and couldn't tell between the comments and the performance. 

There a format to this too on the first post. In voice recording auditions, the thing to do is record the lines + the added made-up one and, if you want, add comments and questions on the side. And, yes, these things are kinda strict.

And when people try to help, don't be salty. It doesn't help either one of you and bad feeling linger. 

Hidi isn't the one making decisions, though I do prefer auditions be separate, I can, and have in the past, accepted them as one file.

Though when the final recording time comes, you must record each line in a separate file.

Anyway, I will be making the decisions shortly.

AUDITION RESULTS:

LIZARD SOLDIER - Neoware

COMM BOSS - Neoware

MESSENGER - High Executor

VILLAGER 1 -High Executor

VILLAGER 2 - Hidi

VILLAGER 3 - PGPaw

VILLAGER 4 - DZ

CHILD - Hidi

SCULPTOR - Jeroscope

CORNERIAN SOLDIER - Jeroscope

Thanks again everyone who submitted auditions!

Jeroscope, you absolutely nailed that sculptor voice. :yes: However, one thing you need to fix for the final recording is the clipping issues. Check your mic gain and watch the level meter as you record.

The Lizard was a close call. I really liked both entries, but I had to go with Neoware for the lizard because I liked his accenting of the "s" sounds better.

Great job everyone else, too. High Executor, please check you gain. Your recordings were very quiet. Also, Neoware, see if you can find and eliminate the hissing noise behind your recording. It may just be a result of using an on-board soundcard, but see what you can do with it.

I will do villager 4 myself because I do not want two villagers voiced by the same person and both auditioners were already given villager parts.

Thanks again, guys. I'll try to get this one out quicker than Ep 3. Since I don't have to move in the middle of production it should go quicker.

Please wait for the production thread before recording lines. There are some minor changes I am making to the script.

My thought on the Fara situation, is we should have whoever is going to do Fara's lines just record all the lines for 1-4 so it can be updated.  That is, if DZ is up to the task of doing that.  

To be perfectly honest, I don't really like the pitch shift of Hidi's voice for Fara.  I just think it sounds very unnatural.  It's just how I hear it though, anyone else think this?

Yeah, I wasn't happy with that, either. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it this time, though if Hidi differentiates it enough from Slippy, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Also, Fara doesn't have as many lines as previously in this episode.

As far as going back, I really don't want to throw out someone's work just because later someone else read the part. That's some George Lucas shit.

AUDITION RESULTS:

LIZARD SOLDIER - Neoware

COMM BOSS - Neoware

HA HAAAA!!! :D

EDIT: DZ, the background noise is the fan in my computer, because it doesn't seem to work properly (It's not revolving as fast as it should be) and my father had to take the side off of my computer case so more air could get into it. I might be able to stick on

a volume automation clip in FL Studio when I record them so I can get rid of the noise when I start and finish

the line. (Or maybe I could just turn down the gain on my mic, I dunno). I'll see what works best.

Well, at least I don't have to be a Vorcha.

I'll be sure to use the file formalities on my next recording. In addition, what rendering software do you use? Because it would be a lot easier if you use a program like Sony Vegas to find the section and replace it. I have a copy if you want me to change them, and yes, they can render MP3s. It can render those in some cases BETTER than other programs.

EDIT: Yeah, I did notice the clipping. I'm using a headset that has an interesting problem with the input, problem meaning its very quiet so I need to "Use the boost to get through!" :D

Anyway, I'll do some testing use the Martinet voice and see what volume works best.

Hidi isn't the one making decisions, though I do prefer auditions be separate, I can, and have in the past, accepted them as one file.

Yeah, I was a little too blunt with my words. Jero and I talked it over on Steam, so we're all good.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with it this time, though if Hidi differentiates it enough from Slippy, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Also, Fara doesn't have as many lines as previously in this episode.

When you finish up your modifications on the script, I can plan a read through session for all the people in this act. That way everyone can get together and critique each other, and we can also pester myself until I find a decent Fara voice.

If you don't already have me on Skype, please message me your Skype names!

HA HAAAA!!! :D

EDIT: DZ, the background noise is the fan in my computer, because it doesn't seem to work properly (It's not revolving as fast as it should be) and my father had to take the side off of my computer case so more air could get into it. I might be able to stick on

a volume automation clip in FL Studio when I record them so I can get rid of the noise when I start and finish

the line. (Or maybe I could just turn down the gain on my mic, I dunno). I'll see what works best.

Don't turn down the gain too much. If I have to boost it noise may come in. See if FL has something called a "Noise Gate." It will mute the gain when it detects only noise and un-mutes it when there is signal.

I'll be sure to use the file formalities on my next recording. In addition, what rendering software do you use? Because it would be a lot easier if you use a program like Sony Vegas to find the section and replace it. I have a copy if you want me to change them, and yes, they can render MP3s. It can render those in some cases BETTER than other programs.

EDIT: Yeah, I did notice the clipping. I'm using a headset that has an interesting problem with the input, problem meaning its very quiet so I need to "Use the boost to get through!" :D

Anyway, I'll do some testing use the Martinet voice and see what volume works best.

I'm using Cubase to make the episodes. Yes, I could use it to chop-up files but if they're separate files all I need to do is import them into the audio pool and then drag them where I need them.

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider doing something like this in something like Audacity.

When you finish up your modifications on the script, I can plan a read through session for all the people in this act. That way everyone can get together and critique each other, and we can also pester myself until I find a decent Fara voice.

If you don't already have me on Skype, please message me your Skype names!

You know what would be awesome is if we could all read over the internet and I record it on my end. The dialog would sound much more natural. The problem is Skype's notorious unreliability and poor audio quality.

High Executor, please check you gain. Your recordings were very quiet.

I don't know what to tell you. When I listen over my recordings they're really loud.

You know what would be awesome is if we could all read over the internet and I record it on my end. The dialog would sound much more natural. The problem is Skype's notorious unreliability and poor audio quality.

What about using Mumble? You can record the audio right off of it, and get separate files for everyone's voice.

Don't turn down the gain too much. If I have to boost it noise may come in. See if FL has something called a "Noise Gate." It will mute the gain when it detects only noise and un-mutes it when there is signal.

I... think it has. If it doesn't, I can simply download an add-on from somewhere. I've got FL Studio 11 Producer

Edition, so it should support all kinds off add-ons and plugins. I'll check tomorrow afternoon over here.

hidi, mumble isnt free.

Actually, it is: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ Problem is I don't have a server set up for it right now.

Teamspeak and Ventrillo are the ones that are not free for servers, but all of them have free clients.

Actually, it is: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ Problem is I don't have a server set up for it right now.

Teamspeak and Ventrillo are the ones that are not free for servers, but all of them have free clients.

I might be able to get a Mumble server set up for us.

Nah, I'll never be able to join you guys should you do decide to do a read-through of the scipt. Time zones, remember?